Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Archivis

Re: Mech Warrior Online

I have 5 60's in D3 and several dead HC characters over level 30.

I enjoyed D3, but it didn't have any staying power.

It also sucks that you guys are 2 hours ahead of me!
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Hop on skype and we can get you through the game.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Krisnatharok
I guess Im just saying that sitting with friends in my living room drinking beer and playing Diablo 3 all on the same screen is a lot of fun.

I did it on the PS2 with a Diabloesque Baldurs Gate.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Jobbie
Still the Aftershock thing? I probably wont be on until tomorrow night, I have prior obligations this evening. (POE)

Speaking of that, when are you guys going to check that game out? (Arch, Kris, Jobbie)

Also, Ive been waiting to say this for about 3 weeks now:

Youre going to log on with me and give me a hand Jobbie? BAHAHAHAHA
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Yep the Aftershock conference server. I have an account created on PoE so you are behind the news.

And yes giving a hand is the best thing I do.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Wow, a whole account!?

Whats next, creating a character? Slow down, chief, its not a race... unless youre in the race league, then it is a race.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
AND I AM LEVEL 5!!!

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to Krisnatharok
wow, I hate inertia. takes some getting used to.

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

As to mechwarrior....

(youtube clip)

The 1989 version was WAY better with 4 color CGA graphics, the way *I* played it.

That and Ultima III (I think, may have been II) were the two games that I got with my XT 8088 computer for Christmas. My folks still have that PC in the basement at their house, I keep meaning to fire it up when I visit...

Just installed MWO and blundered around a couple matches, it's pretty cool. I keep forgetting the key bindings though...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok
wow I might have to download this I haven't played since 1998 with my sidewinder FFB joystick.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

said by Subaru:

wow I might have to download this I haven't played since 1998 with my sidewinder FFB joystick.

That's what it was for me--the last MW game I palyed was MW2.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Subaru
said by Subaru:

I remember getting a SW and sitting at a blank screen going "pew pew pew! Psshwwooo. POW pow pow!"

Lol, to be young again.
--

Gundy
Premium
join:2002-10-29
reply to Krisnatharok
Is it possible to play smaller match ups? The 8v8 lasts 5 minutes... you barely get time to do shit and run around. And everyone and their grandma is either a LRM catapult behind enemy lines bombarding you or a super fast run circles around your ass mech.

Games curve for a beginner is a bit steep. And no friend interface IN the game to tell where your buddies are. Totally turned off from the game. 5 minute matches are just BS, such 'big maps' and capture points and its just a giant death match in like a walmart parking lot.

Played 12 matches with a friend, lost 11 and won 1. Balance seems a bit to favor premades?
--
| Im not really a ego maniac im just really good at what I do... |

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
There's only 8v8 for now. I see no intentions from the company for smaller match-ups. It does look like they want to create massive maps for larger match-ups of 12v12 or 24v24.

If you hold down Q, you can see the location of your entire team. You can also hit B to bring up the location of your team. I've never had an issue figuring out where my team was.

No problems if you don't like it though. It may not be for everyone, but at least you tried it.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
I still need to download this! PoE is dominating my time right now.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Gevurah
said by Gevurah:

As to mechwarrior....

(youtube clip)

Aaaah, memories man. I remember those "ultra high res" textures on MW2 since I had a Voodoo card back then.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
So I was following this guide:

Atlas DDC Brawler Build: AC-20, 3x SRM6, 2x LLs

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJrjQJIn-2Y

And it's working pretty well--I got killing blows on the Atlas DDC and Atlas D, and pretty much wrecked their entire team without dying.

--

Gevurah

join:2013-02-22
York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
Nice, Yeah that's the quintessential Atlas brawler setup. It's nasty. Nice to see you're making effective use of it.

Did anyone else do the tournament this weekend? I screwed around a bit more than I should have and stopped early, but this is what I ended up with

»img11.imageshack.us/img11/2774/mwofinal.png

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Yeah, we saw you bailing on us this weekend for solo play. You missed out on Krisnatharok getting better with his Atlas and I finally learned how to play a light mech. I was putting out 400-500 damage consistently with the Raven on good matches.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
No guilt tripping there eh :P

I had to give it a go. There was a period where honestly if I'd have kept going I would have gotten far better but it was at 3am on saturday and frankly I have a kid so.. yeah

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Gevurah
I didn't really try, I was mostly grouping with others. My Assault ranking was 1,351.

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
Yeah it got really tough after about hitting 90 rank. I hit 80 several times, would stop and immediately get bounced down to 90-100 again. So come the end of sunday night after the kid was asleep, I had to grind out 30 places all over again.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Gevurah
It happens. Krisnatharok and I were having a bit of a winning streak where he was hitting the Take Command button and directing people. Everyone was working together and we were doing well.

I was in a groove with the Raven, scouting and shitting on assaults and heavies in the back. I love this Raven for no other reason than I can 1v1 an Atlas, finally.

I have yet to lose to a single Atlas when left alone.

I had one match in Caustic Valley where it was me versus 5 and I was on a dragon. I spent 60 seconds avoiding fire and taking down this dragon. I know I wasn't going to win, but I took the thing down while there were five mechs firing (and missing) me. I suppose this is where an LRM boat would counter all of that nonsense and just mess me up.

As a Raven, that's the first thing I go for, anything firing an LRM. I think that's a portion of why we're winning is that the LRMs have very little life when I play the Raven. I've gotten really really good at adjusting my speeds to keep the large mechs from being able to twist or turn to hit me. I sit sideways and use the forward/reverse engines to keep on the mech's back and just firing into the back of whatever mech will let me shit on them.
--

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
The raven is a pretty potent mech right now. I imagine some form of nerf might come in the future, but for now it's pretty nasty. God knows I fought my fair share of them this weekend.

Take command does help, I use it as often as I think is necessary though sometimes it can bite you in the ass. I do like having my text in gold though Do you use the map markers too? When you use them sometimes they go in the wrong place (ALPINE in particular). So be careful with that.

Also - can you make sure if you guys register for the site that you click "join us?" It's like any other clan/guild app so when you register you're only regging for ihostinghq, not for our site. I can't give you ranks/etc.

I was just going to list Arch as a lance commander, sounds like my intuition was dead on

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Krisnatharok
I am getting a lot better with my Hunchback 4SP, I learned how to use my right arm (unarmed) as a shield, just bought and Awesome 8R to be a LRM boat but I am not sure if I like it. I am slowly working on switching it to a brawler build (4 SRM 6, Large/Medium Lasers and a ton of armor).
--

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
If you like a shield arm mech, get a centurion. Their left arm is purely a shield and it's great if you can use it effectively. I did over 100 matches this weekend on my centurion CN9-YLW and believe me, that shield arm is a make or break for good centurion pilots.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Yeah I was surprised how long I could stand in fire just by showing the "right" side to the enemy my next build will be a Catapult and I need a light one to join the fun.
--

Gevurah

York Haven, PA
reply to Krisnatharok
Also in case you didn't see it, ask the devs 32 is up

»mwomercs.com/forums/topic/100449···y1943375

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
They're planning on bringing in a whole swarm of content it seems.