Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Jobbie

Re: Mech Warrior Online

This new cicada could be pretty potent, like the Raven, but without the ECM. With 4 lasers and 2 missile hard points, you could lay out 2 streaks, 4 medium lasers, high speed, and lay out a world of hurt. Even without ECM, this looks like a good mech.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Gevurah

join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Should be pretty solid. High speed, VERY good torso twist (125 deg each dir w/out tweaks/basic/etc)?!, reasonable payload, good armor.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

It can be a mean hitter at that speed for sure... but I really hate that chassis. Way too easy to render it useless, I find.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA

I've seen some nasty cicadas. Barring the absolutely trashy trial mech, that is.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

said by Jobbie:

said by TheThing:

is this one of those Text RPG games you guys been thinking about trying?

you guys talk a lot about it, but i see no screen captures!

(youtube clip)
what you are missing

That was fucking dumb.

You're in the wrong thread.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

It can be a mean hitter at that speed for sure... but I really hate that chassis. Way too easy to render it useless, I find.

I think most people only play the trial cicada. You see very few legit cicadas out there. Get one thats armored up and you'll see that those things are actually a bit tough to take down, especially one that can hit back (hard) and move around like a mad man.

Too bad it doesn't have ECM. If it did, it would replace the Raven 3L entirely.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Gevurah

I didn't pay attention if the cicadas I was hitting were trial or not... but I find their legs so easy to hit, and they would fall off way too quick.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

No, you guys are playing the wrong game.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Krisnatharok

I do have to admit that I played 2 or 3 hours of MWO this weekend. I played 6 - 9 hrs of PoE.

Its pretty freaking amazing. The passive tree and the skills are crazy deep!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Archivis

I guess I'll give the Cicada a try once I'm done decking out the Spider. Their speed is still good, so I'll see how they actually feel in combat (when it's not a trial one.)

Edit: Plus I still need to try that fast mech with an AC20 thing. The Cicada should work better for that than a Raven, anyway.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Archivis

3m variant does, but it's ballistic and energy hardpoints. Only good variants I've seen are 4xMPL, 4XML, and 4xSL/1xLBXAC10

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Savious

»www.golfmkv.com/forums/attachmen···53203207

RavenX11R6

join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA
reply to ekster

they're good as sniper and recon mechs but they're tough to pilot through anything else

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

How's Diablo 3 treating you? Love crawling through those dungeons so you can junk everything you find so you can head over to the AH and buy your upgrades instead?
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

said by Krisnatharok:

Forgive me if I don't take the word of Diablo 3's biggest fan.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Archivis

Don't soil this thread by bringing in that pay2notplay game.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Archivis

Theres no currancy to speak of. The only thing of value are items that allow you to change gear. No AH. A crazy passive tree. A skill system that is sooooooooo deep I can't even begin.

Srsly look it up if dungeon crawlers intrest you at all.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to ekster

»mwomercs.com/forums/topic/102563···y1995414 more info on what's up in MWO this month

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Savious

said by Savious:

Its not Path of exile?

Which way is the wind blowing today?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Gevurah

"New User Controls and Joystick Improvements

Players will now have more options with regards to how they pilot their BattleMechs. Several new control systems and improvement have been added including Throttle Decay (gas pedal vs set throttle), Arm Lock to torso, Set Point Throttle (10-100% throttle values in 10% increments), Face Torso, and Joystick Analog turning. Player will also be able to customize their key bindings via the Pause Menu during matches."

I am going to be very happy when that patch hits. All that's missing is a reverse throttle and then I can have some real fun.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA

Dude. That's great but just wait. We're FINALLY GETTING CONSUMABLES! WOO! GXP WASTING TIME.... airstrikes? HELLLL yeah.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Consumables will use CBills though! So I'll avoid it mostly... I first need to get all my Jenners mastered, and that'll cost too many Cbills as is.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA

I'm sitting on 25m Cbills. Gonna use those to feel more commander-y by dropping artillery on enemy soldiers.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to ekster

dupe post X_X

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Gevurah

lol... I am sitting at about 700 CBills right now

I'm also very happy for the training grounds. I've been meaning to rebind my controls to be able to completely control the whole mech with my mouse only, but I didn't want to screw around during matches on getting used to that.

Now I'll finally be able to pull it off.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to TheThing

Take the PoE discussion to the appropriate thread.

kthxby

RavenX11R6

join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA
reply to ekster

buy a death Knell it's like a 4ml Jenner only as a commando and play it for a weekend you'll have lots o cbills in no time

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Jobbie

Im downloading this right now. I better have friends to play with tonight! My best best DSLR friend, Jobbie.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

Looks like we're on our way to a third lance

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

said by Savious:

How's Diablo 3 treating you? Love crawling through those dungeons so you can junk everything you find so you can head over to the AH and buy your upgrades instead?

I...

Well you see....

First off....

Ahh screw it. D3 sucks.
--