dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

shoobedevil

Anon

Queens, NY - NHL Center Ice HD

Hi I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR and I am unable to receive any HD channels for NHL Center Ice. On my Samsung SMT-H3260 non-dvr cable box I am able to receive these same channels in HD. I hooked up the Samsung box to the same wiring and the Samsung works so I know its the SA box. Time Warner told me to swap it out and I did and they gave me another SA box and promised me that it would work....no dice! Same issue. Anyone else have this issue? They told me they would send a technician to my apt, for what I don't know but they are. They can only test this at night when a game is on. I really need a Samsung DVR box...they say the software versions are the same. Let me know what you think.
Thanks

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

The HD Center Ice channels are encoded in MPEG 4, that can only be received by the more recent Cisco and Samsung boxes. You need to swap it.

Hob

shoobedevil

Anon

great info, thanks...i attempted to swap it out 2 days ago and they told me they only had SA DVR boxes at the Queens Center Mall TWC store....where else can I go and get a newer box?
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

Interesting!

Last year or so when TWC did an NHL Center Ice preview, I WAS able to see the preview on my SA-8300HDC, so I don't know if something may have changed with regards to the signal transmission from the station.

Satch

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Satch:

Interesting!

Last year or so when TWC did an NHL Center Ice preview, I WAS able to see the preview on my SA-8300HDC, so I don't know if something may have changed with regards to the signal transmission from the station.

Satch

only the areas that have all 9 of the GAME HD channels are affected by the MPEG4 transmission of the NHL Center Ice/MLB Extra Innnigs. All areas with "only" GAME1 HD and GAME2 HD are using MPEG2 which all boxes can tune
Satch

Satch

said by motorola870:

said by Satch:

Interesting!

Satch

only the areas that have all 9 of the GAME HD channels are affected by the MPEG4 transmission of the NHL Center Ice/MLB Extra Innnigs. All areas with "only" GAME1 HD and GAME2 HD are using MPEG2 which all boxes can tune

Thanks! We only have Game 1 HD and Game 2 HD. Can the local office decide whether or not to add the additional Game X HD channels based on the number of newer HD boxes they have? Maybe they can strategically choose to only show Game 1 and Game 2 HD feeds so more customers can see the games.

In Milwaukee, it's harder to get the newer boxes, and when they have them they say, "We'd like to help, but you need to be a Whole Home or Signature Home Sub to get them." I was told on our local forum this information by several customers.

Satch

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Satch:

said by motorola870:

said by Satch:

Interesting!

Satch

Thanks! We only have Game 1 HD and Game 2 HD. Can the local office decide whether or not to add the additional Game X HD channels based on the number of newer HD boxes they have? Maybe they can strategically choose to only show Game 1 and Game 2 HD feeds so more customers can see the games.

In Milwaukee, it's harder to get the newer boxes, and when they have them they say, "We'd like to help, but you need to be a Whole Home or Signature Home Sub to get them." I was told on our local forum this information by several customers.

Satch

well they have to give customers with the 3D pass a newer box as they are the only ones that can tune MPEG4 channels such as ESPN3D which is MPEG4 where carried on TWC

My TWC area only carries GAME1 HD and GAME2 HD as well but TWC only uses Motorola boxes here and they have been issuing MPEG4 capable DCX3200, DCX3200m, DCX3400, DCX3400M, and DCX3510 boxes here since 2009.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
"only the areas that have all 9 of the GAME HD channels are affected by the MPEG4 transmission of the NHL Center Ice/MLB Extra Innnigs. All areas with "only" GAME1 HD and GAME2 HD are using MPEG2 which all boxes can tune"

Good point!

Hob

shoobedevil to motorola870

Anon

to motorola870
Yes I get both games on HD1 and HD2 but all the other channels I do not get but get them all on the Samsung box. How can I get a new box?
Satch

Satch

said by shoobedevil :

Yes I get both games on HD1 and HD2 but all the other channels I do not get but get them all on the Samsung box. How can I get a new box?

I thought all the Samsungs had the MPEG 4 transmission capability? Hob, is that true? I would think the Samsungs should be able to get all the League Pass Channels?

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

isnt he saying he GETS them on the Samsung?

Hob
Satch

Satch

said by hobgoblin:

isnt he saying he GETS them on the Samsung?

Hob

I was confused by his statement. Shooboedevil, what specific channels or packages are you not getting on your existing box?

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

He cant get the MPEG 4 channels on his 8300.
He can on the Samsung.
I answered this days ago.

Hob
itch
join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY

itch to shoobedevil

to shoobedevil
I have Insight Cable in Louisville, KY. We are owned by TWC and we do not have NHL Center Ice. Why not hobgoblin?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by itch:

I have Insight Cable in Louisville, KY. We are owned by TWC and we do not have NHL Center Ice. Why not hobgoblin?

I really have no idea. Its a pretty standard add on package in every area I know. When Adelphia was taken over in my area it took a long while before our channels and packages reflected mainstream TW channel line ups due to contracts etc. I am sure it will come.

Hob

shoobedevil

Anon

hey sorry been away...
on my Samsung non-dvr box i get all nhl center ice channels in HD
on my SA 8300 only two channels come in on HD the rest I get a retry message.....
going this weekend to swap out my SA box and I hope to get either a Samsung or Cisco DVR box....stay tuned!
shoobedevil

shoobedevil to shoobedevil

Anon

to shoobedevil
Update:
I got a Samsung DVR box and now I receive all NHL Center Ice channels in HD.
Thank you all for your help in diagnosing this issue.
Later