Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to Msradell

Premium Member

to Msradell

Re: Garbage HOA

said by Msradell:

It seems like a copy of the HOA document you have don't have any reference to this restriction, is that true? If so, did you ever receive notice of a meeting to change this part of your restrictions? Did you ever receive and amended copy of the restrictions? It sounds like the board may be trying to pull something over on the owners. You should probably consult a lawyer.

It also doesn't sound like your shutters are actually "put up" because they are retracted. "Putting them up" would mean putting them into the operational position IMHO.

I've been in Greenville, SC for business for the past couple months and she emailed me the letter up here. I had nothing to do with the decision. The letter seems to state that my roll up setup is included even when they're up but my OP was sort of a beer fueled rant more than actual fact as to what they've done here.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

The way I read the letter you posted it says that they can't stay closed covering the windows and doors. Granted the wording is vague but that could be to your benefit.

[edit] I have worked on very expensive houses in this area which had them. They were not for storm protection. They used them to block the afternoon sun on massive amounts of glass (houses with lake views). In othe words, that type of shutter does more than provide storm protection. Perhaps another angle.