IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Mail delivery question

My grandma has curbside delivery for US Mail but she has physical limitations that prevent her from going to the curb to retrieve her mail so I'd like to know the procedure to get her mail delivered to a house box mounted by the side door. I know the postal service has to make accommodations for people with physical limitations but you ask at the post office they give you the run around. She lives in a suburban setting so it would not be an undue burden for the mailman to deliver to the house. The curbside mailbox is about 40 feet from the door.

Zorack
join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV

Zorack

You need to contact her Postmaster and she will have to get her Doctor's evaluation as to her limitation in order for her to have her mailbox moved from curbside to on her house.There is no way around for this to be done(Since I am a letter carrier,and have those with special needs request movement of the mail box to their house). Note that if she moves for any reason that mailbox has to go back to the curbside effective when she moves.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned) to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
happen to this lady look at this video..

»sacramento.cbslocal.com/ ··· mailbox/
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by USPS :
Hardship/Medical Problems

"Hardship or Medical Problems" is defined as an illness or handicap which would present a physical challenge for an individual to retrieve mail.

To request door delivery, you need to write a letter requesting this change and attach a statement from a Doctor. The Doctor's statement should indicate you are unable to collect your mail from a curb or centralized mailbox. Both your letter and the Doctor's statement must be sent to the Post Office that delivers your mail for approval or denial. Final determination on whether or not door delivery will be granted will be made by the Post Office.

Request letters should be addressed:

POSTMASTER
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
CITY, STATE ZIP CODE

Note: Any approval will be temporary (further information can be obtained from the local Post Office)
»faq.usps.com/eCustomer/i ··· s0916%5D
Expand your moderator at work

Zorack
join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV

Zorack to Bob4

to Bob4

Re: Mail delivery question

I have already answered that,Bob no need to repeat my answer to that.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

1 recommendation

Dennis to IowaCowboy

Mod

to IowaCowboy
I'm sure we can all get along here guys.