Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Crysis 3 CPU Benchmarks: Vengeance of Multi-Core

Click for full size
Just going to leave this one here, in spite of its imperfections (1280x720, wtf is this, 1999?). I know it's CPU testing, but I'd like to see at least 1080p...

»www.pcgameshardware.de/Crysis-3-···1056578/
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3

Do you know if Crysis 3 uses all the threading capability of an i7?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

No idea, but the fact that a 6C/12T processor is at the top might indicate that it takes advantage of all threads regardless of make.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

kvn864

join:2001-12-18
Sun City, AZ
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok

FX8350 is on pair with 3770K, and $120 cheaper, how about that?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Well, they both have 8 threads, and the AMD has a slightly faster base clock, and looks like Crysis 3 takes full advantage of all threads, soooo....
--

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to kvn864

That just this one game, and only because the developers actually took the time and spent the money to properly make it multi-threaded. Sadly most games aren't made like that, if they were we'd actually have competition in the market. Not to mention, like Kris said, the amd one has a decent bit higher base clock so thats gonna give it a boost.