Search similar:

uniqs

WEEDmon
El Loco
join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC

2 recommendations

WEEDmon

Shout Out and Brownie Points to SDL L3Tech!!!

Want to give a shout out and a thanks to SDL L3Tech for everything he has done to help me!! A couple of days ago I messaged SDL L3Tech because it seems for the past couple of days and weeks, everytime I have done a speed tests during the morning, evenings and at nights during peak times, my speeds were somewhat slow. I'm on the 30/2 plan and instead the speed tests show I'm getting between 12-20 download speeds. I messaged SDL L3Tech about the problem and after a few days looking into the problem for me, he has found out that 2 links in my area reach compacity a few days, but not all days throughout the week, and that he contacted the local engineers in my area, and they are going to be adding another set of the links in my area soon, which will and should help with the slow speeds I have been getting. Not only that, but SDL L3Tech is going to also let me know when the local engineers in my area have set up an estimated time of repair date for the links. Talk about going above and beyond the call.......SDL L3Tech is awesome and a real asset to Suddenlink!!

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Cool.

I know you are in the same exact area as me, but I also know we are on different nodes. Hope they get it worked out for you soon.

Can't blame me for hogging all your bandwidth

Wait a second, I might be wrong here, I kind of forget now, it might have been the DSL we were on different nodes for. Hmm.

When you look at your modem status pages, and you look at where it shows your channel bonding, what are your channel ID numbers? Mine are 209, 210, 211 and 212. I think if yours are different, that would indicate a different node.

WEEDmon
El Loco
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

Mine says in this exact order..... 210, 209, 211 and 212. I think we are on the same node arn't we? How have your speeds been Gator. Have they been slow during the day,at peak times and at night also or what?

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to WEEDmon

to WEEDmon
This is not a node problem, just FYI.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to WEEDmon

Premium Member

to WEEDmon
said by WEEDmon:

Mine says in this exact order..... 210, 209, 211 and 212. I think we are on the same node arn't we? How have your speeds been Gator. Have they been slow during the day,at peak times and at night also or what?

I think we are on the same node.

I have not noticed a lot of slowdowns recently. I also have not been as active recently in testing my speeds. I used to test several times a day on different sites.

I'll keep a closer eye on things for awhile and see how it goes.

WEEDmon
El Loco
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

SDL L3Tech, just said it's not a node problem. SDL L3Tech, isn't it more like a links problem or something like you were telling me the other day how they need more links added?

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to SDL L3Tech

Premium Member

to SDL L3Tech
said by SDL L3Tech:

This is not a node problem, just FYI.

Ok.
gatorkram

gatorkram to WEEDmon

Premium Member

to WEEDmon
said by WEEDmon:

SDL L3Tech, just said it's not a node problem. SDL L3Tech, isn't it more like a links problem or something like you were telling me the other day how they need more links added?

I have been using this test more often recently.

»66.76.168.20:8080/myspee ··· 64s.html

When other sites show lower numbers, this one seems to be almost always spot on.

WEEDmon
El Loco
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

Gator, just curious....what are your Downstream SNR Bonding Channel Values, Downstream Power Levels and Upstream Power Level?

Mine are
Downstream SNR: 37 dB, 36 dB, 37 dB and 37 dB
Downstream Power Level: -6dBmV, -7dBmV, -6dBmV and -7dBmV
Upstream Power Level: 55dBmV

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

1 Locked QAM256 209 627000000 Hz 1.7 dBmV 42.0 dB 921 0
2 Locked QAM256 210 633000000 Hz 1.6 dBmV 41.9 dB 0 0
3 Locked QAM256 211 639000000 Hz 2.1 dBmV 41.8 dB 0 0
4 Locked QAM256 212 645000000 Hz 1.9 dBmV 41.9 dB 0 0

1 Locked TDMA 2 2560 Ksym/sec 27000000 Hz 46.9 dBmV
gatorkram

gatorkram to WEEDmon

Premium Member

to WEEDmon
Click for full size
This looks a bit better..
gatorkram

gatorkram to WEEDmon

Premium Member

to WEEDmon
said by WEEDmon:

Gator, just curious....what are your Downstream SNR Bonding Channel Values, Downstream Power Levels and Upstream Power Level?

Mine are
Downstream SNR: 37 dB, 36 dB, 37 dB and 37 dB
Downstream Power Level: -6dBmV, -7dBmV, -6dBmV and -7dBmV
Upstream Power Level: 55dBmV

I think your upstream power level is pretty high. I think 57 or 58 is the max. Do you notice your modem losing sync? Not sure how much of a difference there is, between 55 and hitting the max, as far as headroom before not being able to make a link.

WEEDmon
El Loco
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

Yeah my Upstream Power Level is 55dBmv and I guess it is pretty high. I have called Suddenlink a couple of times out of couriousity about it, and all they tell me is that it looks fine and is what they recommend it to be. But your saying if it hits max at about 57 or 58, then thats bad? About my modem losing sync, do you mean as in disconnects or what? Nope I haven't noticed at all when I'm online using my laptop for a couple of hours that my internet and modem disconnects at all or when on xbox LIVE for a couple of hours that my internet and modem disconnects at all. So I'm guessing no that it doesn't. Is there a way though to lower my Upstream Power Level if any at all?

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

I might be mistaken, about the power level, obviously they know better than me. If you aren't losing sync then I guess it's good to go.

There are ways to improve your needed signal level, but I'm not the right guy to address that for you, except to say having good cables, and good connections, and as little splits as possible, and of course having good levels to begin with at the tap.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

Really wouldn't listen to the phone support much at all, in honesty. When you start hitting 57 or around there, your modem will reset itself. Phone people are telling you it's fine because you're online at the moment. You are technically ok though if it's not causing problems, but I know more than a few isp that won't commission a new line at that level.

Also take a look at your wiring setup and see if you can remove any splitters to get your downstream power up a bit more. For Docsis3, that's close to causing troubles.

Neither of these though would be giving you the problems you were talking about at their current levels.

WEEDmon
El Loco
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

What's strange is that when I straight hook up my cable modem to my living room wall jack and test my Upstream Power Level that way, the Upstream Power Level is at 50. But then when I put a 2 way splitter to the wall jack so I can connect my cable modem and Digital Box to it, my Upstream Power Level goes back to 55 which is what it is now. There is a splitter outside my backyard where the grey cable box is in which one line goes into the living room where I have a 2 way splitter on that is connected to my cable modem and digital box. The other lines go upstairs to the bedrooms. But other than that, I don't know what else to do lol.. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything I can try and do? Thanks!!

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

the more splitters and line you have in front of the cable modem, the higher the upstream will go. usually you want a homerun for the modem. a direct feed from the first splitter outside the house

plk
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
united state

plk to WEEDmon

Premium Member

to WEEDmon
Second shout out to SDL L3Tech. Great help in the past.