spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

danielrose01

join:2013-02-20
Beachwood, OH

How to connect Dock-N-Talk and drop the line-land part.

When we had U-verse install, they "looped-back" the phone connection. What does that mean and how does it work. The reason for this question, is that I would like to drop my line-line phone part of U-verse and replace it with a device like Dock-N-Talk. I do not know how doing this will work. At what point in the circuit (circuit diagram?) do I have to insert this device.

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
Dock n Talk uses only the cellphone's cdma or gsm connection for calls, so if you're using that setup and getting rid of the land line service the Uverse wiring is a moot point.
Any other free voip solution would just use your Internet connection, so again the phone connection at the Uverse modem is not of a concern.
If you have Uverse Voice right now, the phone service comes in the home through your data connection (usually the green bordered rj11 jack on the Uverse modem). The Uverse modem has an analog telephone adapter that "pushes" the analog dial tone out of the rj11 jack labeled lines 1and 2. From there it sends that analog signal on its own separate pair to your NID, at which point every customer's NID has its own nuances where it feeds back to your inside jacks.

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to danielrose01
If you currently have Uverse Voice your Dock and Talk setup is probably as simple as disconnecting the pair that plugs into the jack labeled lines 1 and 2 at the Uverse modem and plugging that into the Dock n Talk base station.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
said by Forosnai:

If you currently have Uverse Voice your Dock and Talk setup is probably as simple as disconnecting the pair that plugs into the jack labeled lines 1 and 2 at the Uverse modem and plugging that into the Dock n Talk base station.

Yes but if it's a bluetooth device it might not be the most ideal location.

You can unplug the Line1/Line2 cable and then plug in the device at any phone jack that previously had the U-Verse voice.

Even AT&T's own service is cheaper than U-Verse voice, you can add to a wireless plan a home phone for $10 a month!
--
PRescott7-2097