uniqs
share rss forum feed

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
kudos:1

New FCC Regulations for Cellular Amplification Devices

The FCC released their long awaited new rules for Cellular amplifiers . Here they are.

»wireless.fcc.gov/signal-boosters/index.html

Things are going to get fun !!!
--
»www.maximumsignal.net/

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
phooey. So, if you do get "permission" what does that get you or not? Do you get a special sticker from the carrier to put on it? Unless you are doing some big interference, how are they going to know?

Oh well, I guess they didn't have anything better to do lately.

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY
If your your unit is performing well and not interfering with any local networks . And no one comes knocking on your door , you can gamble and just continue as you are . Who knows how they are going to handle enforcement . They have a year to figure that out . The enforcement really does not start till March 1 2014 from what I have read.
Look under Manufacturers and you will see all the features the FCC expects to be built in to every amplifier . Rumor is they are releasing exact numbers to the manufacturers on March 1 . This has been brewing since November 2009 when they formed the committee to study all the issues with cellular amplifier . There are a lot of bad ones out there that totally screwed up networks and harm cellular other users . They then invited public comments for over 2 years . The bigger cellular amplifier companies spent millions of dollars on Lawyers and lobbyists to try and limit how far these new rules would go .
Ultimately the carriers really had the final input as they pay the government billions and billions of dollars at auction to use the specific frequencies and asked for a lot more control over said frequencies.
There is a lot of bad products out there , like all the offshore stuff people buy and Ebay and other sources . Ultimately the fail safes that are going to required in new amplifier will eliminate bad installations and such as the units are supposed to now shut themselves down when causing any problems to the frequencies
--
»www.maximumsignal.net/

cbobby

join:2009-06-14
New Windsor, MD
reply to Max Signal
Questions

How will anyone know whether or not an Amp is in use at a particular location .....or if it's even turned on.

How would the user of the Amp even know about this New FCC Reg, unless the user spent time on BB boards or read about it somewhere in some wireless publication or website.

The only other way would be to require the Seller of the Amp to notify the FCC...? Could you, MaxSignal, be required to file with the FCC any sale you make. Will you have to be licenced by the FCC to sell Amps? Would you have to retroactively inform the FCC of previously sold Amps. And then the FCC could send a letter to the Owner of the Amp inquiring about the Registration Status of the Amp.

I don't understand how this will work.

(sarc on)
Will I need to have a Background Check to buy an Amp. Will the FCC have drones equipped to snoop out Amplification. Will the DSLReports WebMaster be required to turn over Posts in which the Posters have listed the equipment the own, to the FCC or to the Wireless Carriers? (sarc off)

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY
said by cbobby:

Questions

How will anyone know whether or not an Amp is in use at a particular location .....or if it's even turned on.

If a an amplifier is interfering with a network - they can find you

How would the user of the Amp even know about this New FCC Reg, unless the user spent time on BB boards or read about it somewhere in some wireless publication or website.

All amplifiers approved after February 20 require new label

The only other way would be to require the Seller of the Amp to notify the FCC...?

No not for end user ones , Unless it is a commercial product

Could you, MaxSignal, be required to file with the FCC any sale you make. Will you have to be licenced by the FCC to sell Amps?

No , but my product must be licensed.

Would you have to retroactively inform the FCC of previously sold Amps.

No

And then the FCC could send a letter to the Owner of the Amp inquiring about the Registration Status of the Amp.

No , the only way they will track you down is if you have a bad amplifier

I don't understand how this will work.

(sarc on)
Will I need to have a Background Check to buy an Amp. Will the FCC have drones equipped to snoop out Amplification. Will the DSLReports WebMaster be required to turn over Posts in which the Posters have listed the equipment the own, to the FCC or to the Wireless Carriers? (sarc off)

cbobby

join:2009-06-14
New Windsor, MD
Thanks Max

slightly OT but in a way not, considering this FCC ruling....

if you want to get creeped out about "Regulations" take a listen to this NPR broadcast from tonite which I listened to on the way home:

"The chances of a reactor ever needing a filter are so small that you can't justify the cost. But the NRC staff concluded that the consequences of no-filter could be so bad, they should be required anyway.
There is plenty of money at stake.

"External filter vents would be an additional approximately $15-20 million per unit," said David Czufin, an engineer who runs the Dresden plant for Exelon.

Exelon has 10 more of these reactors, so filters could cost the company more than $200 million -- on top of many other precautions, he said.

"Additional connections, additional equipment, stored equipment for readiness..."

»www.marketplace.org/topics/susta···possible

WebMaster: you can nuke this post if it is deemed WayToo Off Topic

Cheers

bcltoys

join:2008-07-21
Lost today
reply to Max Signal
I have so many amp's and antennas that they will lock me up a throw away the key when they come to get my crap. Max is this new fcc crap what's holding up the new amp's you plan to sell,our no good for nothing kick the can down the road government has once again cow toweled to these money hungry carrier's so the can bend us over and throw it to us without grease.Rant over.

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY
said by bcltoys:

I have so many amp's and antennas that they will lock me up a throw away the key when they come to get my crap. Max is this new fcc crap what's holding up the new amp's you plan to sell,our no good for nothing kick the can down the road government has once again cow toweled to these money hungry carrier's so the can bend us over and throw it to us without grease.Rant over.

Our approvals were holding us up . They did not want to approve anything with any real power till the new standards were set . Hopefully it gets done soon now.
--
»www.maximumsignal.net/