kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to 34764170

Re: Duhhhh

said by 34764170:

said by elray:

The prices don't "keep going up", and data caps are non-existent or not enforced.

Our rates today are less than half what they were at the turn of the century, for 60x the speed.

You're so clueless it is ridiculous.

Not so much clueless, but an unabashed industry mouthpiece, he works for AT&T or one of the CableCos...

(edit: wrong guy about cord cutter bit)

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by El Quintron:

Not so much clueless, but an unabashed industry mouthpiece, he works for AT&T or one of the CableCos...

(edit: wrong guy about cord cutter bit)

Hard to tell who is a corporate shill and who is just plain clueless but it is the same handful of people that post pretty much all nonsense around here, especially about certain topics (.e.g. Google, cable, caps, FTTH, wireless, etc.) and the clueless actually believe the stuff they spew.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to El Quintron

said by El Quintron:

I am but a consumer of industry product, but unlike 90% of the partisans here, I give credit where and when it is due, even to terrible companies like AT&T.

My opposition to the daily shrill cries for "more, faster, cheaper", are philosophical - not in support of industry, but in opposition to collectivist action and government oppression through unlawful takings, taxation and monopoly power.

I'm not against cooperatives and local tax districts used for last-mile and middle-mile efforts, so long as they're approved by a supermajority vote of the taxpayers. But we get into trouble when we invite the likes of City Hall to run the show.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by elray:

I am but a consumer of industry product, but unlike 90% of the partisans here, I give credit where and when it is due, even to terrible companies like AT&T.

My opposition to the daily shrill cries for "more, faster, cheaper", are philosophical - not in support of industry, but in opposition to collectivist action and government oppression through unlawful takings, taxation and monopoly power.

I'm not against cooperatives and local tax districts used for last-mile and middle-mile efforts, so long as they're approved by a supermajority vote of the taxpayers. But we get into trouble when we invite the likes of City Hall to run the show.

Sorry buddy I didn't get anything out of that except for some incumbent provider noise... must be something wrong with my monitor.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have