York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: Mech Warrior Online

April 2nd.
Gevurah

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
Coming april 2nd. Man this board is wonky on my pc.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

And catapults got a long-asked for nerf on their torso twist to bring them in line with the rest of the heavies. Didn't see that one coming, tbh.

Yeah KrisN and I were talking while running dual K2s it is ridiculous that you can see all the way back on each side, I don't think is going to affect much since the my K2 is not a brawling build. It was convenient but not required.

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

It was pretty ridiculous, especially on splat cats. Should make things more balanced, though I'm surprised they did it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Oh man I am buying this new mech and put some bigass ac20s on it and see how it works, I think I will go with the one with lasers.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
- Pressing the ‘W’ key will sets the throttle to 100%.
- Pressing the ‘S’ key will sets the throttle to -100%.
- Releasing the ‘W’ and ‘S’ key sets the throttle to 0.
- Keyboard users can now use the NumPad to directly control throttle (using the 0-9, +, -, and . keys).
- New Bind: “F" - centers Feet to Torso.
- New Bind: “Shift” - toggles Arm Lock while held.
- The hitbox complexity of the Raven has been reduced.
- Fixed an issue where firing SRMs at close range at an enemy BattleMech's leg does little to no damage.
Shit's gonna get serious now.
This is just the way I like it.

I'll just need to reconfigure all the speed binds back to regular 1-0 keys instead of the silly numpad to be able to change speed on the fly, but so far, I'm happy with how that sounds.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Hah.

I'm glad they fixed the SRM to the leg part. I noticed that happening a lot, but wasn't sure if it was a bug or I was just missing something, as I have a tendency of running into the legs of assaults (and stay for a few seconds to fire a couple of times because I'm too short for them to properly aim at me. ) if I jump in the middle of 4 or 5 of them.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Its why people were reporting 'no damage at point blank with srms' - if it hit the legs, no damage was delivered. Kind of ridiculous. As it is, that combined with SSRMS and a modified hit box will make ravens mortal again.

NOTE if you are a brawler Raven pilot you should probably start looking at running a commando or Jenner now as those are the 'striker' mechs of the light class.

"Strikers are generally fast BattleMechs, second only to Scouts, and armed with what would be considered a loadout of heavy, close-in weapons. In their strike role, they run in to face the enemy units and then let loose with as much firepower as they can unleash quickly. Generally operating in lance formations with other Strikers, they'll attack one designated target until it is removed as a battle-capable unit. While often costly in 'Mechs, these bold tactics often favor significant damage to the enemy"

The raven is not designed for this role. So get ready to adapt or die, as it were.
Gevurah

Gevurah

So apparently the new desert map is hotter than caustic.

Time to start working on heat efficiency guys.
This is really smart of them:

First - make some maps that make people want to play that are easy to learn. I.e. cold/small/brawly.

Second add a larger map with heat (caustic)

Third add a huge map with no heat (alpine) forcing people to adapt to a more varied loadout with some long range and some short range (ala classic battletech).

Fourth add a massive map with massive heat ... let's call this the promode map. Pretty smart how they scaled it up.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

NOTE if you are a brawler Raven pilot you should probably start looking at running a commando or Jenner now as those are the 'striker' mechs of the light class.

The raven is not designed for this role. So get ready to adapt or die, as it were.

To add to that...

In general, commandos are harder to hit, one has ECM, one can carry 3 streaks, but no jump jets and less armour.
Jenners have a better weapon loadout in general, have an impossible to miss torso, no ECM, but can take a bigger beating before blowing up and have jump jets.

Both can be just as fun though. But unlike the cheese-raven, you can't run into the enemy and expect to live. These guys require a lot of turning, dodging, ducking and running behind cover. It's a whole different playstyle, but is still damn fun. (I'm a bit biased here though )

And my Jenner builds and Gev's Spider builds are up at the 1st Hussars forum if anyone's interested. Don't think there's anything up for a Commando or non-cheese raven though.
ekster

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I think they said the next map (or one of them, anyway) is an asteroid... so that should be super cold, unless there's a sun shining nearby.

Will be interesting to see how it works.. though I might have to drop an ML or two to an SL and add an extra heatsink now.

RavenX11R6
join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6 to ekster

to ekster
i'll post up my actual scout build and hit and run raven 3l's... i don't use em cause right now they don't work. but once the maps get more varied they'll be more viable.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Tag and ECM are must haves for scouts. That and you really should have some LRM boats on your team to assist with.

Maybe Raven can bring his scout and I'll bring my LRM boat. If he can tag from safety and mark a target without someone seeing his laser, I can fire LRMs off and hit targets from a safe spot.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to ekster

to ekster
Right. The commandos defining feature is it's heavy payload. I mean for crying out loud one can carry two SRM6's AND two lasers. That little guy (The 3A) might not have ECM but packs a heck of a punch with it's 40 point alpha. Run up on unsuspecting enemy rear armor, fire, run away. Rinse/repeat.

They'll also be WAY more survivable once they fix splash damage.

As to their being hard to hit - that was the reason it was my 'second' mech - the first one I owned was a cent CN9-A. I got completely outmaneuvered and couldn't hit the little bugger in the COM-2D. So yeah, I was like I GOTTA GET ONE OF THOSE O_O
Gevurah

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
That'd be my ideal setup for sure. You two should work very well together. If raven runs his MW4-style raven build he'll be the best scout you've ever seen. The enemy, however, will not ever see him, ever :P

He might only get 50 dmg a round that way, but he'll do damn good support.
Gevurah

Gevurah

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· 4g0oALmM ROFL best vid ever

RavenX11R6
join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6 to Gevurah

to Gevurah
gonna take a bit to get used to that play style again, but shouldn't be too bad... now to narc or not to narc that is the question

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I probably wouldn't until they buff it one more time. It's nice with the 30 second lock on though, so that's worth considering. Fire and forget tag, basically.

As it is now the moment you switch tag/target as a scout the LRM boat loses missile tracking, which can be troublesome.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
And speaking of lights... I don't know what the hell is up with that, but after the new stats went live, my spider, which I haven't fully basic'ed out yet, and which I ran on a crappy stock engine with no heatsinks or armour for about 10 matches still remains with the best K/D ratio, and the only one above 1.0...

Spider 5D - 28 games played, 12 kills, 11 deaths
Jenner D - 39 games played, 21 kills, 28 deaths
Jenner K - 27 games played, 12 kills, 14 death

And I'm much more comfortable in a Jenner than a Spider...

Spiders are too OP and need to be nerfed!

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

That'd be my ideal setup for sure. You two should work very well together. If raven runs his MW4-style raven build he'll be the best scout you've ever seen. The enemy, however, will not ever see him, ever :P

He might only get 50 dmg a round that way, but he'll do damn good support.

If I can lock on a target that can't hide behind a building to avoid my LRMs, I can take out an entire team if left alone.

A four-man lance could consist of the Scout, my LRM boat, and two bodyguards to keep the enemy harassers away. One of them would be a DDC to shut down any ECM nonsense. The other would probably need to be an assisting brawler or support sniper.

The ideal map I'm thinking of is frozen city where people hide behind that ridge in the middle, but they'd never actually be safe if I had a lock on them the entire time. There's very little to hide behind if I had a lock and they were just over the ridge. They'd probably think they were safe if they ducked behind the ridge. It would be 2-4 volleys before they got the idea to get out. Four volleys will kill most mechs.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Have you considered a trebuchet as an LRM boat? I've seen impressive numbers. Think about 80kph standard, 2lrm15's stock, jump jets... sure it's less immediate damage but significantly higher mobility and evasiveness.

Not to mention you can get to better locations.

But yeah, I agree - that's a solid lance setup. That's what my mech (The centurion) was made for - defending the fire support/LRM boats.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

You in your light-mech-killer, someone in a DDC (Krisn?) and Raven in his scout.

I could use Energy's splatcat too, maybe even post-nerf. Shit on those light mechs. Nothing ruins my day more on that Raven than a Cat that can connect his SRMs. Hopefully, the torso twist makes that more difficuilt. I swear it was impossible to circle around one of those things.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Just wait until the newly nerfed Raven goes up against Jobbie and I with our "double double AC20 cat" team.

It's going to be the new "splatcat."

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
This is why the 3 lance company is setup the way it is.
Scout/recon/striker lance (light mechs, maybe a fast medium or two)
Command lance (Mediums, heavies, the odd assault) - runs cover support, reserve force, flanks, etc
Assault lance - LRM boats, las boats, ppc boats, slow boats to china, etc. Think about it. Your LRM boat surrounded by DDCs, while getting TAGs from the other lance.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

said by Gevurah:

Your LRM boat surrounded by DDCs, while getting TAGs from the other lance.

1980 is not enough LRM ammo.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Just wait until the newly nerfed Raven goes up against Jobbie and I with our "double double AC20 cat" team.

It is our duty to build "double double AC20 Jager" to try them out.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Lol the jagerbomb. Hit it once and it goes boom.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
For your viewing pleasure.