spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anonphoneuse

@comcast.net

is it really congestion based ?

i wonder if this is really congestion based priority in that if there is excess capacity everything goes as fast as the network can handle. at l;east that is what i would consider congestion based throttling/prioritizing.

what i suspect though is that they will be slowing down users based on there usage patterns regardless of current network conditions. if this is the case they should really make the formula they use public so potential customers can make an educated decision on what brand to go with.

i would like them to publicize that so many MB in so much time slows the connection to such a speed since that is how throttling usually works.

rottnpup

join:2000-08-04
Minneapolis, MN

I have been using gosmart for about a month now and I get 1Mb up and 1 Mb down which is just fine for phone good enought for audio and video streaming. The only problem for me is MMS cannot get working and tech support seems useless they just keep closing trouble tickets without fixing the problem. They try to blame on the phone but I have tried three different phones and none seem to work.

ssavoy
Premium
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, PA

Is that on the $35 or $45 plan you achieve 1mbps?

rottnpup

Minneapolis, MN

That is on the $45 plan.

anonphoneuse

@comcast.net
reply to rottnpup

you always needs to manually edit APN's to get working MMS on MVNO's. how you do this depends on your phone, but will never be an automatic thing.

you will never have much luck getting this fixed through a CS agent. best option is do your own research(forums are your friend) or find a small shop thats unlocks and flashes phones to get help with proper APN settings.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Verizon Broadban..
·Clear Wireless
reply to anonphoneuse

said by anonphoneuse :

i wonder if this is really congestion based priority in that if there is excess capacity everything goes as fast as the network can handle. at l;east that is what i would consider congestion based throttling/prioritizing.

The 5 and 10Gb NON-Unlimited plans get priority over the fully unlimited too. But, it's not throttling or anything like they usually use. It's entirely livable and in all honestly, not even noticeable. My wifi hotspot with 10Gb plan can get 20Mb and unlimited nexus 4 may drop to 15Mb down instead.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to anonphoneuse

I'm on an MVNO and I never had to endit my APNs to get MMS working.

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:1

said by TBBroadband:

I'm on an MVNO and I never had to endit my APNs to get MMS working.

Well this is why you're having the issue with your 3 phones. You have to manually edit your mvno.
--
dslreports.com

rottnpup

Minneapolis, MN

You, were answering to the wrong person. I have edited my mvno's on all the phones on one phone it was working in the evening the next day it didn't and the phone was never changed or turned off. GoSmart is having difficulties getting MMS working properly and they have admitted so.

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:1
reply to anonphoneuse