mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to monstro

MVM

to monstro

Re: How to configure Linksys E3200 for best wireless speed ?

The Key to getting superior performance from the E3200 is to POSITION it properly and to match it with capable wireless clients.

1.. As HIGH up as possible --- if not possible then your performance will suffer
2.. As CENTRAL as possible in your dwelling --- if not possible then your performance will suffer

Make sure that your wireless client used by your "computers" are capable otherwise your performance will suffer on the PC whose wireless client is not capable but compatible.

There is a world of difference between a CAPABLE device and a COMPATIBLE device insofar as wireless --- capable devices are far superior performance wise --- compatible devices are INFERIOR so performance will suffer in the wireless realm.

monstro2
@mercer.ca

monstro2

Anon

My modem, router, Main PC and HTPC are on the same table. Side by side to each other.

Main PC connected thru Ethernet cable.
HTPC connected with Linksys EA2500 dual-band N600 wireless adapter fully compatible with my Linksys E3200 dual-band N300 gigabit router.

Wireless speed status shows full 5 bars !! (300 Mbps).

The problem only with Internet speed !!

Instruction on Linksys are these:
1 - Connect PCs to your router
2 - Enjoy high speed fantastic performance

Having problem with step 2

To be honest, I feel very frustrated because I just don't get it !!
All hardware is as close to each other as it could possible be.
Wireless connection is FULL 5 bars, but I still have this slow wireless Internet speed.
monstro
join:2013-02-19

monstro to mozerd

to mozerd
My modem, router, Main PC and HTPC are on the same table. Side by side to each other.

Main PC connected thru Ethernet cable.
HTPC connected with Linksys EA2500 dual-band N600 wireless adapter fully compatible with my Linksys E3200 dual-band N300 gigabit router.

Wireless speed status shows full 5 bars !! (300 Mbps).

The problem only with Internet speed !!

Instruction on Linksys are these:
1 - Connect PCs to your router

To be honest, I feel very frustrated because I just don't get it !!
All hardware is as close to each other as it could possible be.
Wireless connection is FULL 5 bars, but I still have this slow wireless Internet speed.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to monstro2

MVM

to monstro2
said by monstro2 :

but I still have this slow wireless Internet speed.

What in my original reply to you do you not understand.

Your 1st step is to move the E3200 away from your TABLE and locate that as HIGH UP and as CENTRAL as possible. If that is not convenient you suffer the consequences. The E3200 should not be closer than 10 feet to any of your wireless devices and the HIGHER its placed the better will the performance be -- BUT that's is not the entire picture --- your wireless clients must be capable.

One of the most important steps is to make sure that your Wireless clients ARE CAPABLE [not compatible] with your E3200 otherwise your wireless performance will be mediocre.
monstro

monstro

Not sure if you read my previous post, but I specifically indicated the models of my router and the adapter. They are fully compatible AFAIK. Also, I DONT have any other wireless devices. Just the router and the usb adapter inserted into my HTPC.

I find it VERY hard to believe that the closer the reciever to the router the WORSE the speed is Makes no sense at all.

Besides as I told before I get full 300 Mbps wireless connection speed.

The problem is ONLY with internet speed on wiressly connected HTPC.

If anyone can explain me why I dont get full 50 Mbps internet speed on wiress network 270-300 Mpbs (actual), I will give you a medal !!

What INTERNET speed do you get in your wireless network?
And what is the speed of your ISP ?

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova

said by monstro:

Makes no sense at all.

It's called receiver overload and it's quite sensible.

If anyone can explain me why I dont get full 50 Mbps internet speed on wiress network 270-300 Mpbs (actual), I will give you a medal !!

Your HTPC is too close to the router. PM me for my mailing address.
monstro

monstro

Thanks, I PM-ed you clarknova.