PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah

Re: Mech Warrior Online

Yeah, it will be nice that my Misery will no longer by my only viable option for an assault, once again.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Pretty close actually.

Stock build has 2LL 4ML, but only a 255 engine, i forgo the LL for mobility by have a 300 engine.

Kris,
They stated the ERPPC and PPC share the heat penalty. So only 2 of any PPC is allowed.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Energystream:

Kris,
They stated the ERPPC and PPC share the heat penalty. So only 2 of any PPC is allowed.

Ah, good!

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I wouldn't worry too much about splat cats. The heat penalty for SRM6 starts at 3.

However you could have 4 srm4 and 2 srm6 or 3 and 3, which would insult my OCD

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Or three SRM6 and three SSRM2, if the heat penalty is shared between SRM2/4/6. That would still be a 48 damage alpha.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Which is reasonable. For perspective, the original splatcat with 6xSRM6 at 2.5 damage, the alpha was 90 points.

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

PATCH NOTES JULY 16TH, 2013
Open Beta Update #21

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday July 16th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: 1.2.231

Change Log

UPDATE

Greetings MechWarriors

Top 10 Awesome things in this patch. #inmyopinion

Number 10. Visual bug Fixes – Bye Bye Flickering terrain! #thatisbetter

Number 9. Performance Improvements! We’ve been hard at work optimizing the code so 12 v 12 won’t hurt your frames as much. #cantwaitfor12vs12

Number 8. The Victor is available for C-bills now! Those with mech bays and fat C-bill accounts are recommended to purchase this ‘Mech immediately. #greatmech

Number 7. Victor Customization – Now that you own a Victor, it’s time to customize your mech. I recommend Buccaneer! #lookinggood

Number 6. The Atlas Champion is on sale. Stacking XP boosts from a Champion ‘Mech and a Premium Account can get you all the XP you need to Elite this mech. #getthosemodules

Number 5. Jump jet crosshair shake frequency has been reduced. #nomotionsick

Number 4. Testing Ground Map Selection - Finally you can pick which map you're testing your mech in! #choices

Number 3. Streak SRM Targeting – This is pretty in depth so you may want to Read how it works in the patch notes #hitallthethings

Number 2. SRM Damage buff – I can figuratively hear you cheering! #brawlingahoy

And the Number 1 awesome thing in this patch.

Heat Scaling – I’m not going to spoil this but go you should read up how it works in the patch notes. #gamechanger

There you have it MechWarriors!

See you on the battlefield!

Matt Newman

Content

New 'Mechs

Victor VTR-9K

- Tonnage: 80
- Engine: 320
- Top Speed: 64.8 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 385
- Torso Movement:
- 90 degrees to each side.
- 20 degrees up and down.
- Arm Movement:
- 20 degrees to each side.
- 30 degrees up and down.
- Armor: 400 (Standard)
- Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: Medium Pulse Laser x2
- Left Torso: SRM 4, CASE
- Right Torso: CASE
- Right Arm: Gauss Rifle
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 3 Energy
- Left Torso: 2 Missile
- Right Torso: 1 AMS
- Right Arm: 1 Ballistic
- Heat Sinks: 15 Single
- Jump Jets: 4 (6 Max)
- ECM Capable?: No
- Module Slots: 2

Victor VTR-9B

- Torso Movement:
- Arm Movement:
- 10 degrees to each side.
- Armor: 368 (Standard)
- Internal Structure: Standard
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: Medium Laser x2
- Left Torso: SRM 4
- Right Arm: AC/20
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 2 Energy
- Right Arm: 3 Ballistic
- Jump Jets: 4 (4 Max)

Victor VTR-9S

- Torso Movement:
- Arm Movement:
- 10 degrees to each side.
- Armor: 336 (Standard)
- Internal Structure: Standard
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: Medium Laser x2
- Left Torso: SRM 6
- Right Arm: AC/20
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 2 Energy
- Left Torso: 3 Missile
- Right Arm: 2 Ballistic
- Jump Jets: 4 (4 Max)

New Champion Mech

Atlas AS7-RS(C)

- Tonnage: 100
- Engine: 325
- Top Speed: 52.6 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 360
- Torso Movement:
- 80 degrees to each side.
- 16 degrees up and down.
- Arm Movement:
- 40 degrees to each side.
- Armor: 608 (Standard)
- Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: Medium Laser x2, AMS
- Left Torso: LRM 15 w/ Artemis IV FCS x2
- Right Torso: Gauss Rifle
- Right Arm: Medium Laser x2
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 1 Ballistic
- Right Arm: 2 Energy
- Heat Sinks: 13 Double
- Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
- 10% XP Bonus

Gameplay

Heat Scale Addition

Heat scale has been added to certain weapon systems. This is a heat penalty applied to weapons that are fired in an Alpha Strike manner. The following chart shows the MAXIMUM number of that weapon type that you can fire at the same time with no heat penalty.

Weapon System Max No-Heat Penalty Alpha Scale Multiplier
PPC 2 7.0
ERPPC 2 4.5
ML 6 1.0
LL 2 2.8
AC/20 1 24.0
SRM2 4 1
SRM4 4 1
SRM6 3 1
LRM15 2 2.8
SSRM 4 1.0

Maximum Heat Threshold

You will now take internal damage at 100+% heat. Reduced from 120%

SRM Damage Buff

SRM damage increased from 1.5 to 2.0

(Note: This is for SRMs only, not SSRMs)

Streak Missile Changes

Streak missiles will now target limbs more directly instead of near the joints. There are now 7 distinct locations a streak can target, the locations have been placed in the arms, legs, and left/right/center torso. The current weighting for a mech with all it's components is as follows:

Component %
Left Arm 15
Right Arm 15
Left Leg 15
Right Leg 15
Left Torso 12
Right Torso 12
Center Torso 16
TOTAL 100

As arms become destroyed, the weighting will be rebalanced proportionally. For example, if the right arm and or left arm of a target has been destroyed, the new weighting will be as follows:

Component % Component %
Left Arm 18 (Left Arm) 0
(Right Arm) 0 (Right Arm) 0
Left Leg 18 Left Leg 24
Right Leg 18 Right Leg 24
Left Torso 13.8 Left Torso 15.6
Right Torso 13.8 Right Torso 15.6
Center Torso 18.4 Center Torso 20.8
TOTAL 100 TOTAL 100

Some other notes on the new streaks:

- Legs that are destroyed will still be targeted by streaks.
- If an arm is initially targeted but is destroyed before the streak connects, it will auto target the neighbouring torso piece instead.

Bug Fixes

- Improved terrain flickering on all maps.
- Fixed an issue where users who used a Saitek x52 joystick experienced dead zones.
- Fixed an issue when chain firing AC 5 where the fourth shot would be delayed even though users should have been able to fire.
- Artillery Strike and Airstrike will cause the camera to shake when 'Mech takes damage.
- If a user is zooming, in thermal vision or night vision while power down in testing grounds, the camera will reset to default.
- More optimization to bandwidth.
- Fixed an issue were Streaks rockets would appear to 'orbit' on client machines.

General

- Now clicking on "Testing Grounds" in the mode select menu will bring up a dialog that allows users to select what level they wish to play.
- Reduced cross-hair shake frequency while jump-jetting
- Certain cockpit items will now animate when you power down/power up your 'Mech.
- Catapult Founder has a new pattern, with this pattern comes the ability to color it as well.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

If they keep it up with the hashtags I am going to make targeting the devs a #1 priority on the battlefield. Not that we don't all bumrush the devs anyways when we see them playing.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Decent patch, should shake things up a bit. BTW Kris, the combined PPC heat penalty will be in the June 30th patch

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Holy shit 24 heat for double AC20 ... FUFUFUFUUUU wow

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Gevurah:

Holy shit 24 heat for double AC20 ... FUFUFUFUUUU wow

FUUUUUUU x 2

I am so sad right now.

Double AC10 with tons of lasers it is.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Or gauss +AC20.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I'm sticking with dual gauss. It's supremely effective on a jager.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I don't like weapon and ammo (when not on the leg) explosions next to my XL innards.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Shrug. It's happened maybe once out of 50 games with this build and I survived it, shockingly enough.
To each their own. Alternately you could run:

6MG
2xAC10+MG
2xLBX+MG (my favorite of the bunch)
Quad AC2 (another favorite)
Quad AC5 (very powerful, not my cup of tea tho)
2xUAC5 2xAC2

Still tons of choices. Or you can just learn to chain fire your ac20's :P

RavenX11R6
join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6

gonna have to rebuild the firebrand... testing to see how it runs on this patch, here's hoping its playable

also lemme know what time, i'll go see pacific rim again

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Played with several builds last night after discovering macro AC/2 spam is definitely getting a heat penalty. Gauss is not, or if it is it's so negligible it doesn't matter. I am absolutely in love with my new Jager setup. I had *3* 800+ dmg games in a row, along with a 600 pointer before, and a 500 damage after. It's remarkably consistent damage and I was racking up kills like crazy.

The build is 2xAC5 2xAC2 2xML. I wouldn't think it'd work but I was downing assaults like they were nothing. Heat is non existent compared to a quad AC2 build. I can just simply spam all four guns simultaneously and go non stop for a long while. Adding the lasers adds more heat than the guns, methinks. What a nasty bugger though.

Other fun new-meta builds:
Gauss + 3LPL +3 SSRM on my highlander 732 (WUB WUB WUB)

Centurion CN9A broke out of retirement for a few games with it's 1xMG, 2xML 3xSRM6+art - did very well too. Had fun 3-5-shotting victors/jagers.

ETC. Different meta, but definitely interesting.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Played several games last night. I didn't have to change my stalker builds, but yea I might have to try that Jaeger build. Might switch the dual ac/20 to dual Gauss.

Brawling is back. SRMS are definately in a good spot in my mind. They can't be ignored, but they aren't OP.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Agreed. Sorry I missed you We're running 4 pretty consistently lately so hop on guys maybe we'll get a second group going!

That said, SRMs are in a pretty sweet spot I think. They seem pretty solid.

One of the new guys was talking about some asshole catapult with all SRMs lol. I had to tell him about the "Splat cat, boomcat, shotgun cat, A1 Steaksauce, etc"

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

I tried out the splat cat. Not as brutal as it used to be. Too squishy for the damage it puts out. Still fun though. I went with 4SRM4 2 SRM6. Thing runs pretty hot, even with a 1.56 heat score.

No worries, I was on from 5:30-7:30 then like 1:45-3:30. I couldn't sleep.

2ERPPC, 1 Gauss and 3 SPL Misery is still fun to play.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Ironically you played like exactly around the window I wasn't playing haha.

That misery build might be the cats meow right now. I think you had some kind of prescience for that one in terms of meta. I'd prob run ML's instead for the extended range, but then again perhaps not. That close range light-swatting power of SPLs sounds decent.

I don't think pulses are going to get this heat index debuff so they seem the easy way to skate around the barriers. That's why I threw the 3 LPLs on my highlander. Damage was *SLIGHTLY* less than running 3 ppc/1 gauss. However, it was far better at close range brawling. I also did reasonably well on shutdowns when chainfiring, since it's heat was steady and controllable. And that was on tourmaline heh. Last night was like 99% tourmaline desert (FFS!)

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

ML's run a little too hot. I can spam 3SPLs and Gauss alphas, and still cool down.

It has been fun, and I have some decent kills off of them. Don't be caught alone or out in the open anymore. Group work 3+ mechs is required. Otherwise your team will get rolled. Dividing the opposing team seems to be their death. I don't know how that has changed so quick. Several games I was in, if I was in open terrain I was dead pretty quick. Cover is needed to retreat while you wait for heat, or for focus to change to another teammate.

Worst game yesterday was on frozen city, my team split up, and their team had 5 lights. That shit is annoying to fight in a stalker.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Heat has always been the 'great decider' for battletech. If they put in some of the more canon heat effects (like slowed movement speed, blurred aim, etc) it'd help even more IMO.

Lightswarms are tough to fight, but the only way I've ever done it effectively in a bigger mech is to back into a wall so they can't shoot my rear armor and unload as they circle around

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos

Premium Member

I played a few 12 vs 12 matches yesterday. Gameplay seemed alright. No large FPS drops or noticeable lag. I'll tell you what though, 2 lights with 10 mechs equipped with some sort of LRM give "Incoming Missiles" an entirely new meaning.... Overall It was a good time and I look forward to it being implemented.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Nice. Didn't get a chance myself. Won't be on tonight until late most likely.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Moos

Premium Member

to Moos
I try to get AMS on all my builds for this reason. Killing as many missles as possible should be a priority.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

I don't know whether I'm annoyed or happy that xmas items are suddenly on sale in july. I mean I know they gotta earn cash but its kind of shitty for those of use who were here for it the right time lol. Oh well. Time to buy an urbie O_O

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Assault vs the World is also this weekend. I'm sure Moos needs more money right?

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Does Moos even own an assault? Honestly between you and Kris it's hard to say who has a better shot at a place if you participate. I'll be sitting it out lol - no time. Gotta build a rabbit hutch, plus the lanparty on 20th, etc.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Going to play normally when I get home, but with the Lan party, I do not have the time to grind. With the changes in SRM'
Kris has a better shot with the DDC.