share rss forum feed

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to CBLMorphis

Re: [Rant] Taxes, How Do You Wan't To Be Rapped ?

Turbotax has always been the most expensive from what I have seen. I have been filing with taxslayer since 2007 without any issues. I paid $30 for the premium package so I can get tech support for certain questions I had this year about a 1099-B and extra features.

www.taxslayer.com

EDIT: I started with Taxslayer because it was free for active military and got used to it over the years so I stick with what I know.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to CBLMorphis

What im supposed to pay taxes.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Johkal

said by Johkal:

Looks like all the free linked sites have limitations.

Example: Free File companies have their own eligibility criteria, but none offer Free File to taxpayers with an Adjusted Gross Income of more than $57,000.

Free filing companies need to make money somehow. It's nice they aren't trying to make a buck off the poor though.
--
What we're saying today is that you're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem. - E. Cleaver 1968

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Bob4

said by Bob4:

You can just do your taxes by hand. It's not hard.

I paid $40 for Turbo-Tax, which includes e-filing the Federal return and calculation of the New Jersey return.

NJ has its own web-based tax filing system which is 100% FREE. So I just take the numbers from Turbo-Tax and plug them into NJ's web site.

So I paid $40 for the software, and NOTHING to e-file both the Federal and NJ returns.

I don't feel "rapped", nor do I "wan't" to be.

I need a NY module in addition to the NJ, usually double the pice.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

psafux
Premium,VIP
join:2005-11-10
kudos:2
reply to CBLMorphis

I want to be rapped on my cellar door. I could take this further but I don't have the spark for it tonight.