spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Twaddle
@sbcglobal.net

Twaddle

Anon

HO Hum

Still waiting for something called 4G service here in the greater Bay Area as I have been paying for it on three EVO 4Gs for quite some time. I would imagine that this latest is yet another "much ado about nothing" situation. SPRINT will sell a LTE enabled phone and charge for the "functionality" and "rich Data accessibility" yet there will be no way to employ that functionality yet we will have to pay for it "just in case" and just because they can. Fool me once shame on me but I won't be fooled a second time.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76

It happens, I waited for over a year to get LTE after buying a thunderbolt on Verizon for 4G to get to me. Buying a 4G phone before LTE is deployed to your area is a gamble, how close you are to a urban area normally makes your chances better.

I sold my thunderbolt 6 months after LTE because of bad battery life and upgraded, you never know

Ericthorn
It only hurts when I laugh
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
Paragould, AR

Ericthorn to Twaddle

Premium Member

to Twaddle
While I have been victim to that 10$ fee since my first EVO4G almost 3yrs ago (now on the Note II), even with that fee it's still cheaper than VZ or AT&T. I'm willing to wait it out. Sprint will have LTE everywhere eventually. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to Twaddle

Premium Member

to Twaddle
said by Twaddle :

Still waiting for something called 4G service here in the greater Bay Area as I have been paying for it on three EVO 4Gs for quite some time. I would imagine that this latest is yet another "much ado about nothing" situation. SPRINT will sell a LTE enabled phone and charge for the "functionality" and "rich Data accessibility" yet there will be no way to employ that functionality yet we will have to pay for it "just in case" and just because they can. Fool me once shame on me but I won't be fooled a second time.

Why does everyone think that the premium data charge is for 4g? It's for unlimited data on a smartphone! Even 3g only phones pay the extra $10.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg

said by bobjohnson:

Why does everyone think that the premium data charge is for 4g? It's for unlimited data on a smartphone! Even 3g only phones pay the extra $10.

Hmm, because Sprint has only changed the fee's name fee 2 times and so no reason to get yourself in a bunch. Back when Wimax was an itch in Dan's pants, YOU DID pay the extra 10 bucks if you purchased a 4G phone rather you lived in a 4G market or not. Had NOTHING to do with it being a smart phone, it just had to have 4G because that's what the charge was for and they told you up front in the store when you got the phone . I had purchased a NON-4G phone during all the hoopla and didn't pay the extra during the inital deployment of WiMax. However, later, in Jan of 2011, they changed the fee to a "smart phone fee" and EVEN if you already had a smart phone (for me I also had a TREO 700p that I used from time to time because of it's native roaming abilities) and activated it, you got hit with the (what was then) 4G fee now the "smart phone fee". . Gee, with the MAJORITY of the phones they pushed down our throats being "smart phones", no one seen that coming. But anyways, we pay 10 extra for SMART PHONES and 10 extra for the DATA (thanks to the iphone). Before the iPhone hit the shelves, the PD charge didn't exist. That's my experience from it all. The ONLY group who do not pay the PD fee are x-Sprint employees who still have employee accounts/phones .