uniqs
share rss forum feed

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA

[Cam] Upgrade to Nikon D7000

Has anyone run across any talk about a follow-on to the D7000? Maybe a D7100 or a D8000? It's not so much that I'm interested in an upgrade as it is that I'm wondering if there's likely to be a further price drop on the D7000 any time soon. (Seems every time I order anything -- camera, smartphone, computer hardware -- the price always drops dramatically within the month. )
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

Funny you mention a D7100

»www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.···seen#new

Yes, the D7100 outed on Canon Rumours.

jvmorris
Premium,MVM
Reston, VA

Hmmm, and a total of 1 post by the author, who apparently only joined the forum today.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to jvmorris

Just about every year around late April or early May Nikon has special deals on selected models and flash units. If you're not in a hurry you could save $50 or $100 by waiting a couple months.

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
kudos:1
reply to jvmorris

»imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d7···mple.htm

mromero
Premium
The O.C.

»imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d7···ndex.htm

mromero
Premium
The O.C.

this should cover all the tech specs
»www.dpreview.com/news/2013/02/21···s-filter

jvmorris
Premium,MVM
Reston, VA

Well, if I managed to ask the right question at the right time, I guess this means that was my one in a million, no chance of winning the lottery now!

The dpreview article must have appeared right after the last time I went there searching for anything, there was nothing on Nikonians either. But now, it seems to be breaking out all over.
»www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/New-I···56039568 .
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to jvmorris

That person that had the info was probably signing up to all the different rumour sites.

jvmorris
Premium,MVM
Reston, VA

After a great deal of agonizing over it all, I finally decided to stick with the D7000 for now. There's a lot of accessory gear that I'd want to get with it and the current $300 price differential between the D7000 and the D7100 only partially offsets that, which is hardly to say that the additional functionality of the D7100 is trivial!

What this mean, of course, (considering it's me we're talking about) is that B&H will probably further discount the D7000 this weekend.

Gonna feel kinda strange putting the D70 aside after all these years. Still, will probably hold on to the D70 as a second/backup body. I'm not quite ready yet to put it on the shelf with the 8080 and the N90.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Hey I basically have the same cameras. Have sitting on a shelf, my N75. 8008, D70 still gets some use, but D7000 been the workhorse for me.

jvmorris
Premium,MVM
Reston, VA

I gotta admit, I do pull the 8080 and N90 down every now and then, pop in some batteries and check them out.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Same here I even loaded film in them and then realized " Im going to have to pay to get this roll developed"

jvmorris
Premium,MVM
Reston, VA

. .
There's that, too.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris