spc
uniqs
Desi501
join:2013-02-18
Boynton Beach, FL

Desi501 to Optimus2357

to Optimus2357

Re: [Help Me] Need help opening ports on DIR-632

It doesn't have a support site. It's just a Chinese generic import that a company sells online. The last time I set it up, the tech guru from the site I bought it from accessed my computer by remote and set things up. When I moved the system from my business to my home, I simply hooked up the router and it still worked even though the ISP went from DSL to cable. Since it was a wireless G system, I wanted to upgrade my network to wireless N and here I am. I'm seriously thinking of just going out and buying a Linksys so I can just copy the settings from the old one. Someone else told me that D-Links are a real pain to set up porting.

Could it have something to do with the routing IP setuo in the DVR?

I attempted to rig up something to the modem but if I do that, none of my computers have internet access any more to test it. I also think that opens up a can of worms with all the static IP configuration in the DVR I expect I would have to change to make it work that way.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

Its not the router that is making it hard to be honest, but the DVR. See if you change the port on the DVR first, before the forward and firewall exception, it just reverts to the old port.

So first, I would suggest a Factory reset so we are back to default. No possible conflicts.

Second, set the DVR to DHCP and let it sit a couple minuets until you have a IP, then set that IP as static. Then go into the router and set a DHCP reservation for that IP.

Third, set up 3 "Application Rules" for 80,67, and 46868(Tigger and firewall being the same, type Both, and be sure to check off the check box). 46868 is in the private range so won't be used by anything else, and not one likly to be scanned by trojans and backdoors.

Next, Set up 3 port forwarding rules for 80,67 and 46868 to the x.x.x.x you have the DVR DHCP reservation set up for. (Both TCP and UDP, be sure to check the check box)

Now, go into the DVR and change port 68 to 46868. Make sure it keeps, even after a reboot. Then make sure you can access it from local 192 IP. Also, on that same local computer, go to »www.whatismyip.com/ and check your WAN IP. Then try to access that IP either straight x.x.x.x or x.x.x.x:80.

If that doesn't work, I give up.
Desi501
join:2013-02-18
Boynton Beach, FL

Desi501

Well, I followed your instructions in detail. The biggest problem is that the router will not allow both port forwarding and application rules. I keep getting a conflict error code so i tried both, one at a time, no luck at all. I can still get local if I edit the port number on the logon window but nothing from outside. All the resets I did triggered a new incoming IP but I caught that.
I don't know if it's the answer but I'm really getting fed up with this router. In addition to these issues, it keeps losing synch and I have to keep rebooting to get logged in again. I'm thinking I might go router shopping again and get a better one.
I don't want to have to replace the DVR just for this but I may end up having to.