to SeattleMatt

Re: Developers Are Busy!

got the update too, woot! I wonder what changed
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Yeah Matt I noticed the reboot as well. My DVR actually froze up as a result. When I powered on my DVR box, The Weather Channel icon came up frozen on my screen. A quick unplug-replug took care of the issue. The non-DVR boxes were unaffected.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Noticed my boxes rebooting this morning - looks like more updates on the XRE side of things...

Release Version - now .OP9

XRE Server now X.01.14 (Build 4122)

I'm beginning to think these are the background/server side changes - while the "STB Version" refers to anything materially on the box itself - but, not 100% sure yet.
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt to egeek84

Premium Member

to egeek84

Re: New Build Pushed

This new build has "slightly" helped out the performance of the RNG150 HD boxes.

Still laggy and hangs - but not as awful as it was. I'm just glad it's only on my bedroom set.

If I didn't have the DVR - it may be hard to keep it.

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

EGeek-
I had posted screen shots from my DVR earlier in this thread - was only like 2 weeks ago max - and all the versions were older...

ah ok right on. I wish there was a blog page we could go to or something with like a dated changelog, that would be cool.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to egeek84

Premium Member

to egeek84
EGeek-
I had posted screen shots from my DVR earlier in this thread - was only like 2 weeks ago max - and all the versions were older...

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
Wow yeah man, on the old platform I think they updated it what every 2 - 3 YEARS!

There really should be huge incentive to get this out there. Not only for Comcast but they could licence it to other operators. Intel has licencing rights to it so I'm not sure what they are going to do with it. Build cable boxes with it installed? Or maybe it will run on their rumored IPTV service? The one where you supply the pipe, but even if you move, just take your intel box - and IPTV service and its with you wherever you go.

Hmm...

egeek84
Premium Member
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Noticed new code data on the About tab (when comparing to my picture from a week or so ago in this thread):

Release Version - now .OP8

XRE Server now X.01.13 (Build 4114)

STB Version now PX001AN_XC_1.1.1.1.1_PROD_BC_SPCsd

So, it's good to know they're constantly working on the platform itself.

That's the build i'm on as well but how do you know it's new?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt to egeek84

Premium Member

to egeek84
Noticed new code data on the About tab (when comparing to my picture from a week or so ago in this thread):

Release Version - now .OP8

XRE Server now X.01.13 (Build 4114)

STB Version now PX001AN_XC_1.1.1.1.1_PROD_BC_SPCsd

So, it's good to know they're constantly working on the platform itself.

egeek84
Premium Member
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

said by SeattleMatt:

The background picture cycles through a good 8-10 photos. Desert, oceans, flowers, etc - think of the Apple TV screensaver when listening to music (if you have one) - very similar.

I'm telling you - they pulled A LOT of features from the book of Apple.

That's the first thing that came to my mind as well lol. I like though how it tells you the current weather and latest news as well. I am so impressed with this box, it still needs some tweakin but man, does it blow the previous boxes out of the water!

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
if so apple will probably sue comcast for infringing on their patents and we will never see the x1 and be stuck with the archaic iguide forever.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
The background picture cycles through a good 8-10 photos. Desert, oceans, flowers, etc - think of the Apple TV screensaver when listening to music (if you have one) - very similar.

I'm telling you - they pulled A LOT of features from the book of Apple.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
Cool! So the background picture with the road... Does that change too or is it defined by Comcast?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
Click for full size
Dayview
Cypher-
Here's a pic of what it looked like when I first noticed it a few weeks ago. I had posted it on Instagram and my buddy that's a Product Mgr up in Philly for Comcast goes - "hey, that's an awesome shot of Project Dayview". Once the screensaver kicks in (which is set right now for 5 minutes - but you can change the settings), this happens.

I had launched the Pandora app on our living room TV - walked away - came back in a bit later and saw this.

Mini versions of the apps fade in and out in all corners of the screen. As you see, the weather one is on this shot. It'll fade out, a sports score will fade in to another corner, then traffic, news, and so on. It's really cool in my opinion.

However - I haven't really looked, but I'm not sure if there's a way to directly "launch" Dayview...