spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cris

@cox.net

[CA] Cox HSI San Diego gets Netflix SuperHD

I just fired up the ol' PS3 and saw the quality go from 720p to 1080p to Super HD 1080p. It looks great! quality is def noticeable... closer to blu-ray. I love it! I'm in Central San Diego near SDSU, running Premier 32 mbps on an SB6180.

I checked on the netflix website & confirmed my ISP is ready for Super HD.

Anonguy

@cox.net

Yup,

»[CT] Netflix SuperHD?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to Cris

I've been able to use it for the past 2 weeks over near ucsd hospital.. Noticeable upgrade!

chrisf8657

join:2002-01-27
Glendale, AZ
reply to Cris

Works here in Phoenix now too, just checked.

jt25741

join:2008-12-21
Aliso Viejo, CA
reply to Cris

What does this do regarding bandwidth quota? Does it count against it...or because it is cached local in cox, do they not count it?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4

Mine counts against it. It uses considerably more data on my tivo than before. But, they did just increase my cap from 250 to 300 Gb.

jt25741

join:2008-12-21
Aliso Viejo, CA

Thanks djdanska,

I'd bet then this is why they increased bandwidth.... but if one uses this service much, I do not think it will compensate entirely. The goal of Cox (Id bet) then would be to push people to higher tiers and make the combined multi-vendor service more expensive for us. I do not think it should count against it technically, because it is not using the ISPs peering connections.... but CDN from Netflix that is inside Cox's network.