dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
cifuddh
join:2013-02-16

cifuddh

Re: problem setting up access point

OK so after many frustrating days trying to figure this out I decided to plug my old actiontec router rev D. I followed all the steps same as before and my access point works perfectly.

I guess this narrows it down to 3 possibilities

1. My rev I is somehow defective.
2. There is some setting in the rev I that is not on the rev D which needs to be adjusted
3. User error: my dumb ass missed something. But to be quite honest setting up an access point should be a piece of cake. I have also spent many hours trying to figure out the problem so I don't think I missed anything.

/Shrug

Unless there is some revelation I'm just putting this access point up on the third floor and buying myself another N router, so I can set that up as another access point so I can take advantage of N speeds down on the first floor.

Anyone chime in on what I may have missed?

Bozo
@verizon.net

Bozo

Anon

I worked with Belkin support on this router for two months after returning the first one and they never could get port forwarding to work on it. I finally ask them to return my money. Which they did after I produced the receipt for it. I went out and bought a Netgear which I had configured in 30 minutes. I believe their staff is under qualified.