Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gevurah

join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: Mech Warrior Online

Embarrassing is building a centurion cn9-a completely drunk and then playing it the next day only to ask Raven HOLY CRAP WTF WAS I DOING

That mech was a disaster *facepalm*

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
MACHINE GUNS AND LRMS RIGHT NOW

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

How hard is this game mechanically to pull off?

Mech games intimidate me.

Man give it a try, it is free ("so free") matches are between 6-8 minutes, fast paced and lots of fun,no respawn, there is no rage involved.

You just need to find the type of mech that fits your style and get it on.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to ekster
said by ekster:

Hunchback, as cool as 9 lasers is, is not my thing. 6 hard points on a single part would make it too useless too easily.

Yeah that is the 4J the one I am rocking right is the 4SP it now has 2 lasers on each arm, one laser on the head, and 2 "hunches" on left and right torso for the SRM's.

There is no way that I could be alive and out of weapons.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to ekster
said by ekster:

as cool as 9 lasers is, is not my thing. 6 hard points on a single part would make it too useless too easily.

You know what's awesome? Getting hit in the shoulder and seeing all but one medium laser go red in your loadout.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Yeah 80-84 kph is a very decent speed for running around capping.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Archivis
Hey now, Raven killed an awesome with the small laser on his hunchies head once. That was pretty wicked.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Krisnatharok
Oh, I just noticed that the Blackjack is one of the upcoming mechs.
That would be a super fun one for me. It can be a real killer up close in a 1 vs 1 fight.
(That's if the flamers are working properly in this game. I never saw anyone use them so far.)

RavenX11R6

@myvzw.com
reply to Jobbie
ya know the only real downside to any hunchback is if you are alone you're dead... that said the most well balanced is the 4sp... all the others are all but crippled once that shoulder goes cause the arms are soon to go after but don't ever underestimate the head laser cause its usually pretty awesome when you need it most

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by RavenX11R6 :

ya know the only real downside to any hunchback is if you are alone you're dead...

I learned this the bad way best is to be at least with a teammate if you are faster or hang up with the bulk of your team to focus fire. Gev and I tried both strats last night we went together to a node cap spree but our team would get slaughtered without our firepower.

It is better to have a DSLR registered account so your posts are not stuck in the queue.
--

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
Well what was happening is we'd be playing objectives and our team would fold, and it'd be 7-8 on 2.

Not much you can do there.

Also guys I added a forum topic on the 1sthussars page under announcements regarding 8 mans. Please answer the questionnaire at your convenience
Thanks.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Jobbie
It is really funny seeing people on their heavies trying focus Gev's Dragon instead of my Awesome until is really late.
--

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to ekster
I only have seen in used three times in matches. Only once on me, and that is when I realized it can drive the mech heat up and force a shut down which I thought was pretty slick.

I don't think it does too much damage, seems more of a lock-down tool. Having 1 person in a light swarm would be interesting to paralize the swarm target.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
Yeah, the flamer was never about damage. It was there only to shut down the enemy mech and have an easy picking... It's especially useful on brawlers and guys like catapults.

Did it drive up your heat significantly faster vs normal use? I'll add it to my jenner just for fun if it works well.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Jobbie
Was slightly less than funny for me hahahaha

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I bet! muahahahaha

ekster the implementation of the flamer in MWO does not really work in only adds a 2% heat (not cummulative) and more flamers don't increase the heat rate at all.
--

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to ekster
It is tough to tell, I was ironically in my splatcat, getting it from a stalker.

The splatcat has the tendency to overheat after 4-8 volleys depending on the temperature of the map. It was forest colony normal which i think is mid temp (6 volleys). I think I only got off 2-3 volleys before shutting down, and it was a noticeable WTF moment.

While shutting down I noticed flame to my face.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
yeah.. except 2-3 volleys and god help us 4-8 volleys is enough to nuke anywhere from 1-5 mechs.

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
reply to Jobbie
While it only applies 2 % heat, i believe it doesn't allow for cooling, so you can burn up by using weapons. While not increasing heat, it makes the heat sinks less effective.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Energystream
Splatcat + Atlas Buster

Needs to happen.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

1 recommendation

8x Atlas DDCs, all together.

Make it happen.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Energystream
Hmm, maybe I should grab a flamer and test it out in the field. if it does make that much of a difference... anyone trying to shoot me with lasers or anything else and missing while I run around would make a significant difference.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
I'd take 4 DDC's, but 8 would get rolled on conq maps. You need SOME kind of mobility, at least.

4 assaults, 2 heavies, and 2 fast movers (mediums or lights) would work very well.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to ekster
Plus if I manage to shut down the light mechs that are chasing our heavies even for a second.... people will love me for it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
We love you regardless.

no homo
--

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to ekster
good luck, but flamers seem to do d*ck to me. Honestly, I'd recommend taking pulse lasers and streak srms if you want to kill lights. Then wait for someone to counter their ECM and boom.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to ekster
said by ekster:

Plus if I manage to shut down the light mechs that are chasing our heavies even for a second.... people will love me for it.

By the way you didn't sound canadian on skype, we should hear a sorry each time you fire a weapon.
--

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Gevurah
I wish, I shot 3 volleys into the back of an atlas and he didn't go down. I am running 5 SRM6 and 1 SRM2, i think lol. It is a high damage build, but you definately need backup, or you get shat on quick. People be all like "fuck this SRM pumping humping shitbox, rape it in the ear", then I be all like

I might buy a little more MC to get the Raven 3L and then I will be saving for a real LRM boat (pretty baby is a decent all round assault).

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Gevurah
Yep, Streaks are the light mech killers.

This is why I love streaks on my Ravens.

Ekster, flames are worthless. They just have a graphical effect right now. They don't actually do anything of significance. At least machine guns are starting to come around.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Energystream
Strats for killing an atlas are on the forums. 3 volleys at 'I'm touching your butt' distance on an atlas should be enough. The math adds up and I've seen it.