spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

acanac101

@cybersurf.com

How many have switch from Acanac DSL To Acanac Cable?

I have switched over and result I found out this when i ask fro my deposit of $49.95 back.

This is their respond to the refund request:

"
Your modem was converted to a purchase when this change took place and as such is no longer refundable.

As per the user agreement:

"If your last invoice still states the word deposit we will continue to honer it until your contract renewal date. At that point if you wish to keep the hardware your deposits will automatically be converted into a purchase.

Should a client purchase a modem from Acanac, but decide that they wish to return it must notify us in writing with 10 days of the original purchase
date to qualify for a refund. After 10 days, the modem fee is non-refundable. Equipment that is purchased directly from Acanac has full 1 year warranty, but will not cover physical damage to equipment not consistent with normal wear and tear. As long as your internet services are active with Acanac and the modem was purchased directly from us, we will troubleshoot any equipment troubles and will provide a replacement modem should one be required, free of additional cost. The defective modem must be returned to Acanac Inc within 30 days of receiving the replacement equipment."

The Agreement is available in full at acanac.ca
"

hm

@videotron.ca

said by acanac101 :

I have switched over and result I found out this when i ask fro my deposit of $49.95 back.

This is their respond to the refund request:

"
Your modem was converted to a purchase when this change took place and as such is no longer refundable.

In Quebec they can't do this.
Maybe in Ontario they can.

The Prov you live in will determine what consumer protection laws are applicable to you.

Anyhow, you can also file with the CCTS for a refund that has never been returned, and instead buried in some obscure website, and how you were never properly informed etc..

In Quebec you would be entitled to the deposit + interest on the amount since the day you gave it.

Sometimes Acanac states they work by Ontario law only (as seen in this forum), but that is not the way it works legally, and when providing services in Quebec.