uniqs

PlatooN
join:2007-02-13
Kitchener, ON

PlatooN to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: Major CRTC decision next week. - CBB

said by TSI Marc:

Hum. No... We've always had unlimited.. But then in 2007 Bell cancelled all their unlimited packages and forced many heavy users to us.. At that time we did that whole cogent routing thing for unlimited and did peer1 routing with a 200 gig cap.

Heh I remember those days. Though I think at the time it was 100GB for peer1 and unlimited for cogent. I remember r0cky endlessly answering users in here using the analogy of it's a different "onramp" to the internet.

Fun to think that my TSI cap has gone from 100 to 200 to 300 over time, without me ever having to do anything.

LOVE this company

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

You know, it might well have been 100 and 200 came after. Trying to remember why. Oh, I remember.. It's when we started charging a different rate for unlimited... Initially it was all unlimited.. One price... Then you had two option.. Unlimited cogent or 100gig peer1, then it became 200gig and unlimited for $10 more. Ironic that the incumbents chose $10 now that I think of it. It's like full circle!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to PlatooN

Premium Member

to PlatooN
said by PlatooN:

Fun to think that my TSI cap has gone from 100 to 200 to 300 over time, without me ever having to do anything.

LOVE this company

And Bell's caps have gone down (as higher tiers have come in to play)
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

ya bells caps are a joke, and should be rated in ETA at max speed until usage cap reached ie 1-hr 1hr 20 mins 55mins etc.. P:)
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman

said by morisato:

ya bells caps are a joke, and should be rated in ETA at max speed until usage cap reached ie 1-hr 1hr 20 mins 55mins etc.. P:)

What do you expect from regulations that allow advertising of data at 5cents per kilobyte instead of 50,000$ per gigabyte :P