Search similar:

uniqs

Gevurah
join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to ekster

to ekster

Re: Mech Warrior Online

Dude don't sweat it. Raven and I started on terrible streaks. I pulled from about .3 something all the way to where I am now (1.05). It'll trend upwards as you improve. Raven's had a similar climb.

RavenX11R6
join:2013-03-02
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6 to ekster

to ekster
yeah I might run a cbill coolant flush on my hunchback... maybe a dragon... but really heat management isn't a big deal... and I'm looking forward to the strike modules

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I'm not sweating it... It's actually only at 28/33. I can get it above 1 in a single game if I get an assault or heavy (or really lucky and kill steal everything from you guys. )

Just funny how I started with some crazy luck as I had a 1.5-2 KD ratio with an unfinished Jenner for the first 15-20 matches.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I just checked and my KDR is at 1.44.

RavenX11R6
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6 to Gevurah

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

Dude don't sweat it. Raven and I started on terrible streaks. I pulled from about .3 something all the way to where I am now (1.05). It'll trend upwards as you improve. Raven's had a similar climb.

from .12 all the way to .43 and climbing daily

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I wonder what the new and improved stats they'll keep track of though. I'd love to see the kill assists. Mine is sky high. I don't think there's a single mech killed whom I didn't shoot at least once in every game, heh.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
We made the mistakes so you didn't have to
Gevurah

Gevurah to ekster

to ekster
718 / 685
Kills / Death .. so yeah, I play a lot XD

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
mines at .35 but I rarely get the kill, I just do a pisston of damage and walk out with at least 4 assists, if not more.

*and screw basic'ing out two really, really, crappy ravens.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Hah, I just re-started MWO with a clean slate last Friday. I think I only played 3 or 4 evenings total so far. So yeah, it'll take me some time to catch up.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Blockgorilla

to Blockgorilla
EXACTLY! This is what happens. You max out your good ride and think this is awesome then you get stuck with two sh*twagon variants that kill your stats. Raven knows all about that pain :X

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

We made the mistakes so you didn't have to

The Raven and the LRM boat inflated my numbers, although I bet my ratio actually tanked since I started levling up the Raven2/4.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
i wish they had some calculation that included assists in the KDR. I think mine would be extremely high if so.

PS any of you computer science guys, i need some help trying to figure some homework out. if you can send me a pm if you remeber logic gates. I'm having trouble setting up a problem.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Mine is:

K/D: 102 / 144
Ratio: .71

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Blockgorilla

to Blockgorilla
Should be coming. During the tournament I knew they were tracking that stat so I made sure to hit every target at least once to max my assists for a round.

It's an important stat, more important than KDR IMO

RavenX11R6
Mechanicsburg, PA

RavenX11R6 to Exodus

to Exodus
that's what happened to me... was like .6 with the 3l with mostly solo drops... and then having to slog with the 4x and 2x... still mostly dropping solo with shit teams and no voice comm... if it was still that bad i'd prolly have quit

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
Damage per game is probably more accurate than assists or KDR. You could do 400 damage to a mech and then I could come in and snipe a 10-damage kill. The assists could be inflated, just like what Gevurah just said: Tag everyone at least once.

Damage is hard to inflate. Can it be inflated? To a degree, but it's probably more accurate of a contributor to the game than kills or assists.

That's probably why the scoreboard also heavily weighs damage done as who ranked the highest in a match.
Exodus

Exodus to RavenX11R6

Premium Member

to RavenX11R6
said by RavenX11R6:

that's what happened to me... was like .6 with the 3l with mostly solo drops... and then having to slog with the 4x and 2x... still mostly dropping solo with shit teams and no voice comm... if it was still that bad i'd prolly have quit

This is why we have our little gaming community that reaches beyond just one single game. MWO is fun for now, but it'll get stale eventually. It has to. Every game gets stale at some point. But we all play together on whatever game we're on. We played WoW together for years. We played League of Legends together for way more time than we care to admit. We've played other games together like SC2, Firefall Beta, D3, etc. The same people jump from game to game and it makes the whole gaming experience much much better.

I'm glad that I was able to integrate two people I know IRL (Gev and Raven) with my online gamer community through MWO. To avoid "burnout", we've started to adopt the idea that we should really have more than one game in the hopper at any given time. Changing it up extends the longevity of both games and keeps people from dropping off the face of the planet.

I tried to get my wife to play MWO. She got shit on before she could even learn the controls. The new trainer grounds might give her an opportunity to learn the controls and move around and give the game another fair shot, but it's likely she'll never play the game.

Playing games together is what we do. I pulled down Civiliation 5 while it was on sale from steam and we played that together for a little while. It has the ability for online play, but even a fast game consumes a ton of hours and a complete play through takes a few days.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to RavenX11R6

to RavenX11R6
Those were dark days indeed...
Gevurah

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
I can't really agree about damage because look at LRM boats. They can hit thousands of damage per round but in reality may never kill anything because the damage isn't focused. Focused damage > unfocused damage any day of the week. Indirect fire has it's place.

No, I think at the end of the day w/l ratio is probably the biggest factor. But really any number can be fudged, which is the problem.

I judge myself on of all things, component kills.

I'm a component killing master. I break people's shiny new toys 8-10 times per round, VERY consistently.
Gevurah

Gevurah

Side note my obsession with KDR stopped after hitting 1:1 simply because I wanted to make it stop being red. I hated that in your face reminder of ZOMG GET BETTER NOOB. It's just a personal OCD thing.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I think that's pretty much the job of a light other than scouting or kiting.

We have a much easier time aiming and taking out specific parts due to our speed and mobility. I admit that about 80% of my kills are pure luck as I just fire the finishing hit on something that others almost destroyed. Only real kills I have are when I stick on some heavy's ass that's too distracted to kill me, or that can't turn around fast enough or have a 1 vs 1 duel with someone light.

But the components destroyed is pretty much all I do. Hitting shoulders and legs is just so easy in a light with lasers as you can easily get up close and run away in seconds.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

i did this last night with a catapult, just shot off his components and then for the lols, just sat in front and killed him.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
On an unrelated note... I am in a mood to fire up either MW2 or MW4 for kicks just to see what I can do now that I am much older and understand it better and have had more opportunities to play against real people. I mean, it already became easy back then... I feel like I'd just plow through those games now.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
There's really just no metric to fully see it. I don't play for any specific metric. I just try to integrate myself into the team and play my role.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah

Which is probably the best way to play. You play very well integrated into a team so it's all good there. Personally I just ... get a little OCD over my stats. Of course, I'm never good enough to snag first, despite this deep seated desire...

does anyone have a couch?

"Tell me about your father."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

I think that's pretty much the job of a light other than scouting or kiting.

In my 3L, I can get in there and brawl with the best of them. Should I? Probably not. When I've had to though, I've done it. I'm finding that my skill is increasing and I'm starting to put a gap against the regular player.

I feel fully confident in my ability to 1v1 99% of the players out there. I'm having some successful 1v2s and I've been able to drop a player in 1v3 or a 1v4 and then get out without getting cored.

You guys saw that 1v2 match I had where I was able to fly around while a shitty spider pilot couldn't hit me. I took out the heavy and went right back to finishing off the spider.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
I like stats.

Well, actually, I love them! But I don't have an issue working as part of a team. I even had a game recently where all I did was run around scouting and capping. My total damage was a big fat zero at the end, but it was still fun.

But I also did manage to get 1st place on a random game once. That was the luckiest gave I ever had... Ended up getting 4 kills and 800+ damage in an incomplete Jenner.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gevurah

Premium Member

to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

Which is probably the best way to play. You play very well integrated into a team so it's all good there. Personally I just ... get a little OCD over my stats. Of course, I'm never good enough to snag first, despite this deep seated desire...

I actually don't like stats at all. I really wish they'd just keep them the way they are. People eventually start trying to push a certain metric, especially when "leaderboards" come out.

does anyone have a couch?

That was me having a "fuck yeah" moment after having such a long duel with those two mechs, especially since I was the last one alive.

Gevurah
York Haven, PA

Gevurah to Exodus

to Exodus
»www.sarna.net/wiki/Battl ··· tegories way back in the tabletop days the roles were already pretty defined. But you couldn't really adjust your loadout like we can today, because dems was da breaks.

That said, you are effectively filling a 'striker' role. While traditionally this was handled by the commando (some commandos have a huge payload, the 3A, for instance), your raven is built for that and is used in that context.

If that's what you're good at, good deal. It's a lot like the categories I used to have in AOW - the AOW skill classes if you recall. In this case though you can see all the diff classes are done differently. The key as a commander is to see the roles of various people, their proficiencies, and utilize them effectively

For instance for you, you're best served in a 'lightswarm' which is really just a roving pack of strikers.