how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jamesonnorth

join:2012-12-22
Modoc, IN

What speed is my modem actually set at?

I'm honestly not sure of the speed we subscribe to, so I'm posting here to find out (1) what speed I'm getting, and (2) what speed I should be getting. Speed tests almost always show between 5 and 6 mbit down and between 768k and 1mbit up.

I have U-Verse HD on 4 TVs, and I know U-Verse uses the same connection for TV and Internet, so could they be taking away some of the bandwidth from my internet? How much so?

My stats are here:

DSL Details

Modem Type Built in modem - VDSL
Connection Type Dual

DSL Line Line 1
Down Up
User Rate 25310 kbs 2036 kbs
Max User Rate 46285 kbs Not Available
Noise Margin 15.9 dB Not Available
Attenuation 22.5 dB Not Available
Output Power 14.2 dBm 7.1 dBm

Protocol G.993.2
Channel Interleaved
DSLAM Vendor Information Country {65461} Vendor {CXSY} Specific {12291 }
Rate Cap 25312 kbs
Attenuation @ 300kHz 12.8 dB
Uncanceled Echo 0.0 dB Ok
VCXO Frequency Offset 0.0 ppm Ok
Final Receive Gain 6.0 dB Ok
Excessive Impulse Noise 0 Ok

DSL Line Line 2
Down Up
User Rate 0 kbs 0 kbs
Max User Rate 0 kbs 0 kbs
Noise Margin 0.0 dB 0.0 dB
Attenuation 0.0 dB 0.0 dB
Output Power 0.0 dBm 0.0 dBm

Protocol --
Channel --
DSLAM Vendor Information Country { -- } Vendor { -- } Specific { -- }
Rate Cap 0 kbs
Attenuation @ 300kHz 0.0 dB
Uncanceled Echo 0.0 dB Ok
VCXO Frequency Offset 0.0 ppm Ok
Final Receive Gain 0.0 dB Ok
Excessive Impulse Noise 0 Ok

DSL Aggregated Information
Down Up
User Rate 25310 kbs 2036 kbs
Max User Rate 46285 kbs Not Available

Protocol --
DSLAM Vendor Information Country { -- } Vendor { -- } Specific { -- }
--
CompTIA Net+ Network Administrator - I know networks!
Professional Photographer - www.jnphoto.biz - Weddings and Senior Photos
Nice and comfy with Frontier DSL: I can help with your issues!
»speedtest.net/result/2472459013.png

Midwest PT

@rr.com

Check your bill for accurate profile, I would say elite (6/1), on 25m profile.
Standard TV is about 2meg, HD 6meg, 25 profile is 3HD/1SD. If above is true your speed is not affected much (6+6+6+2+6=26) so using all four channels of TV would drop your speed little, if on MAX (12) internet or MAX Plus (18) then more HD channels watching would have an affect on your speed, prefence is giving to TV not internet when distribution of bandwidth is exceeded.

Midwest PT

@rr.com
reply to jamesonnorth

Check your bill for accurate profile, I would say elite (6/1), on 25m profile.
Standard TV is about 2meg, HD 6meg, 25 profile is 3HD/1SD. If above is true your speed is not affected much (6+6+6+2+6=26) so using all four channels of TV would drop your speed little, if on MAX (12) internet or MAX Plus (18) then more HD channels watching would have an affect on your speed, prefence is giving to TV not internet when distribution of bandwidth is exceeded.

jamesonnorth

Modoc, IN
reply to Midwest PT

Okay, thanks! I thought that might be what was going on, but since I'm not used to U-verse style shared bandwidth networks, I wasn't sure. I found the folder with TV and Internet info from the install, and it is 6/1 internet. Just wanted to make sure we weren't having some serious issues.

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to jamesonnorth

What model of Uverse modem do you have? I'm curious as to why the broadband stats page would show that 2nd line? It is almost like your install tech used an iNID, but used the traditional profile for a single pair install.

jamesonnorth

Modoc, IN

I think we have an iNID. I'm almost completely sure it's fiber to the house. There's an awful lot of orange cable in the neighborhood...

I think it's the i38HG.

I feel very dumb with UVerse! And to think, I'm an IT guy!

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

You do have an inid that is installed on the outside of your house, it is most certainly not "fiber" to your house..An inid is usually used when you are over 3,000' on the copper from the equipment out in th field.

I do notice that you should have sync on both lines(pairs) Your line1 shows sync but your line2 shows no sync so you could have an issue with a bad inid, bad drop pair(either underground or aerial) feeding that 2nd line or there could be an issue with the actual port sending the signal or something in the copper in between.

Definitely worth a call to the 800-288-2020 number to see whats going on, or you can post in the direct forum and someone can look at it before you call in

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to jamesonnorth

On most iNID installs, each line is stuck with the 19M profile with an aggregate profile of 25M. I just seems very odd that you have 1 line on the 25M profile with the normal 25M aggregate.
It is as if your install tech used the iNID equipment, but with just a single pair and the normal single pair profile.

Tech007
Premium
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

or there is a short in the drop or pair and its shifting all the bandwidth to line1, it can do that on LL(loop lengths) less than 3000' and even ones up to 3300~3500 but with all services usually will have issues with all the bandwidth on one pair greater than 3500'

Steve40th

join:2013-02-24
Goose Creek, SC
reply to Midwest PT

Where on my installation or bill will this data be present?

Tech007
Premium
Belleville, IL

where you got the line stats from inside the modem/rg it should say the model information or device info on one of the first screens post or im me some screen shots