Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed

Re: Why the general teen should not get a sports car...

I think everybody has to be rather careful with a sports car. I can handle sporty driving in my normal car. But I would not plow an M series into the twisty roads full bore without getting to know it better.

I mean I have watched The Stig have to fight some of these cars around corners, And he is an experienced performance driver.

I think one thing that surprises people who get into their first true high powered car, Is that the power can sneak up on them. I bet if you took your typical commuter no matter how many years behind the wheel and put them into say a Dodge Viper SRT-10. They would risk wiping it out the first time they tried to overtake a semi on the turnpike if they floored it like they do their Honda.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

said by Kearnstd:

I bet if you took your typical commuter no matter how many years behind the wheel and put them into say a Dodge Viper SRT-10. They would risk wiping it out the first time they tried to overtake a semi on the turnpike if they floored it like they do their Honda.

Not if you get one that has traction control and leave it on.

Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG would be nice.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Kearnstd

to Kearnstd
Reminds me of this story: »www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 2280493/

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Or this one: »www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo ··· air-bill

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939 to TheTechGuru

Premium Member

to TheTechGuru
I regularly disable the TCS in my car because it's invasive (especially during inclement weather), and I think your a better driver if you can drive without it. My current car is the first car I've had that has a TCS.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

said by sk1939:

I regularly disable the TCS in my car because it's invasive (especially during inclement weather), and I think your a better driver if you can drive without it. My current car is the first car I've had that has a TCS.

I once saw someone get stuck in a automatic car wash because they didn't know how to turn their traction control off.