Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie

Re: Mech Warrior Online

said by Jobbie:

Yeah I've seen this when I bring my Hunch and you get your Centurion or Raven's Flame we usually work really well on.

Everyone who is playing in our group should work on having one of each weight class to roll with.

I still want people to pick up some LRM boats. I don't think an LRM boat count as a weight class. When I think Assault, I think Atlas DDC. I think everyone should experiment the LRM boat at least once though.

Once I get my targeting decay module, I'm going to see if it's possible to upgrade my 4x LRM15s to 4x LRM20s. Does anyone know if the Awesome 8R is capable of equipping 4x LRM20s?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I have my medium and my assault mechs up and ready, next on the queue is the light mech and the heavy will come last.

I tried the LRM boat on my Awesome and didn't get it to work, yes you get high numbers with the right positioning and spotters but you are very vulnerable to lights and other snipers.

I have the LRMs on my mechbay to switch when we decide to try the 4 LRM boats build.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Yeah, I try to scout, but random games usually end up in an all out combat in the middle, so I like to run back and get behind the heavies when that happens.

At that point, I find to be able to really mess around with enemy mechs as their heavies love to waste time trying to shoot down the lights for an easy kill... meanwhile my heavies would pick them apart because they're all in the open trying to chase me.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

1 edit

Exodus to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie

said by Jobbie See Profile
The lights are normally the first ones to go to the front to get scouting information so the medium-heavies can define the kill zone, or get those LRM boats targets to toast.

his game seems to circle around the same mech types, rather than promoting a diverse team. 8x of the same type will probably win out over a diverse team. That's probably because the strategies are more natural and easier to pull off.

8X LRM boats with tag, where each person is 200m away from every other person means that you have this fucking ridiculous umbrella. Stick our head out once and get hit with a tag laser and you'll have 300+ rockets coming your way.

8X Atlas DDCS means that you have ECM protection/negation and you can literally roflstomp your way through anything.

8X Heavies means that you have the firepower to shit on whatever you want. I wonder if the heavy weight class is the weakest of the entire bunch right now. Mediums can pack a similar punch at faster speeds. Assaults can keep similar speeds, higher armor and more gear. The only exception would be the splatacat (Catapult with 6X SRM6).

8X Mediums means you have a swarm of hunchbacks decked out with ridiculous amounts of weapons at speeds that can have you locking down assaults and shooting them in the back, keeping them from hitting you.

8X lights. Lightswarm. The most ridiculous of them all. I think a lightswarm that knows how to focus, flying around mechs like locusts, ignoring the battlefield because they dodge fire, lock down players with ECM and are extremely hard to focus fire. I think this is the most powerful meta right now. With 8 of them, you can make quick work of any mech in seconds. With coordinated focus fire, you can move from target to target. If shit gets real, you go base cap. 8 mechs with fast cap means that you could cap a base in approximately 13.5 seconds with a full team of light mechs. How can you stop that? In fact, I would propose that if we ever got a full team of 8, we perfect our lightswarm. We're close. We regularly have 5-6 on now. It won't take long to get 8-10 on.

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
Agreed. The DK can be outright deadly. One of the guys I run with does a great job with standard 4 ML build plus full armor and high speed. But usually he tags along with my spider and tag teams with me. That way he gets my ECM cover but I get his firepower.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Quote fix plx

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
Heavies and Assaults are pretty interchangeable. Some of the heavies put out more damage than comparable assaults and vice versa. Also, I don't think you can do 4xLRM20.
Gevurah

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
Greatly disagree on the Heavy remarks. You'll see:
Gauss boats
AC20 Cats
SRM cats
Dragon/Gauss sniper builds (2PPC+1Gauss)
2 Gauss cataphracts
ac5 cataphracts
AC2 cataphracts
and the UAC5 ilya is a fricking monster

Just because they're not FOTM doesn't mean they are crap - far from it The only thing it's missing is a solid ECM variant but 1 DDC atlas solves that.
Gevurah

Gevurah

Additional - 4LAS /PPC dragon flame builds
AC5/UAC5 dragon builds (I use one myself and laid down the law last night with it, in fact)

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

I have the LRMs on my mechbay to switch when we decide to try the 4 LRM boats build.

Yeah, sit on it. Make sure you have a tag laser. I think one of the sleeper comps is going to be 4X or 8X LRM boats with TAG. You set that up and you could be ridiculous. The whole thing that makes LRM boats vulnerable completely disappears now because you have an entire team of LRM boats that can bail you out at a moment's notice. The tag laser even negates the ECM.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

except within 180m

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Well, it sounds like I need to check out the heavy class a little more. They do have all the coolest looking weapons in the game. UACs are bad ass and I still think the LB10X is bad ass as well.
Exodus

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

except within 180m

With an LRM team, you make sure you're at least 180m away from every other LRM boat, but able to visibly see several other boats. When one mech gets on you, you do nothing but signal the other mechs and they tag the light mech and shit on them.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I agree with this, my heavy is going to be a ballistics one.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
On my dragon when I don't jam the fire from the AC5 and UAC5 together with the SRM punch causes so much screen rattle/shake they can't even return fire half the time. It's pretty hilarious.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

ac5+uac5+srm6 omg want

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

The build is posted on the 1st Hussars forum under "Gevs beastmode dragon 5n build"

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
All this talk makes me want to reinstall my old MW2/4 games to member some of the mechs I loved to run and re-create them here.

I recall having lots of love for Mad Cat and Mad Dog though!

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
»flyingdebris.deviantart. ··· 55702015 still the best picture ever, just found in image searching for something
Gevurah

Gevurah to Jobbie

to Jobbie
I think I found a picture of you Jobbie, please confirm: »demighoul.tumblr.com/pos ··· 85089/ha

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Holy shit!

That is awesome.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Blockgorilla

Premium Member

to Blockgorilla
»/r0/do ··· hart.png

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

You should update it with some John Madden.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Worked on my Awesome 8R "The Atlas Buster" mech last night, it works really well, its just matter of knowing when to get into the fight. The LLs work great for poking while you close in or those pesky snipers.

One of the best feelings in this game is win a match and end up with your SRM ammo depleted.

It was great to see you on the game and being able to hear you ekster welcome to the group.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

I finally got my Jenner into a decent shape! And can actually outrun almost everyone now that I'm using the XL engine. Plus I managed to move my K/D ratio from 0.5 to 1.1 yesterday.
Even managed to pull one game with some awesome kill steals. I think I had 3 kills, 3 assists and something like 150 in damage.

I still need to get used to using night/heat vision and keeping lasers on other mechs long enough though... but it's a bit hard as MW2 is hard wired into my brains after I spent probably 1000+ hours in it back in the days and I keep thinking it's that game, heh.

Now to figure out if I should keep my 5 lasers and try to lose something else for jets, lose the laser and get jets or forget about the jets altogether.

I'm also sad to lose my cadet bonus so quickly. I managed to get the Jenner pretty quick, but the grind is slow now!

And nice playing with the rest too... though I wasn't talking on the mic much because my wife came home late from a long day and kept talking to me about it... I was distracted for a while, and then she went to bed early so I didn't want to wake her up.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

You get really spoiled on that cadet bonus. There's premium time, but I don't particularly want to sink in any kind of major cash into this game and get caught into that $$$ trap like League of Legends.

I will have to buy some new mech bays eventually.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Worked on my Awesome 8R "The Atlas Buster" mech last night

god I hate those mechs.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Last night, we were on the verge of having 8 players for a full premade. I think the stars will line up soon and we'll definitely have it.

I would love to have a lightswarm. Spiders, Ravens, Cicadas (close enough), Jenners, Commandos... everywhere.

ECM coverage, jump jets, focus fire on targets, hard as hell to hit.

Or we could all get fast cap and sit on enemy base and cap it in 13.5 seconds.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

The 4v3 we did in the unsuccessful sync-drop was certainly fun. We were one player shy of a pre-made.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
One of the maps we played yesterday was practically a light swarm, as even the randoms we were with were all lights.

I think the heaviest one we had was 60 tonnes. I was surprised at how easily the assaults were taken down with barely any damage at all to us. Light swarms are scary as shit.