uniqs

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: Mech Warrior Online

do we have an idea on who is going to be there tonight and what time everything actually starts. i'm calling in a favor and having my replacement come into work early so i can go home and play, lol.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I don't think I can make it...if I show up and there is room, I'll gladly jump in, but can't count on me to be there tonight. Sorry!!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Someone did a mechwarrior cockpit mockup with some pics, check it out:

»www.reddit.com/r/battles ··· station/

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Very nice. Not a full mechpit, but just like a semi-mechpit. I like the cockpit build - it's similar to what I want in terms of style, though I want functional switches in mine. I'm still working out how to get past certain limitations in the arduino for my project.

Also how to get the interior built the way I want. Though I'm making slow progress on that front. Turns out building an enclosed box is easier than building custom interior panels that look reasonably professional. Who knew? (sic)

As to 8v8 - seems we have no problem getting 4 on at a time, but getting the other 4 is problematic. Gonna have to figure out a solution there.
Gevurah

Gevurah

Wait. Some of that is functional.
Badass.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos

Premium Member

I would be divorced for sure if I built one of those, unless I built the wife a matching one for watching netflix... Hmm. I might be onto something here.

If you need any help with Arduino let me know. I'm not an expert or anything, but I have built a few robots with it. And if your an expert let me know! So I can bug you next time I get stuck.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Not an expert by any stretch. Pretty noob, I just happen to be a semi-decent c programmer. So the language comes naturally. The problem is I have a really, really shitty base in electronics.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

As to 8v8 - seems we have no problem getting 4 on at a time, but getting the other 4 is problematic. Gonna have to figure out a solution there.

Apologies for not making it. I should have asked when it finally ended up being scheduled.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

That was just too early for me. At least on that day.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Which day? I'm confused, I know we talked about something, but I didn't see anything confirmed or get a message on skype...

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

My last comment: "Let's do a few block to see how you like the new meta/where you stack up. At this point I think every person we can get the better.

Also about the start time - If you want to go later guys that's not a problem. Just let me know if anyone can't do 11p, and if you can't tell me if 9p works better so I can do a head count."

Friday 9 or 11p. I basically didn't get enough firm answers so just hung out between that timeframe to see who was on, if we had enough or close to I could bug people since the times were somewhat muddy for a few.

I've had the distinct pleasure of setting up raids back in TBC/Wrath for WOW and running them as well as numerous arena teams. When you have a small group like this without firm commitment times by several the approach I took *USUALLY* works ok. Lack of participation means I probably need to recruit more active members or get on people's asses.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Friday. That was the last I heard of it.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Likely the same, without a firm schedule or commitment, you will need a larger pool.

We did have some good games, but that was in a pug environment with only 4 people.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Just to be clear - it probably would have helped to have actually posted a firm commitment time instead of thinking it in my head and expecting dslr to post it. So yeah. I'm an idjit :P

Is friday ok with people still? We can just go between 9-11 friday's (EST) as a 'group outing' since that's what the original 1sthussars site survey said as the most viable time. Well, that and sunday.

So those are my two 'big nights'. Try to plan on being on if possible for either so we can try to get some groups going.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

I will plan to be on.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I am traveling this week but will be on if the hotel wifi cooperates.
demir
Premium Member
join:2010-07-15
usa

demir to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
After August, going forward, 9-11 EST will be too early for me to attend any group outing. Sorry, just not going to happen, ever.

If we started the outing at 11 EST, I could regularly attend.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I personally play till the wee hours. People showing up after 11 are fine by me - after all life happens and what not.
Gevurah

Gevurah

Reposted from my thread on the mwomercs forums and also at »1sthussars.ihostinghq.co ··· uild-qpm

So this mech started off with me absolutely hating it. I had something like a .1 KDR on it (Current average by comparison is 1.20 even with 2500 kills). I tried the typical 5 ML/2SRM6, 2streak/2LL/etc builds ... and it just wasn't doing it. It tried to be too hard to act like a heavy when it obviously wasn't. It overheated often, had no real advantages vs cents/cicadas/etc.

So out of sheer desperation I started throwing parts at it to see what stuck.

This is what I ended up with:

»mwo.smurfy-ne...7f95ecf619d8831

And it works; hilariously well.

2 LRM10 + Artemis
3 Medium lasers for brawling (No TAG, that's a personal choice)
STD 250
ENDO, FERRO, DHS, ARTEMIS

Why it works:
The relatively high speed of this build (81kph), the high mount points of the missile launchers, the small tubes (turn out is an advantage see below), moderate durability of the hunchback platform, two separate mount points for launchers (VS the 4J which has a single hunch, making it easy to disable), even the standard engine vs typical XLs used in trebuchets makes for a good support mech.

Regarding the smaller launcher tubes, it's a trade off. Against heavy AMS you lose out. Against moderate/light/no AMS you can set the two launchers into chain fire and effectively hit them 4 times per volley for lots of screen juggling action. This helps prevent effective return fire and has saved my bacon numerous times.

Current stats for comparison:
HUNCHBACK HBK-4SP MP 31 MW 19 ML 12 W/L 1.58 K 28 D 10 K/DR 2.80

(and climbing - went from 2.44 to 2.8 yesterday alone lol)

One addendum - since making the switch I've put in over 25 kills and only died 3-5 times. So I expect this will show out over a longer sample period.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I am a huge fan of the 4SP version with 5ML 2SRM6, so much that I recommend it to every new player out there as their first mech.

I like this build a lot I will give it a try when I can play MW again.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I am guessing that the majority of your kills are from the LRM's.

It is an intersting build, I will have to try it out with my SP. Right now I have the 5 ML, with 2 SRM 4's to max out the engine and provide a few more heat sinks.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I found 5 ML's was far too hot to run regularly and SRMs might as well have been spitballs.

I like popping the tip top of my head over a hill, firing lrms and the head laser then backing off. I will definitely agree that the vast bulk of my kills are from LRMs, though I've done my fair share of end-game brawling with 3 ML's.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

1 edit

Moos

Premium Member

I'll see if I can digup how I had my 4sp setup when I placed in the top ten in a medium tourney. I think I saved it somewhere. If I remember right I had 3 large lasers and 2 mediums. Let me check.

I'll have to give lrms a try.

*Here it is. »mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechla ··· 8046a844

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I like this. Thanks for sharing.

Mentat
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Houston, TX

Mentat to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
How I never got around to playing this game, I have no idea.
I've been fucking around with it for a week or so and have purchased two Mechs so far, the Jaegermech -S and a Stalker -3F.

I played the shit out of Battletech back in the day and read lots of the novels, so I'm almost embarrassed that it has taken me so long to get into this game. I've had a ton of fun and feel competent enough to now dip my toes into some group play. I rock dual AC10/4xML on my Jaeger and 2xSRM6/2xLRM10/2xLL/2xML (IIRC) on my Stalker.

Hit me up on here or on 'Painkiller' in game.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Good to have you. When are yo usually on?

Mentat
Premium Member
Houston, TX

Mentat

Premium Member

9 or 10 PM-2 AM CST weeknights, all weekend.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Good choices in mechs imo

Loadouts are definately different from the "norm"

But I use cheese builds most of the time anyway, and non-standard builds to keep it interesting.

Mentat
Premium Member
Houston, TX

Mentat

Premium Member

I have purposely foregone trying to min/max and spreadsheeting, just because once I start doing that my fun seems to diminish.

Trial and error has served me well so far, even though I get raped by long range sniping-type Mechs regardless of my build it seems.

Closing the distance while trailing a big Atlas when I'm on my Jaeger has paid off the best so far, and softening up any Mech other than another assault class on my Stalker with the LRMs, then blowing the fuck out of them up close has worked well also.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Per: »mwomercs.com/forums/topi ··· le-july/

Greetings MechWarriors

As you may be aware we've been working to open up Public Test Servers to the MWO Community. This gives us an opportunity to open up builds to you that preview features that are not yet fully production ready to allow us to get earlier feedback and find issues around large features before they make they're way to the Production Servers.

Any questions about how the Test Servers operate can be found here.

It is important to note that Test Servers only run on set days at set times, the purpose of this forum is to convey the planned dates and times of any upcoming tests. So please check back regularly to see what new tests are planned. We will generally try to update this as soon as we expect a build to be ready for public test but please note that all tests are subject to change, if we encounter last minute issues with a test build.

So without further ado here is the current planned Test Schedule for the remainder of July:

12 vs. 12 Thursday 11th July 10am - 12pm and 4pm - 6pm

12 vs. 12 Thursday 18th July 10am - 12pm and 4pm - 6pm

12 vs. 12 Thursday 25th July 10am - 12pm and 4pm - 6pm

All Public Test Times are in PDT

After each test please ensure you fill out the provided Feedback Form, this is actively monitored by the development team and will help inform future changes.

If haven't already downloaded the Test Server Installer it can be found here