kudos:1

tracking medication bottles

Sith HMP
I Did What?
Premium
join:2004-04-25
Bloomington, IL
I guess I was naive to the fact as to where the medication comes from. I was always under the impression that it came from people with legit prescriptions selling their meds. I guess in hind site that wouldn't stand a chance in keeping up with the demand. I guess there probably aren't enough legit prescription holders that sell their meds. They have to come from somewhere else. Silly me.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to AVD
That's ok. I put my pills in a Faraday Cage
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
reply to AVD
After reading the article, I don't believe that individual prescription bottles are GPS-ed. I think the big bottles in the back are being stocked with big bottles of fake Oxycontin etc with GPS on them.

That I guess I can deal with. But it's just one step closer to them tracking you by your meds. Sheesh!!!!!

But just wait until someone mixes up the bottles and fills prescriptions with the fake stuff.
--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to AVD
Of course, no crook reading the article would think of switching bottles or giving them a session in the microwave.

But then, there's no underestimating the stupidity of some criminals.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Sith HMP
said by Sith HMP:

I guess I was naive to the fact as to where the medication comes from. I was always under the impression that it came from people with legit prescriptions selling their meds. I guess in hind site that wouldn't stand a chance in keeping up with the demand. I guess there probably aren't enough legit prescription holders that sell their meds. They have to come from somewhere else. Silly me.

I think what's going on is that there's a big black market in selling drugs to folks who don't have scrips, and which are normally legitimately prescribed to folks who do. This is usually for the "kick" that these provide to those who become addicted - pain killers, etc. So with that demand, a cottage industry has arisen of forgers who write fake scrips, thieves who steal the drugs from pharmacies, brokers who "warehouse" stolen drugs, and pushers who sell them on the street. This is what usually constitutes "prescription drug abuse".
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville