Not a Dumptruck

join:2001-10-21
London, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Energystream

Re: Mech Warrior Online

said by Energystream:

I think I will be purchasing the Jager-DD, 1 setup with double gauss, if possible ..
These mechs are heavy on ballistics, bit explosive eh?

I run 2 gauss and 2 MLs on my Cata, sometimes I asplode. Haven't experimented with CASE to see if that reduces anything.
--
....where's my fiber?

Gevurah

join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

won't matter if you're running an XL engine, TBH

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

800 pt rd with my DDC....I've changed the build up quite a bit.

2x UAC5's, 3x SSRM2's, 2 ML's and a std 350 eng...Endo, DHS, ECM, AMS...the extra speed is a godsend. Much more maneuverable now....enjoying it muchly.

Raptor
Not a Dumptruck

join:2001-10-21
London, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Gevurah

said by Gevurah:

won't matter if you're running an XL engine, TBH

Truth.
--
....where's my fiber?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Gevurah

said by Gevurah:

As always but the fixes are coming in. Jagermech is gonna be a beast. Put an AC20 on each arm or gauss and you get arm-mounted heavy ballistics on a fast mech.

Nasty mode.

/ac20gasm
--
When on dangerous ground maneuver, when on deadly ground fight.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Krisnatharok

If anyone is ever interested in trying out one of the Jenners (yeah, yeah... like that'll happen, you Raven hoes. ), I put my builds up with a quick explanation of what they're best at.

»1sthussars.ihostinghq.com/topic/···ilds-qr8

RavenX11R6

join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

heh its funny i still need to buy a jenner... saving for dat atlas... or prolly a jager later today. though today is prolly gonna turn into tweak the raven day... with the fixing of streaks and hitboxes i'll be rebuilding it to be a scout again.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I'm also saving for the Atlas. I think that with the lights taking a hit (all the good ones required streaks), the Atlas is going to rebound from an already powerful spot to an over the top spot.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

The lights are getting a huge boost (minus the raven)

Splash damage on heavies was always worthless as they were too big to be really affected by it, but splash damage on lights made them go boom like paper dolls. If anything, lights will have a much better chance of surviving now.

RavenX11R6

Mechanicsburg, PA
reply to Archivis

heheh we get 4 DDCs rockin and we'll have a steiner style recon lance ... still gonna keep the raven as my goto mech cause thats just how i roll.

The atlas is part of my mech diversification plan... if it wasn't for gev, i'd have a stable full of lights. Gonna keep a streak launcher on the raven, put a tag on... and prolly an lrm5... might swap the streak for a NARC beacon... we'll see.

New map looks exciting as well.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Haha, reminds me of this.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to RavenX11R6

I wasn't on last night. I spent about 10 hours getting this damn computer together and working, so I called it a night early.

I'll be on tonight though!

RE: Gev's comments about tactical leadership and keeping the air clear -- apologies about me switching to fireteam leader mode. I'll let the designated lance commanders do their job.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
reply to RavenX11R6

Any idea how the changes affect a splatcat? I could 1 shot lights by face humping them and aiming dead center.

It was OP and hilarious, but should I expect to change my play of the splat?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

You might have to fire two loads.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

It's ok dude. I've been using it as a measure of how effective you'll be in the field. I think you do pretty well when I'm not in there monkeying you up with alternate commands.

I still have to figure out the best order for lance commanders but I think if I made you one it wouldn't mess things up too much. I just would like to have more members first so it'd be easier to distribute in my head.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Energystream

On a light? Probably not much. A 90 pt alpha is still going to devastate a light. But glancing blows will no longer rip half their body off.

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Archivis

I can live with that, will just make it harder to steal Ekster and Koil's kills.

or

Ride the AC20 bandwagon on a K2. Regardless I need to review what strats work for me, and what doesn't. I've been having very inconsistant games, ranging from getting raped and doing nothing even in an awesome, to getting 3,4,5 kills with anything from my DK to my splat.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Krisnatharok

And I was grinding out my last Jenner last night... wanted a few quick games, but then Gev got on and we teamed up for a bit... said that's all for me, but got on for a few more games afterwards and everyone were on, so played some more... ended up staying later than I wanted to.

And I was -very- tempted to do a 'one more'... stupid Jenner K is 7... SEVEN xp from being basic'ed out. And my Jenner F is about 60 or 70 XP from getting all the elites once I'm done with the K! One more was never so tempting as this... but I really had to go, heh.

Still, had a few great games yesterday. Me and Gev teamed up at first. Had one hilarious game. We took the tunnel in Frozen city, saw a light, were about to hit him and realized that was the whole team, and they were all very heavy. We tried to run and hit and get behind friendly lines, but our team was just too retarded and slow, so I went into Rambo mode... Gev joined me. In seconds, we ruined their line and wrecked them all with a puny Spider and a puny Jenner. We ended up dying... but not before we practically stripped, dismembered and cored the whole damn team. Only then do our heavies move in and take forever to kill a half dead team.

There was also a game where I went solo and ended up on a team with an awesome Spider pilot and a great Commando pilot.
We got two guys to rage-quit as our mini-light swarm picked off fresh heavies and assaults and simply ruined them. And the guys were bitching about our lights being able to take them out. Sheesh, they were destroyed by a legit non-cheese light swarm and they bitched that we could take them out.
The crappy Jenner K, a Spider and a Commando were too OP for them! lol

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Gevurah

I definitely would prefer to be in the Assault lance, whether it's wrecking it up with the DDC, rolling double double AC20s with Jobbie in the heavies, or improving my laserboat play in the Stalker.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Energystream

Might want to wait for a jagermech before jumping on that bandwagon - the Jager should be a superior AC20 platform.

Also discovered in my tests last night that putting AMS on a light mech worked better than expected.

I actually won some pre-nerf fights against ravens because when the streaks would circle around me the AMS would shoot them down. Guess they should fix that bug next. As it was though it was working so-so if I kept my range to about 150m+. Shoot the legs (non bugged for ravens at this time). So I'm running AMS *and* ECM. Silly, but necessary since I don't have streaks.

RavenX11R6

Mechanicsburg, PA
reply to Energystream

i have the same problem... all of my mechs have different functions, the 3l and streakmando play as aggressive scouts... my hunchbacks are kinda suited for close combat and assault support... in my dragons i tend to try to stay around 3-500m out of the melee and offer direct fire (as well as indirect with the lrm10) support and spot targets.

since my dragons are all basic'd out i may just do the smart thing, hold off on any other mechs and see what's gonna work with the 3l and what i need to fix with my own piloting of it now that its not gonna be so broken

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

Yeah you, energy, and Jobbie are my go-to Assault lance guys. Probably Halada too, though I don't play enough with Halada to know what he's good with. If I recall he's kind of a beast with that DDC right?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Can we just roll up with 8/12X DDCs?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

You got to join the Steiner faction for that.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA

1 recommendation

reply to Archivis

Yeah I can imagine the convo now...

Ah damn guys, we lost on points again! Can someone put in a big XL engine to make a scout Atlas?

OH MAN THIS 60 KPH ATLAS IS SO FAST

Yeah, you won't catch me in a FATlas anytime too soon. Slow mechs and me don't play nice together.

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY

The stalker may as well be a stationary tower. As much as I like them, I am not playing tower defense.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA

Agreed. The awesome 9-M and Pretty baby are the fastest assaults on the field, pushing over 85 KPH with speed tweak and a bigass engine. So that's my most likely assault mech, which means you'll never see me in one. As it is I hate my cataphracts sluggish 65 kph.

At least... until the charger comes into the game >:D

Once the charger is in (if it ever is), I'll be grabbing that big bastard, even if they keep the stock payload of 5 small lasers LOL. *ESPECIALLY* if melee/knockdown comes back.

RavenX11R6

Mechanicsburg, PA

i'd rock a mackie ... but thats more or less cause they look like a retarded urbanmech

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
reply to Gevurah

I can only imagine how slow a Daishi will be...

But I will totally get the mobile armory. A stalker with arms? That would be a ridiculous Alpha.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA

I never even put together it's a stalker with arms. Mind = Blown