Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: Mech Warrior Online

Thanks for that. I'll give it a shot.

I usually bind arms to 1 and torso to 2 because in a light, my arms are rarely centered with the torso and I'm always above, below and way to the side... but that won't be as important in a heavy, I guess.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Jobbie:

Exactly this, I love the AC20s and ballistics because you know you will be able to alfa at least 4-5 times befor you get even think of overheating.

said by Jobbie:

you will be able to alfa at least 4-5 times

said by Jobbie:

able to alfa

said by Jobbie:

alfa

I just read this, sorry sometimes english and spanish mix.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

lololol, it's ok man.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
It's okay, Jobbie. I know how you feel. I do it all the time too, just with other languages.

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Jobbie

to Jobbie
I don't think he was picking on your language - it looked more like he was boiling down your statement to the most relevant portion - i.e. your entire sentence could be summed up in one word: "ALPHA"

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

I'll give it a shot with 4 PPCs. So far, I have been rather enjoying the PPCs more than the AC20. I was constantly popping some assaults at long range with only 2 PPCs without too much effort (aiming feels super easy in a heavy after playing lights for so long ). Probably would do a lot better if I grouped up with you guys, though. PUGing solo was just really bad. Everyone really loves to either sit back, afraid to take a hit, while being light swarmed or LRM swarmed... or they'd all just split up and go die.

I didn't like the quad PPC K2 even with DHS up your ass it runs super hot, it works good as chain fire on large maps but for a close quarters one you are better of with a dual ac20, if you get to use all your ammo (50-70 rounds) you know you did great and less worries of shutting down.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

50-70? I thought you carried 49. Are you sacrificing the MLs now?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Not yet but thinking about it, but what I am trying to say is that ballistics work a lot better with heat and are able to be active a lot more than energy based weapons.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

Not yet but thinking about it, but what I am trying to say is that ballistics work a lot better with heat and are able to be active a lot more than energy based weapons.

It's a trade-off: more heat for twice (or farther) the range and unlimited ammo. If you are the type of person who likes to get in and brawl, the AC-20s will be better. If you would rather be artillery support and focus on survive to the end, the PPCs are better for continuous, long-range fire. They are great against missile boats, or knocking out the DDC's (or Raven's) ECM. If you go chainfire, you can keep his ECM off permanently.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Jobbie:

It's a trade-off: more heat for twice (or farther) the range and unlimited ammo. If you are the type of person who likes to get in and brawl, the AC-20s will be better. If you would rather be artillery support and focus on survive to the end, the PPCs are better for continuous, long-range fire. They are great against missile boats, or knocking out the DDC's (or Raven's) ECM. If you go chainfire, you can keep his ECM off permanently.

I totally agree with you, it all comes to style in my case I love sneaking around corners in my slow ass mech and get behind the heavies to lay on fire. The quad ppc build works great in cold maps but it sucks on caustic and turmaline (sp)

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Translation: I do better at killstealing with AC20's
Gevurah

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· _zxdbOJ4 THIS IS AWESOME LOL
"DERPWARRIOR ONLINE"

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
This ^

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

Translation: I do better at killstealing with AC20's

Trololol this is so true, I don't seem to have the same ks power with the PPCs

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I run my K2 now with 2 ER PPC, 2 ML, with full armor, about 22 heatsinks and I forget which engine, but it is a standard and gets me up to 75 kph

I fire off ALOT of shots on Tourmaline without shutting down.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Are those single heatsinks?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
4 ER PPC GT 2 ER PPC
demir
Premium Member
join:2010-07-15
usa

2 edits

demir

Premium Member

Yesterday, I sold the Atlas and made a missle boat from an AWS-8R. It worked well for a few rounds (200-300+) but sort of underwhelmed (staying a constant 60-70 damage a round for 10+ rounds) because of pugs and had heat issues I couldn't fix until I could afford DHS.

I did much better after I exchanged the 4 LRM15 for 2 LRM20 and added 2 ML and a LL + Artemis + BAP + DHS + Ferro. One thing that bothers me is it's toooooooo slow. Gonna have to upgrade the motor.

Also ---- why oh why does GXP take so long to earn?

I also logged on last night around 9 and nobody was on the skype conf . . .do you guys live on the east coast or go to bed early or what?
demir

2 edits

demir to mudchucker

Premium Member

to mudchucker
said by mudchucker:

said by Jobbie:

I spent a ton of cbills over the weekend working on a decent build for my Jager-S which ended up on 2 lbx10, 4 ML. Also tried KrisN's quad PPC build on the K2 and runs hot as hell, the lack of ammo does not compensate the heat requirement so I went back to 2AC/20s with 2 ML.

You wasted money on the LB10-X's, they are junk until they buff them. I had three on my Ilya and would get cored before I could do any good amount of damage. So I went back to 2xac10's,.. now I am back to 2xGauss.

I have been thinking of including an LBX AC on a heavier mech that might have trouble with the small and fast. Not for any serious brawling against a medium opponent or larger, more of a utility weapon to be more effective against the fast movers.

mudchucker
Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy
Premium Member
join:2000-10-21

mudchucker

Premium Member

said by demir:

said by mudchucker:

said by Jobbie:

I spent a ton of cbills over the weekend working on a decent build for my Jager-S which ended up on 2 lbx10, 4 ML. Also tried KrisN's quad PPC build on the K2 and runs hot as hell, the lack of ammo does not compensate the heat requirement so I went back to 2AC/20s with 2 ML.

You wasted money on the LB10-X's, they are junk until they buff them. I had three on my Ilya and would get cored before I could do any good amount of damage. So I went back to 2xac10's,.. now I am back to 2xGauss.

I have been thinking of including an LBX AC on a heavier mech that might have trouble with the small and fast. Not for any serious brawling against a medium opponent or larger, more of a utility weapon to be more effective against the fast movers.

That would be good, but don't rely on it as being an armor stripping weapon. It has more of a function of after the armor is gone, critting the location for either death or dismemberment.
mudchucker

mudchucker to demir

Premium Member

to demir
said by demir:

Yesterday, I sold the Atlas and made a missle boat from an AWS-8R. It worked well for a few rounds (200-300+) but sort of underwhelmed (staying a constant 60-70 damage a round for 10+ rounds) because of pugs and had heat issues I couldn't fix until I could afford DHS.

I did much better after I exchanged the 4 LRM15 for 2 LRM20 and added 2 ML and a LL + Artemis + BAP + DHS + Ferro. One thing that bothers me is it's toooooooo slow. Gonna have to upgrade the motor.

Also ---- why oh why does GXP take so long to earn?

I also logged on last night around 9 and nobody was on the skype conf . . .do you guys live on the east coast or go to bed early or what?

I take advantage of the XP to GXP convert sales

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

That's what most people do. Officially it's because it's supposed to be endgame stuff - GXP for modules, that is.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
So I broke down and bought a Jager-S ...and I gotta say, I'm liking it. It's cheese, but very effective. 2 AC20 and 2 ML setup with a standard 245,(all I had on hand, I think). Only went with 2 ML as it allowed me to beef it up armor wise. I may try and go 4 ML and back the armor down, since I first started with an XL in it, and was getting blown to bits all over the place, but honestly, the ac20's are the real show anyway and the ML's are just for when I'm in cool down or OOA.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Nice. How fast is it?

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

60-ish, before speed tweak, I think...and honestly, I find that it gets me there in almost the perfect amount of time, to keep my Rambo syndrome in check. I've already had some very good rounds (500+) with it and its not even basic'd out yet.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Yeah that's pretty fast. Nice!
Are you finding ammo capacity an issue?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
Going Rambo is not a syndrome. It is a release that one should strive for!

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Not really...I've got..5 tons,I think. 30 rounds, so 15 dual shots, but as long as you make them count, it's not an issue. 20 matches so far and think I ran OOA ONCE or twice and that was with early sniping.
Koil

Koil to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
Yeah, but then there's dat feels when you're charging gloriously onto the field of battle. The drums of war pounding in your ears as you release an epic cry for death...

...Only to realize your team is 2 klicks back and are suddenly very busy checking their firing configuration.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

Not really...I've got..5 tons,I think. 30 rounds, so 15 dual shots, but as long as you make them count, it's not an issue. 20 matches so far and think I ran OOA ONCE or twice and that was with early sniping.

That is why I don't like the Jager-S for an AC20 boat, you give up way too much ammo for it to matter, I carry 7 tons (49 shots) the same 2 ML and max armor on my K2 I go t a bit slower but it has a lot more armor.

What I did on my Jager is I put 2 AC10 with 150 ammo (need to veryfy but its a lot) 4 ML an XL295 engine (from my raven 3L), max armor and it goes way faster (75 kph).

My 2c.