how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dexter1992

join:2010-07-16
Winona, MN

New Home Agent - Minnetonka, MN

Noticed that www.speedtest.net is now picking Minnetonka, MN as the default server, which is much closer than Chicago, IL. Good news is that ping times should be better considering minimal tower load.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

1 edit
Do a traceroute... I suspect speedtest.net has modified their geolocate database to be more accurate... and you are still routing out the same HA as before.

I just tried with sprint... and indeed mine also is more accurate to my physical location... wonder if sprint updated their IP geo information... are you on a mcom sprint account?

Dexter1992

Winona, MN
I am away from home at the moment, but my modem is set to 255.255.255.255 for it's primary HA. So it's going for the closest. It would always land in Chicago, IL, which in the list of HA's was the closest.

I restarted the router about 4 times to renew the lease, and everytime it picks Minnetonka, MN. I will look it into it more when I get home. I am using Sprint 3G Unlimited plan via MCOM.

Dexter1992

Winona, MN
After further review it doesn't appear to be so. Chicago, IL is still the closest. This was through ping results.