share rss forum feed

Gem
Premium
join:2005-09-10
kudos:4
Reviews:
·CableOne

[XPPro] How to get installable MSFT programs for offline compute

We have two computers here that need MSFT programs to run other programs. Both of those programs are permanently offline - mostly for security reasons.

In the past I've been able to download executable files of the needed MSFT supplemental programs like updated installers and the various .net Framework programs that are needed to install and run other software for the two offline computers.

Recently it seems everything I need from MSFT is not a real download. It's merely a web installer to run on only the online computer whatever it is we need from MSFT. The problem is that process doesn't get the need programs onto our offline computers.

For example, to install Seagate's SeaTools for Windows we need a newer version of windows installer than is on our XP Pro SP3 computer. To install Seagate's Drive Tools for DOS, we need to burn an ISO to a bootable CD, but the CD burning program we'd use, CDBurnerXP, needs a different version of .net, which is not downloadable, just web installable.

Anyway, is there a place to get the full offline installable version of such needed MSFT software?

If so, would you post a link to that website?

FWIW, all our Windows installs are legit. That's not the problem.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

Re: [XPPro] How to get installable MSFT programs for offline com

Can you give a specific example of something you're looking for?
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA
reply to Gem

Oh wait, google knows

»www.instantfundas.com/2012/05/ho···for.html

Or directly from Microsoft (you'll need to use IE from a machine on the web to fetch from here...)

»support.microsoft.com/kb/323166
--

Gem
Premium
join:2005-09-10
kudos:4
Reviews:
·CableOne

3 edits

said by JohnInSJ:

directly from Microsoft (you'll need to use IE from a machine on the web to fetch from here...)

»support.microsoft.com/kb/323166

Thanks, I will try the MSFT link with IE.

EDIT:

Went to that MSFT download site and searched for .net Framework 3.5. The site offered only the 2.7MB "web installer" rather than the "Full" stand alone version. The web installer versions require that computer upon which the program is installed be connected to the Internet. Aee:

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/download···px?id=21

Next got an old Full version of .net 2.0 from a non-microsoft website, but when attempting to install that version of .net 2.0, it would not complete the install process. It still wanted an Internet connection to do so.

dharel1705

join:2009-06-09
Merrick, NY
reply to Gem

Perhaps you can look into a Tech Net subscription. I believe MS still offers one (Professional) where you can get physical media that contains the type of installers you are looking for.

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA
reply to Gem

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/download···px?id=65

.net 3.5 redistributable. 33mb
--