spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

DSL service has gone down completely

has of several minutes ago, my AT&T DSL service has gone down. The modem keeps attempting to re train the connection but it is not successful and recycling goes on indefinitely.

is anyone else experiencing an outage in the New Milford area?

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

Click for full size
Here is the DSL diagostics. It listening for signal ..

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

No dial tone ad of 10am.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by disconnected :

No dial tone ad of 10am.

I've had that happen with SBC (before they bought AT&T). Get the telephone voice techs on it. I had to call from a neighbor's house to get them working on it.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

dial tone is back however the DSL modem is still re training. Now I have to go dig up a number for SBC technical support.

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

I spent a half an hour on the phone with technical support. They ran some tests and determined that there was a break in the connection somewhere between the modem and the CO.I have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon for a technician to come out and look at it.

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by disconnected :

I spent a half an hour on the phone with technical support. They ran some tests and determined that there was a break in the connection somewhere between the modem and the CO.I have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon for a technician to come out and look at it.

One time, I had a problem caused by a bad splice on one of the poles between the premises and the SAI box. The way the tech explained it, when the air gap was small, there was LC coupling of the DSL signal across the gap, but when the gap expanded, the coupling was lost. So we had static (narrow gap) to no dial tone (wide gap) as well as crummy DSL (narrow gap) to no DSL (wide gap).

Once the splice was repaired, voice and DSL returned to normal.
--
Norman

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

1 can only hope that it's something as simple as a splice .

disconnected

@spcsdns.net

the AT&T technician was just here. He did some testing on the outside of the house and said it's not sinking up. So he has to go down the street and check something else. I mention the problems we were having with the modem resyncing on Wednesdays and Tuesday nights and he said it's probably because of what he calls the power influence.it has something to do with the power from the electric company and the relationship to the telephone line.

disconnected

@snet.net

Click for full size
Modem Diagnostic
Service is back. Tech said there was a failed card in the RT. I learned where the RT is. Also that we cannot get U-Verse here because the RT is more than 7K feet away.

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by disconnected :

Service is back. Tech said there was a failed card in the RT. I learned where the RT is. Also that we cannot get U-Verse here because the RT is more than 7K feet away.

While 7,000 feet is more than double the distance over which AT&T can offer U-verse with IPTV, I am offered U-verse with IPDSL on a 9,156 foot loop.
--
Norman