Search similar:

uniqs

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: Mech Warrior Online

I do not, actually. I prefer my nostromo and mouse setup.

Actually I find a joystick makes it incredibly hard to aim, but that's probably just me.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yeah, I tried a Saitek, and it just isn't as easy to use as keyboard or mouse.

An xbox controller might work, as I like the concept of the dual sticks for chassis and turning.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Gevurah

to Gevurah
I'm also waiting for my registration to go through on the website so I can apply. I'm really liking the lightmech's.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Talk to me when you have about 11-12 million c-bills and I'll hook you up with the best light mech build in the game right now, thanks to Raven's advice, I've been using one and it's ridiculous.

I have yet to lose to an Atlas 1v1, even if they're full health. The Raven 3L shits on assaults all day.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

i have a Raven 3L, with the EDS, DHS, upgraded engine, top speed like 130kph or something like that. 3ML and 2streak 2's. I just bought the engine late last night and didn't get to play too much with it after that but it is a huge improvement just being able to "speed" past/around a lot of damage. I just seem to get cored alot. I'll have to readjust my armor a bit i think.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
I approved your membership but you need to now go to "join us" and fill out an app.

Thanks

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Already had.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
done and browsing the site.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Faction on faction combat where you take control of their planets.
Amongst other things. We'll be fighting for the glory of the Free Rasalhague Republic huzzah!

That means fighting the Draconis combine and Lyran Commonwealth (AKA the Steiners).

At least until the clans come and clean our clocks.

»www.gamersdailynews.com/ ··· here.jpg

We're the little blue slice at the top.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Click for full size
Suck it DarkLogix See Profile!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Um what?
I don't play that game.

And sorry but when I click that pic to see it full size I get nothing.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Someone is running around with your name. You going to take that?

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I had the same problem with the photo. Had to be logged in to see it full size.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Also pro-tip if you want to feel more like you're in a mech and less like you're in a robotic eyeball, modify your user.cfg file (should be empty by default) and add this line:

cl_fov = 80

This will give you more visibility of your cockpit, in cockpit items, and if you're piloting something like a hunchback you can see the cannon next to the screen. For someone like me who uses a mechpit for immersion, it's sort of a critical element to to really help tie it all together.

There's some more advanced config file editing but I don't muck around with that. Just the FOV. 80 works good for me on my 16:9 monitor.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Someone is running around with your name. You going to take that?

Its an Awsome name
and I hear that copyright infringement is the highest form of flattery.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
said by Energystream:

I had the same problem with the photo. Had to be logged in to see it full size.

I am logged in to DSLR.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

1 edit

Jobbie to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Man that would have been awesome if you were there too. I got late from work last night played a couple games with my Hunch, really digging the medium mech style. I changed my fire groups to fire the 4 lasers on the arms on group 1 and the laser on the head on 2 and both SRMs in 3. The head laser is harder to aim when you are on a hill. My next Hunchback will be the 4P, 9 MLs make me drool.

Still saving up to make my Awesome 8R an "Awesomesplat" with 4 SRMs and ML and LL sill need to find a build.

Edit: Added the awesome model.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
The SRM boat builds are I think unfortunately in the sunset of their heyday. We're coming up on many maps which will be released of the more traditional "gigantic mission based objective" style, vs the 4 which were originally released that are basically mech-brawler online. So you're going to find lbx's, srm's, even medium lasers are going to be less useful at least in large clusters. People will be running mixes like 2xLRM15, 2xSRM6, etc so they can still be useful in longer range encounters, which are soft of how mechwarrior has always been. This is why most stock mechs come with LRMs right out of the box, fyi - on tabletop you were always trying to fight at maximum range unless you absolutely had to.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

That makes sense, I am basing my build in the fact that, unless we get Arctic, the rest of the maps are a huge brawler fest, I like the flexibility of going LRMs or SRMs depending on the current Meta.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
My next step is to polish off the existing mechs I have, including getting targeting decay for the Awesome and the Raven. I'm still grinding some GXP out so I can get the second rank of the targeting decay.

Once that's done, I'll be picking up the other two Ravens so I can start to drill down in the Raven 3L's tree beyond the entry level talent points. Once the Raven is maxed out, I'll work on the Awesome. I'll pick up a few other Awesomes and put some PPCs on them or some other weapons on them to fuck around with, but try to max the LRM boat.

Next buy after targeting decay is going to be the Raven 4X as a shotgun bitch.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Gevurah,

How do you see the 3 lance games that will be coming out working out?

Would there be a light fast pack to scout, snag objectives, and murder the LRM/long range support.

Medium/Heavy/Assault brawler as a murder pack

and Long range support that would include Missle boats and snipers?

The size of the new maps, and addition of a lance are definately going to make it interesting coming up with strats.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I thought the long range maps would murder the mediums and the lights, but they're just as effective as they ever were. Objectives are a prime thing to keep an eye on.

As long as we're playing 4-man teams, I think we could start working on mechs of similar abilities. It seems like if the four of us can stay in a pack, we do a devastating amount of damage. When we all play what we want, we're all doing our own thing.

We've talked about 4X LRM boats. We've talked about 4X light mechs. We've done 2X LRM boats and we immediately saw how we could bail each other out from pesky light mechs.

4X Light mechs could just cap everything and then destroy anyone who got close.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I really want to try that Raven build, this month I plan to set some money aside to get and save all my CBills for equipemnt:

Second Hunch
Raven
Catapult

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Arch go get that copyright thief.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I think that long-term, you're going to want to settle down with 3 or 4 mechs of your choice and master them. You'll then by other mechs just so you can boost the talents of your primary mechs.
Exodus

Exodus to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Arch go get that copyright thief.

I did. I shot him in the face.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Energystream

to Energystream
I think we're going to see the more standard lance builds of assault/command/recon lances take shape. It's a simple system and effective and also those light packs will be hell on uncoordinated teams.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Any idea about how exactly faction warfare will work?

I was always a huge MW junkie, but I miss the bigger battles, the fighting for the clans, getting missions, etc.

I'm tempted of starting this game up again since I see that they fixed the economy somewhat and that they will be adding much bigger maps, but I'm really curious about the factions part.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Actually this is the best resource for the fov settings: »mwomercs.com/forums/topi ··· -a-mech/

It's also what I used for mine so I guess I'm running 79.

Thanks

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Yeah my plan is to have one of each kinds as starts so far I have a medium and an assault, I need a light and heavy to get my full set I think the Raven and a Catapult will be great assets to our team.