spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hchen42

join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

[Praise] Staples printer cartridge recycling ($2)

Too many rants here, and I think it's time to add more praises.

I've just brought 9 used printer cartridges to Staples. Staples gives $2/cartridge. You need to join their reward program and the credit is often issue a month later. I am grateful they offer a recycling service and give incentive.

In addition, the $2/cartridge credit is treated as a "coupon". You don't need to pay tax on that $2 portion.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

They should just give you cash instead of making you join yet another program.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to hchen42

They do better than that. Sometimes they give $4 reward per cartridge, and a month or 2 ago they gave $6/cartridge. So I turned in 10 of them and got $60 in credits (which I use regularly).

Don't settle for the $2. Be patient and you'll get more.
--
here comes leadership

hchen42

join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

Yup, I know about the $4, didn't realize the $6. Thanks. Unfortunately Staples have a 10 cartridges/month limit. You can return more, but you only get credit on the first 10. Unless, of course, you are in the premium level, then I think there's no limit. I often ask my colleagues to give me their empty ones. So I consistently maxed out every month.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

For the $6 deal the limit was 5 per customer. Fortunately I have a business account and a personal account with them so I could turn in 10 on the same trip to the store.
--
here comes leadership

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing

1 recommendation

reply to fatness

said by fatness:

They do better than that. Sometimes they give $4 reward per cartridge, and a month or 2 ago they gave $6/cartridge. So I turned in 10 of them and got $60 in credits (which I use regularly).

They're running the $6/cartridge reward thing now.