dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to hm

to hm

Re: What does the CBB ruling mean to you and me?

I think DSL prices will remain the same to cover the cost of cable cost .. that is what i think!

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by LastDon:

I think DSL prices will remain the same to cover the cost of cable cost .. that is what i think!

Just wish i could get more than 3 mbit DSL in my area.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to LastDon

Anon

to LastDon
said by LastDon:

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

Jay_P to LastDon

to LastDon
said by LastDon:

That would be a strategy that some could adopt but their competitors will jump on the chance to offer a better DSL pricing.

Hm
@videotron.ca

Hm to hm

Anon

to hm
I like the CRTC chairman's quote:

"Large and small independent service providers now have the certainty they need to continue offering Canadians a choice of innovative and competitive services," said Jean-Pierre Blais, Chairman of the CRTC.

The CRTC expects, however, that the final wholesale rates will have a favourable impact on prices charged in the competitive retail market.

Now I have a question for Ebox, Start and Teksavvy.

Dear Marc, Rocca and JP:
Will I see anything favourable and competitive? If so, when should I expect a favourable price impact and alternative to Videotron? Because as is, I don't see it.

Anxiously waiting for your reply so I can finally have a new and competitive ISP besides videotron for 60-meg (w/ the bundle discounts, 10$ unlimited, and retention offer of 30$ off everything)

ty

Boy-o-boy I can't wait.
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to hm

to hm
said by hm :

said by LastDon:

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

Will if they do that, it will be unfair to the DSL users paying costs for cable users.

If the rates go up a lot for users... and I had a company I would just stick to what I had before... DSL and scrap cable for new installs..

But on the other hand how will the rates compare vs the Cable Co's?

that is what we don't know..

example ... if Start offers internet for 52$ and offers 250GB, while rogers offers the same TIER for 52$ and only 100GB... I'd rather go with start ..

It all depends I guess.

and In reality, any fees returned back from BELL, will go to pay for Cable, So the Indies might not have to pay a huge huge chunk.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Hm

Premium Member

to Hm
said by Hm :

"Large and small independent service providers now have the certainty they need to continue offering Canadians a choice of innovative and competitive services," said Jean-Pierre Blais, Chairman of the CRTC.

The CRTC expects, however, that the final wholesale rates will have a favourable impact on prices charged in the competitive retail market.

Dear Marc, Rocca and JP:
Will I see anything favourable and competitive? If so, when should I expect a favourable price impact and alternative to Videotron? Because as is, I don't see it.

Anxiously waiting for your reply so I can finally have a new and competitive ISP besides videotron for 60-meg (w/ the bundle discounts, 10$ unlimited, and retention offer of 30$ off everything)

ty

Boy-o-boy I can't wait.

When you don't get anything competitive, write Blais and thank him for this innovative and competitive decision on his watch.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by Hm :

Dear Marc, Rocca and JP:

ty

Boy-o-boy I can't wait.

When you don't get anything competitive, write Blais and thank him for this innovative and competitive decision on his watch.

I fully plan to. Just waiting for a reply from the indie's I can toss in his face.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to LastDon

Premium Member

to LastDon
said by LastDon:

....example :

If Start offers internet for 52$ and offers 250GB, while rogers offers the same TIER for 52$ and only 100GB... I'd rather go with start ....

Exactly, and the same sort of analysis would apply in GOUGEco-Land.

If True Unlimited is not practical for the Indie ISPs to offer on the cable side of things under the current cost model, then let's not get too worried, as long as some decently generous monthly usage caps and moderate overuse charges (UBB) can be had from them.