kudos:6

Yep, showing here too.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

This is a joke imo, you raise the cap on some of the middle tiers a bit. But yet leave the ultimate tier at 400gb's of data a month, and ultimate is becoming at least a 100/20 tier in more market's now. I tell you this, stuff like this just makes me want to go over the cap. To see if cox will say anything about it, because I have already voiced my feeling's on this matter. It would just make me give cox a hard time back. Because of all these upgrade's, ultimate is/has had the biggest speed upgrade recently. Yet cox reviews the caps, and only bumps up some of the lower tiers? What a shame.

My ultimate promotion ran out at the beginning of this month, and this right here, will make me push hard for a good discount rate next month when I able to be locked into one again.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to m8trix

No bump for Ultimate...good thing Cox doesn't enforce it given I did over 600GB last month and it is getting worse thanks to Netflix UltraHD.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by skeechan:

No bump for Ultimate...good thing Cox doesn't enforce it given I did over 600GB last month and it is getting worse thanks to Netflix UltraHD.

I haven't went over the cap yet, but I do hope cox is rather soft to the ultimate customer's cap wise. Because with this change, ultimate should of been moved to about 500gb monthly cap. As with the current, ultimate is now only 100gb more then premier, and I currently am paying close to double the price of premier atm. But that will be changing next month, when I am able to lock into another discount/promotion, and I will be making the call to do so.

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ
reply to lilstone87

I've gone over many times without an issue. I don't even bother checking anymore. If they do eventually give me trouble they will lose a ~$250/month customer.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by nickphx:

I've gone over many times without an issue. I don't even bother checking anymore. If they do eventually give me trouble they will lose a ~$250/month customer.

I hear that, and I have been with cox pretty much since they started offering internet in hampton roads, which has been a long time.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to nickphx

Ditto.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

1 edit
reply to m8trix

They have this in my area here Premier..

300 Gigs allows you to use 9.6 gigs per day x31=300.would have been nice to see 350 gig-400 on Premier.

»ww2.cox.com/aboutus/middlegeorgi···sage.cox

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to m8trix

Does't matter here because they don't even bother to enforce it.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Does anyone know what the old caps were?

-Rob

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
reply to No_Strings

Click for full size
No Strings, after looking at your graph, it's amazing how little bandwidth we use every month. This with streaming audio, video and still have room to spare (not sure if you can put photos above the text on here or just like this)

-Rob

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Rob_

Old Caps
Here You Go!

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

Thanks!

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to Rob_

You can tell when my oldest son comes home from college. The Netflix and other streaming usage goes through the roof. He uses more than the other three of us combined and that includes one who is on Xbox of some other online game and has Skype running the whole time.

The only time any torrents are running is when my Linux distribution releases and new version - once a year, maybe.

The rest doesn't amount to a pimple on a flea's ass.

We hit 200 once, most of it Netflix.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
reply to Rob_

Your welcome!

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
reply to lilstone87

said by lilstone87:

This is a joke imo, you raise the cap on some of the middle tiers a bit. But yet leave the ultimate tier at 400gb's of data a month,

My ultimate promotion ran out at the beginning of this month, and this right here, will make me push hard for a good discount rate next month when I able to be locked into one again.

Its of my Opinion that Premier should have 400gig and ultimate at 700GIG.

Some may say am incorrect with all the Large downloads you have these days be it HD Movies or game downloads.With the caps we have vs speed you will go through that no time.
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

We shouldn't have to worry about caps, period. I'm not a data hog, but, it's nice to be able to backup my files off site just in case. I bought a WD MyBook Live and a new Gigabit switch (Buffalo router) and the whole idea of Cloud computing is great but the data caps kinda puts a damper on things.

-Rob

ikyuaoki

join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS
reply to m8trix

now I'm getting 600GB/cap month over the two premier lines.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to m8trix

For once I wish they would actually tell us why they raised them to a specific amount.

Or, why the highest catagory doesn't get raised while others do get raised.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Well I just hope cox is ready when the launches of PS4, and the xbox 720 come out. Because watching Sony talk about the launch of the PS4 at the end of the year. It seems more games will be offered to download probably same day as its released on disc. Also they are supposed to use a cloud based service, to enable customer's to play older PS3/PS2/PS1 games threw streaming them. I know not everyone will like the digital download's to there system, instead of a hard copy on a disc. But me personally I will prefer digital download copy, if games are available same day as disc release, which will mean bandwidth usage will only be higher, with next gen console's.

thedunlap

join:2005-01-31
Gainesville, FL

I received a phone call and email from Cox for 5/12 months in 2012 for going over my Ultimate cap. I have gone over it by quite a bit in 2013 and have yet to receive a call. Maybe they decided to stop harassing me as they don't offer a higher tier.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to lilstone87

Oh forgot to mention, also Sony seems big on making live streaming a big part of PS4. Which will enable lot's of people to live stream what there playing, and also are able to watch there friend's play there games live, even if you don't own the game your friend is playing. I know live streaming isn't something new, as sites like Ustream, Twitch.tv, and etc are already big on it. But it does require equipment to do so, and now Sony including this ability to stream. There will be more people taking advantage of such service's. I am simply implying bandwidth is gonna be a big part of these next gen console's. So cox, and other ISP's better be getting prepared for this. Because if they thought service's like Netflix, was already bad on them, just wait.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to thedunlap

said by thedunlap:

I received a phone call and email from Cox for 5/12 months in 2012 for going over my Ultimate cap. I have gone over it by quite a bit in 2013 and have yet to receive a call. Maybe they decided to stop harassing me as they don't offer a higher tier.

If I was to go over, and receive such a call. I would tell them the same thing already being on there highest residential Ultimate tier, and if they even tried to mention a business connection I would just laugh.

floridaguy

@cox.net

Decided to check my totals.

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to skeechan

said by skeechan:

I could see that phone call going over well...Sir you've used too much internet. We are going to have to move you to uhmm...uh..umm...nevermind sir. I see you are already at the top package. Have a good day.

ikyuaoki

join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS
reply to floridaguy

terrible. Cox will cut your connection and ban you for good till you change your behavior in the way.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

said by ikyuaoki:

terrible. Cox will cut your connection and ban you for good till you change your behavior in the way.

You know what i have to say about this Cox needs to treat its Customers better then they have or these Customers can Disconnect their Cable service and go DSL,Time Warner found out the hard way.

Cox Cable treated my sister like Garbage when she called up Customer service so she hung up, and now shes going to Directv.
$130 Customer you lost cox, me come may or earlier my TV Disconnect.Going Directv!!!!

Cheaper!!!!
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

jbond026

join:2008-03-31
Council Bluffs, IA
reply to m8trix

No bump for Ultimate? Why leave your highest paying residential internet customer's out?

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

said by jbond026:

No bump for Ultimate? Why leave your highest paying residential internet customer's out?

One of them things no reasoning behind it Ultimate should get 700 GIG, You can have all the speed in the world but with not increase in Cap like that there's no use for it.

Jbond go down in service to premier.