Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to demir

Premium Member

to demir

Re: Mech Warrior Online

I don't think #3 is true...else you wouldn't get #2, unless I missed some recent break through.

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to demir

to demir
nah, it's still good. Don't forget when I first started playing I had this same CTF4x but back then it was like 1.8 CD on ac5's. And it was dominating back then. So no bigs. It's a teensy bit slower but very playable.
demir
Premium Member
join:2010-07-15
usa

demir to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
SRM Hit detection was on public test for a number of weeks, but the buff to the cooldowns of the SRM2 and SRM4 wasn't, as far as I know. Anyways - they are both live now.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

»mwomercs.com/forums/topi ··· -112014/

SRMs – Host State Rewind (HSR) still proves to be an issue with this weapon system. This really throws a monkey wrench into tuning this particular weapon group. If I up the damage per missile, we have a problem when HSR does work an all of a sudden a SRM volley is doing crazy amounts of damage. If I tighten the spread on them, we start running into the issue of the closer you are to your target, the higher the probability that all missiles are going to hit a single component (Hello Splat Cat!).

While HSR investigation is still on going, there have been a few breakthroughs in this area. Some people saw one of the fixes in the recent Public Test run and the engineers have told me they found and addressed another significant bug.

There HAS been some headway in the HSR department but it is still undergoing testing and I think I should leave that discussion up to Matt Craig the Technical Director to fill you in on their progress.

Saying that, we are going to decrease the cooldown times on the SRM/4 and SRM/2, meaning that they’ll fire volleys faster. The SRM/4 will fire every 3 seconds, the SRM/2 will fire every 2 seconds. Keep in mind, this is not meant to be a fix for the problem… it’s a slight increase to rounds downrange in hopes that the additional rounds will have a chance to hit making the weapon system slightly more viable.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

They're doing another '5 wins gets free mech and mechbay' deal.
Expand your moderator at work

Tabu 73
join:2014-01-14
Richmond, VA

Tabu 73 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: Mech Warrior Online

SRMs are finally usable again! The game as a whole is about as balanced as I think it could ever be. The new variant of the Thunderbolt is a pretty solid mech. Does anyone here plan on returning once CW is released?

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

i'll give it a shot, but I don't have high hopes.
demir
Premium Member
usa

2 edits

demir to Tabu 73

Premium Member

to Tabu 73
Tabu, I'm still on regularly throughout the week. I agree the game feels balanced now --- even more so than ever before.

The SRM fixes are great, but they are still messing with host state rewind, so it's likely there will be a future buff.

I bought a bunch of Atlases and I'm currently trying to get them to master.

Also mastered out the Wolverine chassis --- my new favorite medium is the WVR-7K. I like to refer to it as my Wolverpult --- smaller, faster, better catapult that doesn't have those huge ears.

Of course, it also doubles as a streak boat or an SRM bomber and I'd say it does the job better than the CN9-A, faster engines, jump jets . . . . better all around IMO.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Tabu 73

to Tabu 73
I may. Life has me under it's thumb atm so I'm trying to figure out how best to handle unit management given my minimal involvement as of current.

Tabu 73
Richmond, VA

Tabu 73 to demir

to demir
That's good to hear, perhaps I'll have a chance to drop with you before I leave for vacation May 19th. I just finished mastering my Firestarters so they should be fun running around spotting targets for your Wolvie - and maybe stealing your kills

I have to agree with you about the CN9, apart from the Yen Lo I think they've been rendered obsolete. Kintaros and Trebs still have a place in the game so I'll have to redirect my attention to them.

How are you liking your Atlases so far?
Tabu 73

Tabu 73 to Gevurah

to Gevurah
No worries Gev, life's the priority

I've sent out of a few invitations to FRR players still looking for a group so there's a chance we may have some guys register. Also, Pestolents is working with a friend of his on developing a medal/badge system for our unit. I'll remind him to send you more info about it once they've cobbled it all together.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Big patch tomorrow everyone, FYI. Phase 1 of the lobby/matchmaker system, basically
Gevurah

Gevurah to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
PATCH NOTES APRIL 29TH, 2014
PATCH #16

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, April 29th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: 1.3.286

Change Log

UPDATE

Greetings MechWarriors,

We're hyped to bring you the Launch Module update! This package of features brings an overhaul to the matchmaker for public games and offers the opportunity to carry out private matches. Whether it's a fan tournament, grudge match, or even a place to film in-game: How you use a Private Match is now in your hands!

Private matches allow you to choose who you play against and modify the rules of the match. Depending on your Premium Time status: You can change the game mode, the map, tonnage rules, and more!

Public matches now have a rule of three's: All weight classes will be restricted to 3 per side. By also prioritizing tonnage totals and factoring in ELO: Those who play in 2-4 or 12-player Groups may notice immediately some of the changes in matchmaking behavior. Lone Wolves can still simply select "Public Match" after "PLAY NOW" to drop right into the action! We hope that these changes will provide a more consistent and balanced experience for all pilots.

Our thanks go out once more to all MechWarriors who took part in the Public Test event for this module. Those who completed 5 Public Matches during that test are being awarded a free day of Premium Time to further enjoy these new systems. If you missed this opportunity to take part, please stay tuned for Announcements regarding future Public Tests.

Added to the private lobby is the ability to replenish purchased consumable modules, while those in the public queue now have the ability to cancel out of the matchmaker while searching. Other changes we are including are the ability to turn off cockpit glass, film grain and depth-of-field options through the user-config files as well as a bug fix to allow retention of the game mode selection. You can check out the notes below for more specifics on how the Launch module works as well as other bug fixes!

We thank you and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Matchmaker for Public Matches

The new match maker brings a new Mech weight class restriction to team building:

- The Rule of Threes (3-3-3-3): Inside of a public match there must be no more than 3 of a given weight class.
- 3 Lights, 3 Mediums, 3 Heavies, and 3 Assaults.
- The matchmaker will fill public matches according to this rule.
- When balancing teams based on weight class, the match maker also tries to prioritize tonnage when matching to keep tonnage close to each other on each team.
- ELO is quietly factored in to better match players with similar statistical skill levels against one another wherever possible.
- Public matches still contain exactly 24 players in any case.
- Players can now cancel from Searching for a match.

What does this mean for the Lone Wolf player?

- To enter a game as a Lone Wolf you click on PLAY NOW and select Public Match from the drop down. The normal behavior of the public queue is the same from this point on.

Group Launching

When it comes to groups a few restrictions apply:

- Groups can only be 2 – 4 players or 12 players.
- For launching into a public game a group needs to stay within the rule of only 3 'Mechs per Class.
- The Rule of Threes (3-3-3-3) also applies for 12 player groups.
- Private matches are not affected by the 'Mech class regulations.
- When it comes to groups, the matchmaker assigns these first.
- There cannot be more than one group on a team.
- (Known Issue: Currently it is possible to have more than one group on a team.)
- The system tries to match the groups on both teams as close as possible depending on availability.
- After the group's missing spots are filled up with solo players, maintaining the 3-3-3-3 rule.
- 12 player groups always play against 12 player groups while following the 3-3-3-3 rule.

Creating a Private Match

- To create a private match, click on PLAYNOW and choose the option Private Match from the pop-up.
- Only the lobby creator can modify the game options. See below for more details.
- 2-4 and 12 Player Group Leaders can also start a Private Match while they are in that group.
- While in a group, the group leader would click the Group Launch button and select Private Match from the pop-up window. This will bring up the Private Match Lobby just like the above method would, but this time all the players in the group would be brought into the Lobby simultaneously.
- After a match has completed, all players are returned to the Lobby.

- Game Options- If the Lobby creator has Premium time, they will have access to change:
- Map: Sets the map for the match.
- Tonnage Rules: Sets the tonnage window a team has to stay within.
- Match Time: Sets the time for the match.
- View Mode: Free to the player or restricts the view mode to either option.
- In order to adjust the option FULL TEAMS, the lobby creator and the Company Commander of the opposite team must have active Premium Time on their accounts. If this option is set to NO you are able to form teams of any size as long as there is at least one player on each team.

Invitations to a Private Match

There are three ways that players can invite other players to a private match.

- The first way is to invite players from the leader’s social friends list.
- Clicking a player name on the friends list will bring up the option to invite that player to the Lobby.
- The second way is to invite a player by typing their name into the invitation box.
- This is accessed from a button on the bottom of the friends list.
- The third way is to invite the leader of a group.
- In order to do this, the player who created the lobby must know who the leader of the external group is.
- The invite to the group leader is accomplished by one of the two above means; If the group leader accepts the lobby leader’s invite, the entire group is brought into the lobby.

While Group leaders can be invited, group members cannot. In order for a group to take on an invitation: Every member of the group must be set to ‘Ready’. Once the group leader accepts the invitation, the whole group is taken into the private match lobby.

It is not possible to invite a player if:

- The invited player is offline.
- The invited player is a member of a group but not the leader.

It is not possible to accept an invitation if:

- The private match lobby does not exist anymore.
- There are not enough free spots for all players of the invited group in the private match lobby.
- The private match lobby already started a match. In this case, the invitation can be accepted again once the match is over and the players return to the private match lobby.

Managing Players in the Private Lobby

- The Lobby creator has the ability to move any player into any slot in the Lobby player list.
- The leader of team 2 will also have the ability to move players to any slot within their own team.
- The Lobby creator has the ability to kick any player from the Lobby.
- The Lobby creator is the only player that is able to change the options for the match.

Modifying Consumables

- Players will be able to change/replenish their consumable between matches while in the Lobby.

Bug Fixes

- Previous game mode selection will now carry between matches if the player is in a group.
- Fixed a server side issue where explosion effects were being queued across multiple frames resulting in damage being applied at the wrong time.
- Fixed an issue where players on 'High' or 'Very High' experience graphical corruption when viewing refraction of terrain far away and smoke
- Fixed an issue where ballistics have no collision visual effects with water within 250 meters.

Known Issues

- It is possible to have more than one 2-4 person group on a team in a Public Match.
- Lance and Team Commander status selection is not carried over from lobby to in-game.
- Members of a Private Lobby will not see a 'Searching' prompt when the leader launches.
- Start in 3rd-person option is not functional causing players to always start in 1st person.

General

The following configuration variables have been exposed for tuning in your user.cfg file. To add these to your user.cfg file navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online (or your custom installation location) and if it doesn't exist, create a file user.cfg containing these settings as desired. Don't forget to set the value desired.

- gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0/1 (off/on)
- r_DepthOfField=0/1 (off/on)
- r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0-1.0 (film grain amount)

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

The MechWarrior® Online™ Team
demir
Premium Member
usa

2 edits

demir

Premium Member

*yawn*

About the only thing I care about with this patch is the ability to turn off cockpit glass.

Wanted : ability to reconnect after a DC while in game.

Wanted : pre-launch layout where you can swap in any component you currently own into your currently selected chassis. Save, load and create profiles of loadouts that allow for easy swapping.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I would like 1km range on machine guns.
demir
Premium Member
usa

demir

Premium Member

Didn't you know?, that's been live for months.
cmslick3
join:2004-05-24
Joliet, IL

cmslick3

I like being able to remove the cockpit glass on my laptop since it's only got the Intel graphics. My FPS came back up to a playable level and I can live with it where it's at.

Just need to play better.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Gevurah

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

Private matches allow you to choose who you play against and modify the rules of the match. Depending on your Premium Time status: You can change the game mode, the map, tonnage rules, and more!

can someone please clarify why this require's Premium Time?
demir
Premium Member
usa

demir

Premium Member

PGI doesn't earn income using a subscription model.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

That's more an excuse than a reason. PGI has solidly placed MWO in the freemium category and no longer F2P, since by definition, you can't play it for free. It virtually requires you to put money down to have any sort of reasonably fun experience.

Tabu 73
Richmond, VA

Tabu 73 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Who might be interested in some private matches for lance vs lance and 1v1 practice against the other FRR units and possibly some Ghost Bears later this June?
demir
Premium Member
usa

demir to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
It's still F2P and you don't need to throw any money at it to have fun.

When did this forum become your favorite toilet? You whine so much I want to avoid coming in here.
cmslick3
join:2004-05-24
Joliet, IL

cmslick3

Click for full size
On a lighter note I though this win damage amount was quite interesting...

I'm usually pretty good with that mech and my TDR-5S. The rest are questionable.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Mechwarrior Online Free-to-Play is now on Steam!

»store.steampowered.com/a ··· /342200/

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Thanks Shin - kind of pissing in the wind though around here. People have some serious h8t0rade for MWO. So I don't really bother talking much anymore. But since I got the urge to check this thread for the first time in a few months and you brought up steam - here I am :P

FWIW - I don't blame them - there were some dark years with MWO. Bad impressions are difficult to get over. I do miss playing with my friends on here but it is what it is.

My unit after my split from the 1st Hussars is "Tyrs Blade" - we're a private merc company. We do regular weekly games (10pm, EST, EVERY WEEK) for the past year now. We did very well for our small sample pool of games in CW during the Tukayyid event this year and represented ourselves well. We play pretty much every faction based on payouts, potential rewards, enjoyment, new packs dropping (for instance, we're Jade Falcon for two weeks due to the clan origins pack dropping). We do the occasional scrimmage against pro units like Isengrim or the 201st Strykers. We conduct ourselves fairly well. Our core group is about 6 regulars who meet every friday.

The game has improved, of course. Lots of good mechs, good variety and decent balance currently with IS quirks and clan nerfs. Clan lasers got a decent nerf on the pre-steam rebalance and IS mechs got HUGE structural quirks so they take a retarded amount of damage to kill. It's actually a really nice dynamic. Clans are glass cannons, IS are walking brick houses.

The Origins mechs are pretty strong right now but that'll probably get a nerf in a few weeks. On a plus side, they're cost prohibitive and got zero bonuses in terms of quirks.

If people want to play with us they can either message me, fill out an app at »tyrsblade.enjin.com or hit us up on fridays.

See ya in 6 more months :P

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

I think that if Battletech makes it to release it'll be a good rallying point for Mech game lovers.

I liked MWO the few times I tried it, but the shameless calls for cash are disheartening.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

I think that if Battletech makes it to release it'll be a good rallying point for Mech game lovers

This is going to be awesome.

My current laptop cant run MWO but I normally do a couple matches when I get back home.

My CTFs are still a joy for me.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
They fix the interface? The 2.0 interface was supposed to be drastically better. But I hated it. They had a third part website that tons of people used, and they couldn't make it an option to be like that. Outfitting a mech was such a PITA and at the time getting steamrolled by Clan Mechs wasn't much fun.

Now that it is on steam I may be up for installing it.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

They've made improvements, yes. There's strip buttons, for example - to strip all items, armor, cockpit items, modules, etc for a mech. They still haven't put the time in to clean up the modules setup much but honestly that's my only complaint at this time.

Mostly the big improvements have been to play balance and content. The mech packs are pretty well priced lately and honestly it's still cheaper than playing wow, IMO.

The mechs if played well are very competitive with each other, though each side has it's own meta.

It'd be cool to play with you and the others again but I'm not gonna hold my breath lol