All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CBLMorphis
join:2001-02-25
Riverside, CA

CBLMorphis

[Rant] Taxes, How Do You Wan't To Be Rapped ?

You know, over the years I have learned one thing, how the government and every software company, and agency want's a piece of your earned money. Or shall I use the term, butt rape.

It's around 40-100 depending on which Turbo Tax version you want. 30-40.00 for your state, 5.00 processing fee, and 25.00 to e-file.

By the time you get your taxes back, your lucky to have bought your something to plug your butt from being butt rapped so much.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Really? I pay $20 for U-File and get up to 10 returns to E-file, or can choose paper. No other fees at all.
AZinOH
join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH

AZinOH to CBLMorphis

to CBLMorphis
If you need the service that TT provides, or you just want the convenience, then pay up and quit complaining. On the other hand, if yours is just a simple return then you haven't explored the free-file options that are available. I've been using 1040NOW for three years and it has worked well. They do charge a fee for some state returns but I don't care about that.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to CBLMorphis

to CBLMorphis
You can just do your taxes by hand. It's not hard.

I paid $40 for Turbo-Tax, which includes e-filing the Federal return and calculation of the New Jersey return.

NJ has its own web-based tax filing system which is 100% FREE. So I just take the numbers from Turbo-Tax and plug them into NJ's web site.

So I paid $40 for the software, and NOTHING to e-file both the Federal and NJ returns.

I don't feel "rapped", nor do I "wan't" to be.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

DC DSL to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
Money makes the world go around. Get used to it and cope. And, spend some time working on your grammar and spelling before you complain about companies that have spent a lot of money paying the people who create, maintain, and support their software.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

1 recommendation

jjoshua to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
Rapped?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to CBLMorphis

MVM

to CBLMorphis
I spend less than $75 total using Turbo Tax - no e-file fee or processing fee and NOT the basic TT version. 2011 was $71 but the years before that it was less than $60 which is tax deductible.
hchen42
join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

hchen42 to jjoshua

to jjoshua
Yeah, for a second there, I thought OP was posting a rap song about taxes.

Don't know why OP is bitching and moaning about tax software. For what it charges, I thought it's worth it. If not, do it by hand and see how much extra time it takes. Or take the whole thing to an accountant, and see how much the accountant charges.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
BTW, I just download H&R Block At Home Deluxe + State for $24 from Amazon.com.

It couldn't have been easier or much less expensive.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
Taxes suck... you pay quarterly, you withhold as single at the higher rate, then they steal again in April... it's absurd.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by chamberc:

Taxes suck... you pay quarterly, you withhold as single at the higher rate, then they steal again in April... it's absurd.

You're doing something wrong if you have to pay still more taxes in April. Complaining about costs for doing your returns online or having someone do them for you simply is not legitimate. Decades ago you did your taxes by hand. There was no online and H&R Block or a CPA were pretty much your only alternatives. No thanks. It's worth every penny to do them the way we can today.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to chamberc

to chamberc
You're paying quarterly and withholding? Huh?

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

2 recommendations

capecoddah to CBLMorphis

to CBLMorphis
HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Yo Yo Yo

I get butt-raed
By the IRS.
They want mo' money,
I wanna pay less.

They want me to pay
For the forms you see,

Hey chill out boy,
Yo 1040 EZ!

Word.

redxii
Mod
join:2001-02-26
Michigan

redxii to CBLMorphis

Mod

to CBLMorphis
I used the Turbo Tax federal free edition online and a different site (1040Now) to e-file state for free.

CBLMorphis
join:2001-02-25
Riverside, CA

CBLMorphis

LOL yes I just saw that, Rapped, LOL, sorry about that. Need Snoop Dogg here I guess,

I don't mind paying for stuff don't get me wrong, it's how they go about it. Paying the company that makes the software deserves the money yes. It's the state and the e-file that are ripping us off. Not the federal but the state. I noticed this when I submitted my payment information.

Federal e-file is free, but paying for the state + e-file, I question that.

What, the state don't make enough damn money off of us?

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut
said by Juggernaut:

Really? I pay $20 for U-File and get up to 10 returns to E-file, or can choose paper. No other fees at all.

I use Studio Tax and it's 100% free....
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to CBLMorphis

to CBLMorphis
feds say i gotta pay dat tax
i be tellin them thats hella whacks
gotta pay dat money
damn you guys are funny

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to CBLMorphis

to CBLMorphis
»www.irs.gov/uac/Free-Fil ··· for-Free

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Looks like all the free linked sites have limitations.

Example: Free File companies have their own eligibility criteria, but none offer Free File to taxpayers with an Adjusted Gross Income of more than $57,000.

JustBurnt
@rr.com

JustBurnt to CBLMorphis

Anon

to CBLMorphis
I use TaxAct and have for years, no income max and no charge for filing Federal.

My State, and City have free E-filing so no charges there either.

With TaxAct, State filing is $15.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
Turbotax has always been the most expensive from what I have seen. I have been filing with taxslayer since 2007 without any issues. I paid $30 for the premium package so I can get tech support for certain questions I had this year about a 1099-B and extra features.

www.taxslayer.com

EDIT: I started with Taxslayer because it was free for active military and got used to it over the years so I stick with what I know.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
What im supposed to pay taxes.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Johkal

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

Looks like all the free linked sites have limitations.

Example: Free File companies have their own eligibility criteria, but none offer Free File to taxpayers with an Adjusted Gross Income of more than $57,000.

Free filing companies need to make money somehow. It's nice they aren't trying to make a buck off the poor though.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

You can just do your taxes by hand. It's not hard.

I paid $40 for Turbo-Tax, which includes e-filing the Federal return and calculation of the New Jersey return.

NJ has its own web-based tax filing system which is 100% FREE. So I just take the numbers from Turbo-Tax and plug them into NJ's web site.

So I paid $40 for the software, and NOTHING to e-file both the Federal and NJ returns.

I don't feel "rapped", nor do I "wan't" to be.

I need a NY module in addition to the NJ, usually double the pice.

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
I want to be rapped on my cellar door. I could take this further but I don't have the spark for it tonight.