Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to Moropo

Re: Seems you would want to deploy in densely populated areas

In their second phase, they will be adding 1700Mhz LTE, particularly to address this issue. Verizon is good at maintaining a network, and when it comes down to it. I'd trust Verizon to maintain it's network, better than Sprint, whose 3G network is extremely slow, due to overselling it.

Not that I'm advertising for Verizon, I actually use T-mobile and I'm satisfied with it. I just think some Sprint users are getting very excited by press releases, let's wait until they really have it deployed, that's when Sprint will prove itself.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

Interesting, did not know Verizon was going to launch part of there LTE on the 1700mhz band, I wonder if there will be a roaming agreement between them and T mobile. This would be very interesting and possibly help drive roaming competition prices as Currently the only major player TMO can roam of is ATTs GSM network ( also now some of ATT hspa 1900mhz band). pit ATT against Verizon for best roaming agreement package/ coverage and lowest cost and see what happens.

This assumes ATT and Verizon will play ball however.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

Until they are all LTE, it's a no go as their voice networks aren't compatible. GSM based phones run the data and voice over the same radio, so unless they put in an extra radio for roaming, which doesn't make much sense, t-mobile can't roam on Verizon.

Even after Verizon and T-mobile have VoLTE, roaming would only be a possibility if their VoLTE systems are compatible. In other words, it's a real long shot