spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

disconnected

@snet.net

[WIN7] Room EQ Wizard 5 Not Compatible with Windows 7 64-bit?

This is on a new install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on a Gigabyte P35-DQ6 mainboard with 8GB of Mushkin memory and GF8800 video. I should mention that the hard drive being installed to (the system drive) is an SSD Intel 335 series.

The program installation is successful, but I am unable to do anything with it once it launches. The window remains "in the background" no matter how much I click on it, and as such, I cannot interact with it, or even move the window. The window border color is "inactive". Task Manager says it's running. But when I closed it by force, this troubleshooting wizard opens and the details are as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:	AppHangB1
Application Name:	roomeqwizard.exe
Application Version:	5.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:	49a57627
Hang Signature:	f396
Hang Type:	6144
OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID:	1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: f3960cd6102b0301b12a220cfb637bcd
Additional Hang Signature 2:	f34b
Additional Hang Signature 3: f34bd1128e7c92312e8c890ad6655ac3
Additional Hang Signature 4:	f396
Additional Hang Signature 5: f3960cd6102b0301b12a220cfb637bcd
Additional Hang Signature 6:	f34b
Additional Hang Signature 7: f34bd1128e7c92312e8c890ad6655ac3

Is this simply incompatible with Windows 7 64-bit? As far as I know, it's the most recent version of the program. I also tried compatibility mode (I used to run this under XP with no problems) in XP SP2 setting, but with no improvement in the situation. Also uninstalled and reinstalled it. Tried run as administrator too. I'm out of ideas. Anyone get this running in Win 7 64?

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

Re: [WIN7] Room EQ Wizard 5 Not Compatible with Windows 7 64-bit

Click for full size
Do you have Java installed on your system?

I ask as that appears to be a requirement of the software, according to the manual.

I found the download link for the user manual here (scroll down to the help files section, near the bottom of the page)

»www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/#downloads

The picture above comes directly from the manual.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

disconnected

@snet.net

Java installation was the first step of the install, so yes.

disconnected

@snet.net

Since the last post, I tried uninstalling both REW 5 and Java. The Java was an older version, still available, evidently, but I decided to try installing the latest version by manually downloading it from Oracle's site, then try installing REW 5. Unfortunately, the same result. The app is there, I just can't 'get' to it. It's "running" in the Task Manager, but it's as if it's behind an invisible wall that is impervious to clicking on. I can't make REW 5 take the focus, so I can't access it.

I was able to install it in a Windows XP virtual PC, however, it doesn't have access to the sound hardware and cannot select an input device, because of the emulation in XP virtual.

I'm going to try installing an older version of REW and see if that works. The latest one was only tested on Win XP and Mac.

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

I install version 4.11, which is at least 5 years old, and it works.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

Glad you got it working.

Its to bad that you had to go back to an older version of the application.

If I get a chance, I may pull out a spare 80 GB HD that I have and connect that up and install Windows 7 x64 Enterprise, and see what kind of results I get. If I do, I'll update this thread with what I find out.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

according to the authors website, this application was only tested with Windows XP, so I guess results may vary with Windows 7.

jay608
Going Nucking Futs

join:2007-01-22
Chicago, IL

What about running it in XP compatibility mode?

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

No access to the MOTU-896 hardware in a virtual session .