spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

opp

@mindspring.com

[TV] Rate Increase

Digital going up $4 movie pass $1, I may have to drop cable soon.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by opp :

Digital going up $4 movie pass $1, I may have to drop cable soon.

Aren't you glad you aren't under contract and have the option to cancel?

opp

@bhn.net
reply to opp

Well no since if it was under contract they could not raise till contract was over, that's what contracts are for. Hopper or Genie probably Prism for me soon.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL

Actually, your price can change when you are under contract with DirecTV or Dish. I'm not sure why you think otherwise?

RateInc

@bhn.net
reply to opp

said by opp :

Well no since if it was under contract they could not raise till contract was over, that's what contracts are for. Hopper or Genie probably Prism for me soon.

True True

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to gigahurtz

yeah, usually they put you in a 2 year contract, but only lock the rate for the first year.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

Um we have no contracts and any promotional offers we have will be two years or in the case of special cases one year....even then you don't step to retail rate but only a portion thereof and if something better pops up in many cases you can take advantage of it....but to be clear....there are no contracts.

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

Oh, I was talking about Direct TV and Dish that do the 2 year contracts with only 1 year of a locked price. I know BHN doesn't do that stuff.

opp

@mindspring.com

Locked for both years now, Direct at least haven't looked that far at Dish yet.

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to opp

Wait for your first bill, then call and threaten to cancel because you can't afford it. Usually, they can put you on a promotional plan.

I'm still waiting for BHNTechXpert to put me on a Lightning plan for the modem headaches!LOL

Swindle
Shattered Dreams

join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to opp

Hmmm, after the addition to modems then the price increase a month later ... Seems like quick money grabs month by month, I'll have to check my next bill and I'll go from there.
--
B-Movie DVDs