share rss forum feed

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

Gun stores have ads?

I must admit I have never seen a gun shop or gun company ad on TV. I have seen guns advertised in magazines, but never on TV.

Though I guess Dirty Harry could be seen as one big ad for the .44 magnum. And it did in fact increase sales of the weapon.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx
Exactly. This is an easy PR stance for Comcast to take. Half of TV content is one big placement promo festival for maintaining gun consumerism culture and that is where the value lays for the industry, including retailers.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

I must admit I have never seen a gun shop or gun company ad on TV. I have seen guns advertised in magazines, but never on TV.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any ads on TV for guns or gun stores. But I live in NJ where guns are heavily discouraged by state and local government.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Kearnstd
There's a gun store, gun instruction, and firing range called Top Gun in my neck of the woods that advertises on radio and TV here. The parking lot is always full and it's always crawling with customers. Their ads show guns hanging on a wall and people using them on the range, shooting at targets. I can't imagine a gun shop showing someone pointing a gun at another person. People that are into guns would immediately dismiss an ad like that as being done by idiots.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by Kearnstd:

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any ads on TV for guns or gun stores. But I live in NJ where guns are heavily discouraged by state and local government.

I'm pretty sure I've seen ads for Ray's Sports Shop on TV here.