Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t

Re: A worthwhile investment...

It's a bit relative. Compared to American society, S.Korean society is quite honor-bound still. Compared to Feudal Japan... S.Korean society is very American.

We've lost sight of respect here. We simultaneously demand others earn our respect while insisting we are entitled to a level of respect for simply being us... but not the us that we have been "that would be judgmental and superficial" but the us we choose to be at any given moment... We have social schizophrenia.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

While I do agree that HUMANANITY as a whole has lost a lot of respec and "honor", America is not the problem here. I have traveled all over Europe and a lot of other countries across the world and I can tell you that Americans as a whole are way more helpful, respectful, and generally nicer people then most of the world. People love to just bash Americans as selfish, corrupt, and disrespectful individuals but that is just not the case. Of course we have our issues and lifestyles have changed dramatically over the last hundred years, but in my experiance America IS like Fuedal Japan compared to the vast majority of other countries.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

On a video net cast I sometimes watch, they described japan as the only place friendlier than Texas.

That does make me curious.