spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Intheb0x

@rr.com

[TWC] Looking for the best HD box / DVR Milwaukee, wi market

Just got TWC installed, got 2 boxes, he had 4 with, I picked the two newest, all were Samsung boxes, they are currently set h3260. Not bad but only display in 1080i not the 1080p our tvs put out. A year and a half ago I had a Cisco hd box which was fast and great.
These boxes are sub par, would I just be able to take them back and swap for that reason and just ask for cisco brand?
What's the best box in this market right now?
Maybe a list of 3-4 would be amazing!
Thanks everyone!

Satch

join:2009-11-25

Re: [TWC] Looking for the best HD box / DVR Milwaukee, wi marke

said by Intheb0x :

Just got TWC installed, got 2 boxes, he had 4 with, I picked the two newest, all were Samsung boxes, they are currently set h3260. Not bad but only display in 1080i not the 1080p our tvs put out. A year and a half ago I had a Cisco hd box which was fast and great.
These boxes are sub par, would I just be able to take them back and swap for that reason and just ask for cisco brand?
Thanks everyone!

I would like to know this too IntheBox!

I am in the Milwaukee area and it is hard to get the newer boxes. My SA-8300HDC runs "ok." But for the DVR's they often say, that they can only give out the newest DVR's (Cisco and Samsung) to Whole Home Subs. You might still be able to get them if you get a tech that has one on his truck. If you do, he has to put some sort of fliter-trap on the line to disable the multi-room option, unless you subscribe to it.

Cisco's are faster than the Samsungs. For the DVR there is the Cisco 8642 and the 8742. I am not sure about the non-DVR models for the Cisco. Try to get a Cisco non-DVR box if the Samsungs are too slow. Yes, ask for a Cisco.

Satch

Intheb0x

@rr.com
reply to Intheb0x

So it seems these boxes are the ones to have.. Samsung SMT-H3362, and Cisco 4642HDC or 4742HDC ..
Any comments on those or ones that are better that are availablein this area?

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Intheb0x :

So it seems these boxes are the ones to have.. Samsung SMT-H3362, and Cisco 4642HDC or 4742HDC ..
Any comments on those or ones that are better that are availablein this area?

well those are all HD only boxes none of the listed ones are DVRs. the boxes that are DVRs the newest are Samsung 3272, Cisco 8640HDC/8642HDC, 8742HDC.

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
reply to Intheb0x

said by Intheb0x :

Thanks everyone!

All signals from network providers are 720p, 1080i, or lower.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

Here is the list of boxes avalible in Milwaukee. (No Motorola here.)

Go to "All Digital Boxes FAQ":

»www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid···le-boxes

You want either the Cisco 4640HDC or the Cisco 4642HDC if you are a TWC non-DVR subscriber.

Satch