to TheRul
I can go later, too. 11pm? Midnight?

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Gevurah

to Gevurah
i'll be logging in this week to practice if anyone is interested in joining a group.

what do you want me in the lance gev? assaults again?

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Let's do a few block to see how you like the new meta/where you stack up. At this point I think every person we can get the better.

Also about the start time - If you want to go later guys that's not a problem. Just let me know if anyone can't do 11p, and if you can't tell me if 9p works better so I can do a head count.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

I can likely make it either time. I will let you know if that changes.

I would say i will bring the PPC stalker, but let's see how the meta changes with the slope speed changes.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Hello MechWarriors!

Servers will be coming down at 10am PDT and will be down for up to three hours. I will update as soon as we return. Patchnotes will be added soon.

See you starside, folks!

PATCHNOTES:

UPDATE

Greetings MechWarriors,

So we have gone and done it again! Victor Hero is releasing first and what a beauty it is. Having The Dragon Slayer in your Mech lab will probably melt your face off with pure "Mech goodness". Then again, if you don't buy one, someone else will and they'll melt your face off in battle. The 30 percent C-Bill boost doesn't hurt either. Did you know with a hero Mech and a Premium account you can literally** swim in C-Bills? Sometimes I upgrade and downgrade double heat-sinks just to have a laugh and burn through some C-Bills.
Oh boy It's the ATLAS Champion! Want to try the Atlas RS build that was the Piranha Favourite for much of closed beta? Here you go! It's a mostly-brawler, sometimes sniper build we found very, very fun. So go check it out!

Hey look some Cockpit Items! Mech Statues. Enjoy!

Hey Look a new Mech Pattern! Tartan!...Bless you.... Thank you... You're Welcome!

We have some interesting gameplay tweaks that are going to change how you play. Movement on inclined surfaces and a new overheat mechanic so watch your heat or you might get beat.

Various other Items are all in the patch notes for you to read so go ahead and read them!
See you on the Battlefield!

Matt Newman
**and by literally I really mean figuratively swimming in C-Bills

Content

New Hero Mech

"Dragon Slayer" VTR-DS
• Tonnage: 80
• Engine: 330 XL
o Top Speed: 66.8 kph
o Max Engine Rating: 400
• Torso Movement:
o 90 degrees to each side.
o 20 degrees up and down.
• Arm Movement:
o 20 degrees to each side.
o 30 degrees up and down.
• Armor: 494 (Standard)
• Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
• Weapons & Equipment:
o Left Arm: PPC
o Left Torso: SRM 6
o Right Torso: Medium Pulse Laser x2
o Right Arm: Gauss Rifle
• Hardpoints:
o Left Arm: 1 Energy
o Left Torso: 2 Missile
o Right Torso: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
o Right Arm: 2 Ballistic
• Heat Sinks: 14 Double
• Jump Jets: 4 (4 Max)
• ECM Capable?: No
• Module Slots: 2
• 30% C-Bill Bonus

New Trial Champion Mech

Atlas AS7-RS©
• Tonnage: 100
• Engine: 325
o Top Speed: 52.6 kph
o Max Engine Rating: 360
• Torso Movement:
o 80 degrees to each side.
o 16 degrees up and down.
• Arm Movement:
o 40 degrees to each side.
o 30 degrees up and down.
• Armor: 608 (Standard)
• Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
• Weapons & Equipment:
o Left Arm: Medium Laser x2, AMS
o Left Torso: LRM 15 w/ Artemis IV FCS x2
o Right Torso: Gauss Rifle
o Right Arm: Medium Laser x2
• Hardpoints:
o Left Arm: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
o Left Torso: 2 Missile
o Right Torso: 1 Ballistic
o Right Arm: 2 Energy
• Heat Sinks: 13 Double
• Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
• ECM Capable?: No
• Module Slots: 2

New Trial Mechs

• Commando COM-2D
• Blackjack BJ-1X
• Catapult CPLT-C4
• Atlas AS7-RS©

Cockpit Items
• Jagermech Statue.
• Trebuchet Statue.

New Skin
• Tartan skin.

Gameplay
• New Movement Archetypes.
o Mechs are now unable to traverse slopes greater than 45°
o Mechs will now slow down when climbing slopes from 20° to 45°, depending on mech size.
• Critical Heat Damage System.
o Mechs reaching 120% heat will start taking damage to their center torso at (0.75 damage + (0.001 damage per tonne) + (0.001 damage per engine rating)) / 1.5 sec.
o The damage will continue until heat drops below 100%. This damage will occur both during an automatic shutdown and when overriding shutdown.
o To indicate this heat damage is being applied, a yellow siren light will turn on inside the cockpit.

User Interface
• Now showing all three lances on the EoR Screen.
• Changed all references to "Team Commander" to "Company Commander".
• Minor clean up for Lance UI.

Bug Fixes
• Quickdraw will now have jump jet effects.
• Fixed an issue where LRMs shot at close range & off target were causing the missiles to perform a gravity whip maneuver.
• Heavy Metal will no longer play it's on kill music if the mech if it's not fully powered.
• Fixed an issue where LRM volleys would share the same spread pattern when firing from a weapon with a small tube count - ie. LRM15 from a 6 tube launcher. Subsequent volleys will now have a different spread.
• Fixed an issue with SRMs and closed weapon doors. SRMs would launch instantly on the client from a weapon with closed weapon doors; however, the server would properly delay the shot to simulate the weapon doors opening. This could result in missiles colliding on the local client but not register any damage. This fix will now open the doors properly before firing. Please NOTE: This issue ONLY occurred with SRMS being fired from launchers WITH CLOSED weapon doors.

General
• Jenner Founder has a new pattern, with this pattern comes the ability to color it as well. Other Founder Mechs will be getting the same treatment and will come in later patches.
• Added environmental sounds to the levels.
• Updated spawn locations so lance mates will spawn together.
• Improvements to 'Mech damage glow.
• Re-enable F9 button to display the FPS and users location.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!
- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Ooooh an Atlas RS champion!

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

o Mechs reaching 120% heat will start taking damage to their center torso at (0.75 damage + (0.001 damage per tonne) + (0.001 damage per engine rating)) / 1.5 sec.
o The damage will continue until heat drops below 100%. This damage will occur both during an automatic shutdown and when overriding shutdown.
o To indicate this heat damage is being applied, a yellow siren light will turn on inside the cockpit.

There it is.

That is a game-breaker for skill-less PPC boats right there. That's going to absolutely butcher 80% of the guys using it.

Coupled with the terrain changes means much harder 'pop over a hill peek and snipe' for bigger boating mechs.

Should be interesting

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Good. When I overheat in my PPC boat, it's because I fired at 78% heat instead of 72% heat, so it probably won't bite me too badly. Although I don't know how much the terrain change will affect the meta until I see it...

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

At bare minimum, the 6xPPC stalker builds will be absolutely gone. But realistically those who aren't completely tuned with their heat levels will suffer as well - this means most of the FIRE ALL THE PEW PEW alpha mashers are gonna have a bad day, especially with reduction in available cover options for less mobile (cough cough stalker cough) mechs.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

I'm really thinking that these 2 changes are going to cause massive changes in the way MWO is played....it's going to be a big deal, both of them. Tourmaline, Canyon, and Alpine are going to be played COMPLETELY differently now.

Interesting to say the least.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Buhahaha... the last 3 or 4 patches are making me super happy. Penalties to boating, penalty to heat, shaking during jump jets, improved SPLs, the new terrain changes, improved heat vision...

Already I'm seeing much better games and lights and mediums are becoming more popular. Now these constant 3 catapults, 3 stalkers 2 atlas teams are finally going to go disappear. Assaults are supposed to be scary as shit, but they also require real planning and careful maneuvering... you don't just walk, snipe and alpha like there is no tomorrow, overheat 50 times while constantly using alpha strikes at 90% heat and live to win the game.

Like Gev said, a lot of people are going to have a bad time now. And I'll enjoy evert moment of it.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
250MB patch

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Luckily it is not the only thing I pilot. However I am going to stick with it and see how it turns out. I already have an idea on how to run those maps, with several paths plotted.

Canyon will be tough, as any assault without jumpjets will be valley bound for the most part except for key ramp locations.

I run the ERPPC and LPL stalker now, and have always tried to keep it as heat effecient as possible, even though I overheat a fair amount.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I think your play style will be unaffected. But the hang back and snipe meta is pretty much dead in the water.. if not now, then soon because on twitter they just advised:

Outreach News @Outreach_News 1h
@pgi_thegarth Is the overheating damage just step one with the rest coming next patch?
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
TheGarth @pgi_thegarth 26m
@Outreach_News Essentially - this was a major step so we wanted it in ASAP.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
Our STK-M's will be just as deadly. LRM, Gauss+ERPPC, and two LLs? Can-do! Or swap the Gauss for AC20 if you need more short-range oomph.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I think the slope speed change is more significant to stop it. You can not get to ridiculous high points anymore, unless you have jump jets.

In conjunction with that, less mechs will be visible since they will be bound to lower terrain, and line of sight visibility is limited. Poking and peek and fire will still occur arround corners, if people think that is going away completely, it is not. Yes alphas, or rate of alphas are limited due to heat mechanic, but it will still happen.

I'll continue to play pseudo tank, or damage dealer if I am not getting focused. My success occurs between 100-500m anyway.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
From the times I saw you, you will be fine without needing to change anything. The people that will get really hit are the ones who go into fight, shoot once or twice and are shutting down. Turn on back up, heat is still at 90%+, and they alpha again with their 4-6 PPCs. Or the ones who just stand on a hill and PPC snipe, mashing alpha till they shutdown, then go back up, rinse and repeat.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Just did a quick match, and got canyon....the speed decrease is very noticeable on ledges, and climbing out wasn't an option. It was also interesting, as in the middle of fighting, and atlas fell off and had no choice but to back out through the canyon, dying on his retreat....muahahah

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

I might have to rethink my SPLs and maybe add MPLs or LPLs now... climbing the hills and shooting down sounds like a fun plan.

I'll have see how quickly I can climb up though. Maybe it can make a hit and run even better, if I can quickly drop down, blast them with SPLs and climb back out by the time they turned around, that will be fun as well.
ekster

ekster

Premium Member

Also, this could make jump jets a lot more useful. Up to now, I rarely needed, or bothered, with more than 1 JJ. I might have to reconsider and start using 3-4 with the new changes, which means I might need to lose some armour or weapons.
This is making planning a bit harder and more fun.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I don't think I've ever had a mech with JJ... :-\

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

the lights need the jj's to make them unpredictable. I have removed them from the catapults

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
lol everyone has different styles.

Personally, I can't play a mech without JJs. Only one I have without is the Cicada... and it drives me nuts to see all those little spots (especially the river part in River City) that I can't get over and have walk around or die trying, while I just press space for a second and pop over in all my other mechs.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Energystream

to Energystream
Agreed energy, but bear in mind the biggest reason why stalkers are popular are the high-mounted arms. Being able to pop over a steep ridge in alpine, fade back, rinse/repeat with near-instant full damage long range weapons (PPCs) was a pretty great thing.

Now they'll be on even footing with other platforms. JJ's will be more useful, if only for positioning.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos

Premium Member

Awesome, cant wait to jump on tonight. I can make it Friday night if you need me.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Stalker doing fine, more conservative and group playing so far is nice.

2 ERPPC and 2 LL are my setup now, and it works great.