·Speakeasy

4 recommendations

Totally weird here...

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I know that most people have inclement weather, as do we in the Summer. But yesterday was a true event here, one that we've not noted in well over 20+ years. We had what is called grauple, which is a German word for barley. No matter what the weather service calls it, it was darned cold and most unusual here.

»www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph···ry-storm

The images were snapped out on my rear patio near our pool. The end one was fabulous, however, and though I hate this kind of event, the end result was perhaps worth it, albeit not very bright.

Compared to what many of you are getting today, this seems like nothing, but it really was totally unexpected.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
kudos:1

1 edit

Thas is sure wierd and glad for you tht it doesn't happen often. Nice pic's also. Thanks for sharing.
--
Just another day in Paradise

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to jaykaykay

Sister lives in Tucson and had snow at her house. The mountains around Tucson are covered in snow. PGA golf in Marana was suspended yesterday due to snow.
--
Team Discovery

SueS
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO
kudos:2
reply to jaykaykay

Interesting, it looks like what we call sleet.

Last I looked out we had at least 6 inches of snow and it is still coming down. If it continues all night we could very well see the 12 inches they said we might get.

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to jaykaykay

What popped into my head:

~singing~

"It's the end of the world as we know it..."

---

You've got the oddest names for weather events out there, JKK. Haboob and now grauple.
--
Patriotism is not waving a flag, it is living the ideals

I want to retire to the Isle of Sodor and ride the trains.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

1 recommendation

Blame the weather service. To me it's just plain yuck, both! A friend of mine from NM calls what we had 'snail'. I like that one!