gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to WEEDmon

Premium Member

to WEEDmon

Re: Shout Out and Brownie Points to SDL L3Tech!!!

I might be mistaken, about the power level, obviously they know better than me. If you aren't losing sync then I guess it's good to go.

There are ways to improve your needed signal level, but I'm not the right guy to address that for you, except to say having good cables, and good connections, and as little splits as possible, and of course having good levels to begin with at the tap.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

Really wouldn't listen to the phone support much at all, in honesty. When you start hitting 57 or around there, your modem will reset itself. Phone people are telling you it's fine because you're online at the moment. You are technically ok though if it's not causing problems, but I know more than a few isp that won't commission a new line at that level.

Also take a look at your wiring setup and see if you can remove any splitters to get your downstream power up a bit more. For Docsis3, that's close to causing troubles.

Neither of these though would be giving you the problems you were talking about at their current levels.